Southern suburbs beach meet up ???

Guest guest569

Which date would you prefer?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which date would you prefer?

• Either is good for me
    • Saturday 21st Feb 3pm onwards
    • Saturday 28th Feb 3pm onwards

Just one thing, where is Moana Beach? Will you be posting directions and times in the near future?

)

Its down Seaford way.............................its the beach with the swimming bucket of teeth circling:jiggy:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know many people yet so this would be a good way to start

Hi Lisa, there will be lots of people in your position. Meets are a good way to meet people to start your social circle. Go along you will be more than welcome. There will be others there that won't know anyone else either. Have fun. May well pop along myself but don't let that put you off.

Pete

Guest guest569
Hi there, we are on a reccie/holiday from 14th to 1st March so would love to meet up on either of those dates. Keen to meet up with PIA and discuss their experiences so far!

Just one thing, where is Moana Beach? Will you be posting directions and times in the near future?

Thanks, looking forward to meeting....

Nick (34) Alison (35) Fin (8) and Sian (2)

Hi,

Go down the express way till the end and then onto South road. At the top of the hill turn right onto Griffiths drive , Seaford. Follow that road through the traffic lights ( at the blue pub) and keep going. That will take you to moana beach and the surf life saving club. Look left up the beach , thats where the cars are allowed on.

Well looking at the poll........I'll see you all on sat 28th feb from 3 pm !!!!!

Looking foward to meeting everyone that can make it.:jiggy:

hi there! we have just arrived in adelaide (last sunday) and would love to join you all on the beach...even though we dont know you! either weekend is good for us. we are staying with my mum and dad in dover gardens at the moment, and would love some company our own age! im ceri ( teacher from liverpool) and hubbie chris (telecomm /data engineeer from liverpool too). would you mind if we came too.....will bring plenty of wine and beer!

Guest guest569

Your more than welcome. I don't think many will know each other to start. :nah:If anyone else has any beach bbq's it would be much appreciated.

PLEASE NOTE I WILL ONLY BE COOKING PEOPLES OWN SNAGS ( SAUSAGES ) iF ANYONE GETS FANCY AND BRINGS OTHER MEATS THEY WILL HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE END !!!!:wubclub:

Hi,

Just thought as summer is with us with vengeance and the main reason for alot of us migrants on this forum is the beautifull beaches of Adelaide. bearing in mind the large influx of Brits to the southern suburbs. Who would like a meet up at Moana beach in february ???? FAMILY'S AND DINKYS ALL WELCOME ( i hate that abreviation but didn't know how else to say it to save any confusion !!!)

It could be either weekend of sat 21st or 28th of Feb ???

I will bring a small gas bbq and don't mind cooking and drinking all afternoon so all you will need to bring is your snaggs/bread /booze and bodyboards !!!!

Hands up if interested ???:idea:

sounds good, Moana is an awesome spot, count me in

Chands

I/we would be interested. Dont know many people yet so this would be a good way to start

Lisa

Hi Lisa.

I will be arriving this weekend so won't really get to meet many before hand. But like you say it is a great way to get to know people. Look forward to meeting you soon.

Guest Paul&Lisa

Hi all, back on this site from the 'other one'. Someone just told me about the meet-up. been here just over a month and would love to come (currently in Morph V.0), see you there.

Paul

Guest paulbrown85

Hi there,

just browsing the site, me the misses and 2 kids are moving to adelaide in september, loved your message for a meet up, is this a common thing you guys do?? what are the beaches like?? can't wait to get out there,

Paul from leicester

Hi there,

just browsing the site, me the misses and 2 kids are moving to adelaide in september, loved your message for a meet up, is this a common thing you guys do?? what are the beaches like?? can't wait to get out there,

Paul from leicester

Hey Paul, you are going to LOVE IT! the beaches are lovely...especially at Glenelg and Brighton, (near the city) but a little further afield is Hallett Cove (3o mins from city) which is rocky, more for rock pools and fishing for the kids, and then there is Moana which is gorgeous. we have only been here since last Sunday, so I will make it my personal mission to visit as many beaches as posible,between now and september, sampling the amenities(bars and cafes!) surf and sand, and reporting back to you!

September will soon be here!

keep in touch,

ceri and chris

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya all,

We have been to Moana beach today, there was a sign stopping cars entering due to "soft sand", not sure if this a regular occurance - first time I have seen the sign, but it might be something to bear in mind if you have to carry loads of stuff down there.

We ignored the sign though having a 4 wheel drive - along with a few others who had also disregarded it.

The soft sand is right at the entrance until you get onto the flatter stuff :wacko:

Anyway it might have rectified itself by the meet up!

Hope this helps!

Guest guest569
Hiya all,

We have been to Moana beach today, there was a sign stopping cars entering due to "soft sand", not sure if this a regular occurance - first time I have seen the sign, but it might be something to bear in mind if you have to carry loads of stuff down there.

We ignored the sign though having a 4 wheel drive - along with a few others who had also disregarded it.

The soft sand is right at the entrance until you get onto the flatter stuff :wacko:

Anyway it might have rectified itself by the meet up!

Hope this helps!

Yes this does happen sometimes but like you say it only really affects cars not 4x4's. I have already said that i will set up at 2pm to get a large spot not too far on the beach for those having to carry their eski's and seats.

Guest helen & co

Hi we would love to come, bout time we met more people, that'll be and the 2 kids, and himself, if he's not working................. I'll just go and put a reminder on the fridge 'cos I'm brain dead these days lol!! :err:

Helen

Guest guest569
It's Senior State Carnivals at the Moana surf club that weekend so it's going to be very very busy. Also, Moana nippers has been relocated to Aldinga so we wouldn't be able to get there until 5ish and there might be others in the same position on the 28th?

Just thought I would mention it.....

Carla

:arghh::embarrassed:

SORRY EVERYONE !!!!

DUE TO THE MOANA NIPPERS BEING MOVED TO ALDINGA BEACH I WILL UNFORTUNATELY NOT BE ABLE TO BE ON MOANA BEACH !!!!!!!

THIS MEET WILL UNFORTUNATELY HAVE TO BE MOVED TO THE FOLLOWING SATURDAY 7th OF MARCH AT THE SAME TIME 3PM!!!!

REALLY SORRY AGAIN EVERYONE. HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL SOON.;)

Brewery, piss up, organise. Just a few words that spring to mind. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

It makes our organising a round of golf a 18 months ago look like a slick piece of organisation. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Shouldn't it be the week earlier rather than later? Seeing as it was the alternative date???

Pete

Guest guest569

Shouldn't it be the week earlier rather than later? Seeing as it was the alternative date???

Pete

:biglaugh:Thought this sat 21st would be a bit short notice for everyone :wideeyed:

As i'm there every week anyway ( except next before any smart alec says it ) This sat is good for me.:jiggy:

SO THIS SAT @ 3PM IT IS THEN ON MOANA BEACH !!!!!!!:notworthy: