44 degrees today!

Guest cazzie

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god our hubs should meet;) Mine switched off the evaporative cooler/fan last night and opened the windows, letting hot air in grrrrr.

Suzer and Redfoxy - what are your husbands like?! I can't understand them not wanting the air con on, it is only for a week while it is extremely hot. If Bill even hinted at that, he would be sleeping in the garage - with just the hot air for company! Come on girls - let your hubs spend the night together in one house and you share the other house with the air con on full blast.

To your husbands - :P

For those who work in the city and are commuting by train, it might be worth checking if your train is still operating as the Brighton and Noarlunga trains have all been cancelled due to the heat.

Yes that's right. Bill has just called to say he will be an hour late as his train is not running. Poor thing, he is on a packed, sweaty bus with rubbish air con. Never mind, he has a cool house waiting at the other end.

Wish our house was cool, air con only seems to work when temp is below 34 otherwise blows hot air, don't know if it is us doing something wrong but babies having a real tough time sleeping!!!!

Wish our house was cool, air con only seems to work when temp is below 34 otherwise blows hot air, don't know if it is us doing something wrong but babies having a real tough time sleeping!!!!

Oh Tracey, I do feel for little kids in this heat - it must be difficult. Let's hope by next week that it is much more bearable. Chin up.

Guest guest569

"Apparantly " Evaporative aircon isn't very good when outdoor temp is above 35. :huh:

could this be your problem ??;)

"Apparantly " Evaporative aircon isn't very good when outdoor temp is above 35. :huh:

could this be your problem ??;)

We've got evaporative aircon and it's bloody brilliant! We have too options on it...cooling or ventilation.....have put ventilation on by accident before now and that does chuck out warm air.

We had our's serviced recently and was told we had one of the best systems you can get.....and it works lovely.....

We leave it on over night...quite low and actually wake up and feel cold!!!

We have the big thing on the top of the house which I think is evaporative aircon. We only have on and off and fan speed. Getting slightly cool air at the mo but its very good at heating the house!!!:arghh: It worked brilliantly a week or so ago when it was not really needed but helps to get the babies to sleep, now when I really need it, it is no good, it this the right or should I contact the estate agent about it as we are renting???

Guest panther
We have the big thing on the top of the house which I think is evaporative aircon. We only have on and off and fan speed. Getting slightly cool air at the mo but its very good at heating the house!!!:arghh: It worked brilliantly a week or so ago when it was not really needed but helps to get the babies to sleep, now when I really need it, it is no good, it this the right or should I contact the estate agent about it as we are renting???

The system may need servicing but evaporate airconditioning works well during hot dry days similar to what we are experincing today but will not work in humid weather. A refrigerated one only works then

Panther

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Evap air con will only drop the temp by a few degrees the hotter out the less it will fall.

When we rented the haouse we are now owning, we contacted the agent to ask if they could have it cleaned they assured me there was no need.

When we then owned the house I got an air con guy out who changed the pads as they were "condemed" due to years of not being cleaned, dangerous due to legionaries!

He then showed us how to use it properly. You must switch on the aircon by the switch first to soak the pads, then turn on the fan. If the pads are not wet then there wont get much cool air.

That is info for old evap units, I think the new ones work a little different.

Hope that helps

sarah

Suzer and Redfoxy - what are your husbands like?! I can't understand them not wanting the air con on, it is only for a week while it is extremely hot. If Bill even hinted at that, he would be sleeping in the garage - with just the hot air for company! Come on girls - let your hubs spend the night together in one house and you share the other house with the air con on full blast.

To your husbands - :P

Well mine FINALLY reached his boiling point after work yesterday. Ours isn't even a/c; it's just an evap fan but it is well worth it as we slept pretty well last night. I am worried about our fishies though as the tank temp is high and my littlest fish looks a bit stressed/ I hope he makes it:(

Guest Jamie&Carrie

I've just bought a $300 evap cooler (got it a tad cheaper) for when we move into our new place so I bloody hope it does help me sleep,although I'm not expecting the cold snap of a ducted A/C unit I still expect some relief!

Guest Guest75
Well mine FINALLY reached his boiling point after work yesterday. Ours isn't even a/c; it's just an evap fan but it is well worth it as we slept pretty well last night. I am worried about our fishies though as the tank temp is high and my littlest fish looks a bit stressed/ I hope he makes it:(

Drop the odd ice cube in - long as the temp diff is not too rapid - that should sort it.

Drop the odd ice cube in - long as the temp diff is not too rapid - that should sort it.

Have done as well as frozen some bottles of water and dropped the bottles in this morning, but they melted straightaway so will do again when I get home and then again in the morning plus put the fan on them again when I get home from work. The other 4 look like they're doing fine but 'little yellow fish' looks like he's unwell still.

The air con on this house just don't work. Still it was great popping in and out of the pool all night. Just floating listening to nothing but the sound of the occasional hoon trying to remove as much rubber from his tyres as he could.:o

Pete