Calling anyone in the East Midlands

Guest Django

Guest ralph n bev

You might actually be better off with a double blow up bed, when our 3 were little they all got on one , you'll manage 2 little ones on one easy , and there less lightly to fall off . There better if they have boxed sides too. Dont think you can use a lilo thing you have in a pool cos you'll just slip off! If you dont have a gas bbq or 2/3 ring gas burner , ( aldi and asda have them in now dirt cheap and the blow up beds ) and charcoal bbq's arnt allowed your stuck really!!

Sometimes , sites have a microwave that you pay for 20p a go , dont know if this one has though!Might be worth ringing them up to see what facilities they have.

We once camped when the twins were only 10 weeks old and they were still being breast fed at the time , we went with a group of freinds NIGHTMARE ,

i couldnt drink (thats bad enough) , hardly slept (double night feeds) , and did not enjoy myself at all, the fact that our oldest was only just 2 and kept crawling out off the tent into the mud didnt help as well , needless to say we didnt go again till they were 1 year old and Jacob 3 !!

Now we have the caravan we go off every other weekend rain or shine , we do still take the tent when we know the weathers going to be good though, you cant beat proper camping!!

We even go to a place in Pickering called "vale of Pickering " New Years Eve its fab, fire works party and everything , the kids love it.

As long as your dry and warm through the night you'll love it , you'll also find the kids sleep like logs too.

Looking forward to meeting everyone,

Bev;)

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Aussiebound

We even go to a place in Pickering called "vale of Pickering " New Years Eve its fab, fire works

Bev;)

We also used to be a fan of Pickering - used to go to Rosedale Abbey - fantastic for kids.

We first went when Holly was 8 weeks old - completely different experience for us - she slept through for over 12 hours a night, all that fresh air must have knocked her out!

We absolutely love camping - could never have this many holidays a year if we went in hotels!

Guest Aussiebound
Mozzy,

just get the single inflatable beds from Argos, then through the sleeping bags on top. Get em for about £10. Just get the foot pump as well otherwise your knacker yourselve trying to blow them up!;)

Or you could get a motorised pump that works from your cigarette lighter - saves the leg exercise as well :P

Guest Aussiebound
oh, another question:

they don't allow 'coal bbq' - only gas!!

so how do you do the meals????

or do you eat out all the time?

so where do i plug in my microwave again ...4_12_6.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNxmk571YYGB

When we was at the site theare was signs up saying no fires - only gas barbeques

We use the multi kadac cooker - has barbeque, griddle pan and stuff on and we take a 2 stove burner. Julia taking her George Foreman grill thing. Could always get electric hookup for your microwave!

We don't eat out when camping - the kids would kill us if we dragged them away from the field!

Guest Aussiebound
Have you got a tent? :P

Ok this is getting huge now. Who is camping? I've 'blued' those I know that are camping. Could anyone camping not blued pm me so that we know coz we are planning a BBQ for Saturday late afternoon/evening and it would be good to have correct numbers.

Django 2 plus 4 kiddies

Aussiebound 2 plus 2

Scooterdan 2

Happy-jools 2 plus 2

Angela 2 plus 2

Deanrm 2 plus 2

Jane.mason 2 plus 3

yisawoo 2 plus 1

Ralph & Bev 2 plus 3

Simon & Carol 2 plus 2

Nicktastic 4 plus 6

ianb 2 plus 2

graandjac 2 plus 2

Jen&Ian 2 plus 3

Leanne and Mark 2 plus 3

Mozzy 2 plus 2

Thats 34 plus 39. 2.gif With 16 plus 17 camping

Pete

Could you make us a 2 plus 3 - Holly invited one of her friends to come as well - I must be mad!

Sarah

Guest ralph n bev

We bought a pump from mitchells wakefield , though they sell them in towsure sheffield,

that blows up beds in no time on the push down and pull up , and you dont get that screechy whiny noise like the electric ones .The kids argue whos going to blow up the beds!! So bring em over to us!!

Oh if your in a tent id recommend ear plugs , if your a light sleeper!! (like me)

The fresh air , that thankfully knocks the kids out , also has the same effect on adults , so sometimes you have snoring in stereo even if non of your family snore!!

We bought a pump from mitchells wakefield , though they sell them in towsure sheffield,

that blows up beds in no time on the push down and pull up , and you dont get that screechy whiny noise like the electric ones .The kids argue whos going to blow up the beds!! So bring em over to us!!

Oh if your in a tent id recommend ear plugs , if your a light sleeper!! (like me)

The fresh air , that thankfully knocks the kids out , also has the same effect on adults , so sometimes you have snoring in stereo even if non of your family snore!!

The snoring is the easy thing to put up with, just hope no one sleep walks!:P

After your barbies and wine im sure you will all sleep like a log. Just one question do u all want waking up by the rest of us passing on route to the pub?

Guest Aussiebound

10 seconds to pump up a bed with a slight whiny noise is far better than unnecessary exercise and leaves far more time for beer and wine! ;)

Snoring - never bothers us camping - like Ian says - we've normally eaten and drunken far too much to be irritated by anything! :o

Guest Django
Pete

Could you make us a 2 plus 3 - Holly invited one of her friends to come as well - I must be mad!

Sarah

1.gif

What all the way to Oz???

Will do Sarah

Guest Leanne & Mark

Can't believe this time last yr we had a Trailer tent, camping fridge, toilet, lovely cooker etc. but sold it all for Australia fund!!

