Calling anyone in the East Midlands

Guest Django

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mOZzy

oh yes!! i love your idea!!! (obviously ;))

caitlin will be 2 on 6th october -so not far out!

how old are your others???

oh, have you got a big tent????

Guest Leanne & Mark

Mark STOP RUBBIN IT IN!!!!!

Got a new tent, its a dome with three rooms coming of it. 2x 3 beds and 1x 2beds. So big enough for us lot. (ebay bargain)

Sold trailer tent last year along with toilet, fridge and cooker.:mad: typical!!! Could of done with the fridge for all my wine, and chocolate. (and livys bottles of milk i spose)

Oh well! Got an old cooker to use, and a mini gas bbq somewhere and we need another bed for Olivia, but thats about it.

Blake is almost 9 (09 sept)

Ethan almost 5 (11th oct)

My nephew, Roman will be 2 on 6th October!!!!!!!!!

Just pray its dry!!!

Guest mOZzy

leanne yep similar to ours! a big dome with 2 'bedrooms' - so how did you 'operate' the fridge???? how does it stay cold?

i am on the hunt for a nice gas bbq (portable one)

we bought 2 ready beds from millets (were on sale) and sleeping bags too

sarah said she'd have spare blowup bed (it's got so raised sides if i remember correctly)

yep, let's do another 'hope-it'll-stay-dry-dance'

Guest Leanne & Mark

:confused: Er you plugged it in, it got cold! if you don't go where there is elec you use a generator. (sold that too)

We got tons of sleeping bags, summer and winter ones,and two double beds, think we will get a king size so theres room for liv in with us. (Mark don't want his baby on her own :o)

Our bar-b was from local camp shop down here £25 (i think) millets are v expensive, ebay is better.

if you haven't got an elec lead with the outdoor adapter thingy, you can buy the adapter and attach it to a long extension lead, it is a LOT cheaper. (at least that's what mark has always used)

IS ANYONE DESPERATE FOR STUFF? PUT IT ON HERE WE, -OR SOME ELSE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP (CAMPING THINGS ONLY PLEASE, ;) don't get any ideas you lot.)

Guest mOZzy

well we never used such an elec thingy so didn't know you can plug in 'normal' stuff too. i thought it was for caravans :confused: - so you are saying when we put such an junky adapter thingy on an extension that'll do?? ashley can do that easily!!

hmmm, will the microwave work ?!?!? :cool:

oh and btw, did mark say anything earlier?!?!?!?!?! 36_11_16.gif blahblahblah ...

if they do insist though they all can dish out a drink or more ... i'll have mine a week before you ;)

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNxuk137MKGB

Guest ralph n bev

Dont forget ,

when you book in at the campsite, you must say if you want hook up. (electric)

Sorry if youve already done this , or know this ;)

Usually , in our experience anyway , it 's not standard for tents .

Im only putting my two penneth in cos when Ralph booked us in , with the caravan, the woman pointed out that she could squeeze us in , when we said we wanted hook up.

Depending on the voltage/watts at the site, plugging in too many electric items will trip the system!!

Asda , Morrisons, Aldi , Netto have all got cheap gas 2 ring burners at the moment by the way.

Bev;)

Guest Leanne & Mark

OOO Susi you best call em and book a elec pitch nx too Mr & Mrs Travers, and we can celebrate my old age together.

Yes always un plug the microwave, b4 plugging in the laptop !?!?!

Guest graandjac

:pWhy dont you lot book into a hotel like Ian B and us that way the the only thingy you will have to worry about is.................getting the key in the door after a few beers;)looking forward to meeting everone.....Cheers Graham & Jacqui

Guest mOZzy

because we like an adventure ... like going to oz :P

and camping with our monsters seems like a good test :eek: - if we can survive that then we can do anything!

Guest graandjac

:pwho is supplying the life raft and vests ....but i agree on the adventure thing should be fun would loved to have joined you but thing is ...........dont have a tent;)cheers Graham

Guest ralph n bev
:pwho is supplying the life raft and vests .... Graham

Why do you think were taking the caravan!! Bloody weather.

At least it floats , ive seen a few bobbing around down south on T.V.

Bev:(

Guest mOZzy

yep i guess we'll be leaving our options open too. i'll surf around for indoor places to stay at in that area ;) ... just in case ...

ohhh no tent!! hmmm, there's got to be someone out there willing to lend you one :D

there might even be some room still for you and the boys in the 'mens tent' with mark!!

jacqui comes with us - right leanne?!?

yep i guess we'll be leaving our options open too. i'll surf around for indoor places to stay at in that area ;) ... just in case ...

ohhh no tent!! hmmm, there's got to be someone out there willing to lend you one :D

there might even be some room still for you and the boys in the 'mens tent' with mark!!

jacqui comes with us - right leanne?!?

Would love to join u all on the camp site but much prefer all the home comforts of a hotel and bar!

Still be good practice for you keeping an eye out for the adders and spiders:eek:, i know not so harmful but you got to practice on something!:P

Guest Leanne & Mark

Mention of the Bad weather is strictly prohibited on this thread.

Rules of girls tent- Alcohol & Chocolate MUST accompany you. Along with warm sleeping bags.

Rules of Boys Tent/ tents all children must accompany you. ok :D

Guest Leanne & Mark
Why do you think were taking the caravan!! Bloody weather.

At least it floats , ive seen a few bobbing around down south on T.V.

Bev:(

no floods down here chuck.

Guest Simon & Carol

Hi everyone,

We'll be at the meet on 19th August and are all booked up for the camping on the Saturday and Sunday nights too. You might have seen our names on the list and not know who we are. We have already been members of the Adbrits site for a little while now , so some of you lot will already know us, but we thought it was about time we joined up on here so we can introduce ourselves to anyone who doesn't already know us. After all, we will be meeting you all in person soon. :) It's fairly obvious from our title what our names are, we have 2 daughters 11 and 7. We currently live in Goole, East Yorkshire, although Simon is originally from Nottingham and I am from York. Simon and the kids have never been camping before in their lives and I haven't been since I was a kid so it certainly will be a bit adventure for us. We may be in need of a bit of assistance (or even a lot ;)).

Anyway look forward to meeting you all soon.

Carol

Guest happy-jools

Hey Leanne love your idea bout the girls and boys tents. I think it should be posted as a MUST.

I would happily buy a separate tent for me to sleep in whilst Steve sleeps in the other with the kids.

May need some ear plugs tho, as Molly will search me out wherever I go.:confused:

Guest mOZzy

hello simon and carol and welcome!!!

guess what guys? because we had such a lovely day here in berkshire (for once!!!) we got all our camping gear out and checked it through. ashley got all the beds blown up - no worries, with an electric pump ;) - and sleeping bags are airing! we haven't used the things in over 3 years!!!

are we excited?!?!? ehm .....

Guest Leanne & Mark

We are really excited too, haven't mentioned it to kids in case the weather that shall not be named hits (the word i stated was strictly prohibited, due to it being cursed by a very powerful location charm, when ever it is mentioned a powerful magical force is alerted and thus the said word is well...er delivered. its true Harry told me so.)

00020068.gif This is me in my sleeping bag, just hope its not to 00020134.gif

Leanne