Calling anyone in the East Midlands

Guest Django

Glad I did not miss this, must let Gina (aka blackcat) know to she is from Lincoln. Also Karen (aka skittle) not to far either.

Definitely count me in. I am sure I will be crawling the walls by then as will have been with the outlaws since 29th June (assuming contracts exchanged next week). I move out 29th June.

Really looking forward to seeing a few faces though.

You will have to post this nearer the time as a reminder as I will definitely forget!

Thanks

Angela

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Aussiebound

The more the merrier - will be great to put faces to so many names.

Pleased you found it Angela, great to know who I am chatting to on MSN.

See you all soon

Guest deanrm
The more the merrier - will be great to put faces to so many names.

Pleased you found it Angela, great to know who I am chatting to on MSN.

See you all soon

Thanks! Will see you there! We are in Lincoln so if anyone needs phone numbers of cheap hotels, campsites ect just let me know!

Also was thinkng, nearer the time it might be an idea to get final numbers and see if we can book a table or something as it gets really busy there on saturdays and sundays!!

Guest Aussiebound

Booking table great idea - numbers looking very healthy now!!

Have found two campsites - the one at Whisby was fully booked for that weekend but this one has loads of spaces:

Hartsholme Country Park Campsite, Skellingthorpe Road, Lincoln, LN6 0EY

They charge £11.70 per pitch per night, £14.20 per pitch with electric per night.

We have been to the Country Park before but not the campsite.

I am ringing to book our pitch tomorrow, think we are staying fri and sat night, may make it sunday night as well (neil works in Lincoln so he can go straight from the campsite Monday morning) - does anyone else want to join us - let me know asap and I can book them all together. The warden said there are still a few spaces left and they are quite big pitches, out tent is 16 man one and they said it would easily fit. Warden said he would be able to keep spaces reserved so we can camp nearby each other.

Why have an afternoon chatting when we can have all weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest deanrm

Don't think we will join you camping, seeing as we have not got a tent and we live around the corner from the park. Will meet you for breakfast in the cafe tho'.

Its a really lovely park, am sure you will be very comfortable!

Trisha

Guest Aussiebound

Don't blame you on that one - you could come and sit round our camp fire and then go home to your nice bed!!! As much as we love camping - there is nothing quite like home!!!

The site looked really nice on the internet, country park we found lovely, been a few times with the kids and grandparents!

Whereabouts

Guest Aussiebound

Don't blame you on that one - you could come and sit round our camp fire and then go home to your nice bed!!! As much as we love camping - there is nothing quite like home!!!

The site looked really nice on the internet, country park we found lovely, been a few times with the kids and grandparents!

Whereabouts are you in Lincoln, Neils family all in North Hykeham

Guest Jane.Mason

Hi All

Count us in, that's if we've not left by then, looking doubtful though:confused:still no house sale. Plus our wedding aniversary then so double the celebration.

Aussiebound have sent you a PM, we'll camp with you (caravan though)

Jane and Andi

Guest Aussiebound

Phone number for Hartholme Country Park Campsite - 01522 873578

Think it would be easier if everyone rings and books themselves as it will get a bit confusing if I ring tomorrow and then others start PM ing about booking. Some poeple will want electric and not others, people coming and going on different nights etc.

Is that Ok with everyone?

:confused:;):D:)

Guest Django

Flag is a good as sorted (good ol' Ebay).36_1_11.gif

I shall get there a bit early and put it somewhere shady coz its gonna be hot and sunny.28_2_4v.gif

Well this is England26_8_15.gif

Guest yisawoo

Hello All,

Can we be in your gang please. We are John, Heather and Oliver and live in Lincoln too.We hope to be going to Adelaide around October time. Just waiting for accreditation then the people who have offered me the job are going to sort out our visa. Would love to talk to you all as we haven't told many people yet and are close to bursting keeping it a secret.;)

Guest Aussiebound

Everyone welcome - meet looking great - loads of us going. Will be great putting faces to the names. You going in October, thats soon, hope it all goes well. We have just sent our visa off today! See you on the 19th!

Whereabouts in Lincoln are you?

Guest yisawoo

Cherry Willingham, how about you? Yeah October is very soon!! Happened sooner than we were expecting. I am waiting for my professional body to recognise me then where I'm going to be working will sort out visas for us.That's the plan anyway. They want me out there by Oct.House is up for sale at mo.

Guest happy-jools

Cant wait for the meet up. Looks like there are going to be lots of us, the more the merrier. For those who are camping, "Carry on Camping" is springing to mind. Think i shall be Barbara Windsor. Oh!!!!!;);)

Guest yisawoo

Isn't it amazing how many people are going though the same thing in your area and you have no idea until somebody starts a thread saying hey anyone in this area?

Guest Aussiebound
Cherry Willingham, how about you? Yeah October is very soon!! Happened sooner than we were expecting. I am waiting for my professional body to recognise me then where I'm going to be working will sort out visas for us.That's the plan anyway. They want me out there by Oct.House is up for sale at mo.

We are in Boston but all Neils family live in North Hykeham, they have friends in Cherry Willingham. We are camping at Hartsholme country park for the weekend of the meet - really looking forward to it even though its just up the road, be a nice weekend.

Guest Django
Think i shall be Barbara Windsor.

Best be careful doing your exercises then. 7_5_129.gif;)

Numbers are going up. Should be good. Pub will wonder whats hit it. 36_11_23.gif

Guest Django

Well with over 2 months to go I make it 16 adults and 13 children so far, although Tracey reckons its 15 adults and 14 children (can't see it myself).:confused:

Now then where are those leaves?;)

18.gif

Pete

Guest smiffy72

and when you all get out here an ex- east midlands meet up could be arranged.

I know there's one or two of us out here.

Stu

btw - originally from Matlock, Derbyshire - moved in March 2006