So we've got a tent, and all the old stuff we couldn't sell.:mad:

Guest ralph n bev
Can't believe this time last yr we had a Trailer tent, camping fridge, toilet, lovely cooker etc. but sold it all for Australia fund!!

So we've got a tent, and all the old stuff we couldn't sell.:mad:

Are you going to the meet then? It s looking like its going to be a big one!

We will be selling our caravan before we finally move, but thought we'd keep it till nearer the time, who knows we may sell the house quickly ( possitive thinking and all that) that would mean we could live in the caravan in mum and dads garden , like little tinkers, till we flit!!

We are taking the tent , portaloo, and all the rest of the camping paraphanelia with us in the container, theres a lot of folk that do camping in Adelaide , so im told, and lots of places to do it!

Bev;)

Guest Aussiebound

We also planning on taking the camping stuff with us to Adelaide, the equipment all has to be completely free from any traces of soil etc. We clean the equipment really well after use but a really good clean maybe in order after we camp next easter.

Guest mOZzy

ok guys - we are almost sorted!

we've got us the beds and sleeping bags for the kids (got a good deal ;)) - thanks Sarah, but maybe someone else would like to borrow your bed now!

and i am getting a bit excited - am i sad ?!?!?! :eek:

we just need to go for our trial camp beforehand to show the kids how it's been done!

oh, and can someone please book an appointment with the 'good weather fairy'?!?!?

Guest Aussiebound
ok guys - we are almost sorted!

we've got us the beds and sleeping bags for the kids (got a good deal ;)) - thanks Sarah, but maybe someone else would like to borrow your bed now!

and i am getting a bit excited - am i sad ?!?!?! :eek:

we just need to go for our trial camp beforehand to show the kids how it's been done!

oh, and can someone please book an appointment with the 'good weather fairy'?!?!?

Think we need the good weather fairy now, have just spent the evening packing the car and roof box in torrential rain and theres more forecast! Going to Devon for 2 weeks - please let summer start soon!!!!

Our two so excited about Lincoln camping - they asked if the campsite we looked round the other week was Devon, Holly quite upset when I told her no.

Guest soggy

"Think we need the good weather fairy now, have just spent the evening packing the car and roof box in torrential rain and theres more forecast! Going to Devon for 2 weeks - please let summer start soon!!!!"

Ive heard that the summer starts in about 2 weeks time, enjoy your holiday:):)

Simon

Guest Aussiebound

Ive heard that the summer starts in about 2 weeks time, enjoy your holiday:):)

Simon

Thats about our luck - summers starts as we arrive home! Sure we'll have a great time whatever the weather!

Guest ralph n bev

Im sure you'll have a great time Neil n Sarah , your old hats at the camping lark like us!!

Just dont forget the waterproofs , we once did that and had to go out and buy 5 kagools again.

I thought Ralph had put them in and he thought i had , the usual thing.

We now have a list , (laminated no less) that we check off before we go. With everything but the kitchen sink on it.

Fingers crossed the weather stays fine for you.

Bev:)

Guest daksha

Can anyone give me more information about the meeting in the East Midlands on the 19th August; we would love to come along. Who do we need to contact??

Thanks

Can anyone give me more information about the meeting in the East Midlands on the 19th August; we would love to come along. Who do we need to contact??

Thanks

No need to contact anyone, Django will see u want to come and update the list. Scroll back through all these pages and it gives location and times etc. Hope to see u all there.

Any other problems let us know

Guest Django

Of course you can come the more the merrier (or is that what Jools says about wine:confused:).

It takes place from 13.30 on Sunday 19th August at THE GAMEKEEPER, Newark Road, South Hykeham, Lincoln, LN6 9NH(on the A46 Newark Road, Lincoln Bypass).

Quite a few of those coming are making a weekend of it by campng at http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/de...asp?revid=4346 we will be having a BBQ on the Saturday afternoon/evening. If you are interested in the camping thing just phone up the site and book a pitch. Those coming (and camping in blue) are......

Aussiebound 2 plus 2

Scooterdan 2

Happy-jools 2 plus 2

Jane.mason 2 plus 3

Ralph & Bev 2 plus 3

Simon & Carol 2 plus 2

Leanne and Mark 2 plus 3

Mozzy 2 plus 2

Django 2 plus 4 kiddies (visiting the campers)

Nicktastic 4 plus 6

ianb 2 plus 2

graandjac 2 plus 2

Jen&Ian 2 plus 3

yisawoo 2 plus 1

Angela 2 plus 2

Deanrm 2 plus 2

Daksha 2

36 big people and 39 smaller ones

Guest mOZzy

phewww first i thought pete doesn't love us no more 36_1_44.gif

now i realised he's putting us with leanne and mark in one tent 11_4_124v.gif - should be fun!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNxuk137MKGB

Guest Django

Sorry Susi I had keyboard issues.:D The issues being that an idiot was using it. :rolleyes::D

Perhaps we ought to warn the pub as the numbers keep going up. Really looking forward to meeting so many people. Lets hope the weather is kind to us.

Pete

Guest Leanne & Mark
phewww first i thought pete doesn't love us no more 36_1_44.gif

now i realised he's putting us with leanne and mark in one tent 11_4_124v.gif - should be fun!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNxuk137MKGB

HEEHEE Cheeky

I vote men and kids in one tent, us girlies in the other!!! Men are in charge of breakfast and all tasks assigned by us women.;)

Hey Susi are our girls the same age? livvy is 2 on 22nd august. 36_1_44.gif (my baby growing up)

I reckon they'll have fun chatting away together.