GOT A JOB, Light at the end of the tunnel !!!!!! Yeeehaaaa

Guest Martin and Val

Guest Martin and Val
Martin,

Congratulations! We are both so pleased for you. Good luck with learning the office skills, and your determination is an inspiration to all. Cazzie and Bill

Thanks Cazzie and Bill,

One thing for certain I’m determined to do my best and show them that I’m willing to learn. All I’ve been waiting for is for somebody to give me a chance.

Cheers

Martin

Congratulations Martin, that's great news, well done!!

Many thanks Kim and Peter, I can’t wait to start now!

Cheers

Martin

thats fab news and congratulations. hope you enjoy the new job.

Thank you Kath,

I’m sure I will be very happy. The smile on my face will take a while to go that’s for sure!

Cheers

Martin

Yeah!! You deserve it - big congrats to you x

Cheers Alexis and James,

It’s a huge weight that has been lifted, now I must prove myself and work hard. This is all I’ve wanted to do since we arrived.

Speak soon, thank you

Martin

Congratulations Martin, that is great news!! It is a start on the Australian career ladder and you never know where it may lead. You are an inspiration to us all. Good luck and enjoy.

Alison x

Thank you Alison,

As you say, it’s a start on the Australian career ladder. Even if the ladder is not a very tall one I will do my best.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin

Well done. Congratulation.

I was reading all your posts and you are a very kind contributor to this forum and am so happy for you. All the very best.

Hi Gypsy,

Thank you for your kind words, this virtual family of ours on Poms in Adelaide really is full of some great people.

Thank you

Martin

hey martin congratulations and who knows what it may lead on to. Just curious to know what you did in the uk. My other half is in the same positin, luckily he has a job but has taken a big backstep, hes now looking into enrolling at tafe to do a business course which will hopefully push him up the ladder a bit. good luck hun x

Hi Clare,

I know exactly what you mean by a big backward step. I worked for BMW on good money and picked whatever car I wanted before coming here. Now I can’t even afford an old Ute and I will be working in a warehouse office doing general office admin. I don’t really class it as a step backwards though. I feel it is a huge step forward, an opportunity to learn something new and to gain from the experience.

Good luck to your other half also I hope he finds what he is looking for.

Thanks

Martin

great news, sometimes it takes time , hope all goes well

Cheers Nicky & Andy, it has taken a little while but it’s a start.

Thank you

Martin

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Martin and Val
Great news Martin, really admire your determination now get your ass to work.

OK Denise, Sorry but I must enjoy my last week of lounging around the beach and the pool first. And then I promise to work hard for at least 14 weeks anyway.

Thanks

Martin

many congratulation to you, I'm of the same thinking, take what you can get as you never know where it can lead to. Well done, your perseverance has paid off, enjoy now and reap the rewards of all your hard work, not just financially but mentally too.

Hi Cornella & Andy,

Thank you and good luck with your new venture, I hope it all works out for you.

Cheers

Martin

CONGRATULATIONS MARTIN !!

I dont know you but have read many of your posts and my heart has gone out to you and Val.

We arrived in Spet 08 and it took me til 1st dec to get a job and my husband was in the same position as you.

Anyway we didnt have the guts to start up on our own and bought a VIP franchise and after only 5 weeks is doing very well now.

I am working fulltime "general office duties" (left the high paid high stress job bakc in the UK) bit like you and also helping out my Husband on the franchise.

Yes our saving have taken a huge battering, 2 vehicles, equipment to set up the buisiness etc anyway next on the agenda is a house purchase hopefully !!

Best of luck to you and I am sure you are releived to be gainfully employed !!!

I dont think anyone who emigrates to Australia realises how much it does actually cost in monetary terms.

However, its a far far nicer place than where I came from NW UK.

Best of luck again and CHEERS YAMMAS !! XX

Thank you, we didn’t have the best of starts when we first arrived here, but slowly things have started to work out. Above all we are happy and that’s what matters. My getting a job, albeit temporary, is the last piece of the jigsaw. The jigsaw that we dismantled in England has slowly been put back together since we arrived here. One part of that jigsaw will never be able to enjoy it but he is thought of affectionately at all times.

Good luck with your new business and we hope everything goes well for you.

To our Health and yours, cheers

Martin

Congrats!!!! That must be such a relief!!!

Certainly is Tyke, still won’t be able to afford a boat but I can buy the magazine and look at the pictures during my lunch break!

Cheers mate

Martin

Good on ya mate. Nick x

Thank you Nick,

It’s been a long time and although I still have to keep my eye out for something more permanent it’s the break that I’ve been waiting for.

Cheers

Martin

CONGRATULATIONS Martin Great news!!!!!!

Thank you Devon,

I was almost at the point of asking for your JOB when you leave!

Good luck and I hope it all works out for you.

Cheers

Martin

Congratulations Martin.

Hi Susan,

Many thanks, that’s kind of you.

Cheers

Martin

Guest Dave & Carole

Well done Martin....Congratulations.

My only concerns is whether you'll have so much time to contribute to this...what am I going to read whilst checking for our visa everyday!!!!!!!

Your posts so far have been invaluable - full of lots of common sense about just making a go of it. I hope you enjoy the job almost as much as the beer it will pay for.

Carole

Guest Martin and Val
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took me a while to get back into work too and it does knock your confidence! Now you will have that Aussie reference you will be fine!!!

Well Done again!

Lea :)

Thank you Lea.

All the best to you

Martin

Guest Martin and Val
Well done Martin....Congratulations.

My only concerns is whether you'll have so much time to contribute to this...what am I going to read whilst checking for our visa everyday!!!!!!!

Your posts so far have been invaluable - full of lots of common sense about just making a go of it. I hope you enjoy the job almost as much as the beer it will pay for.

Carole

Very kind of you to say Carole,

I only add what we experience in a truthful way sometimes this may offend people but that is never my intension.

Thank you and I hope your Visa comes through soon.

Martin

Guest Martin and Val
Congrates Martin .

Good luck in the new job

Cheers Matt, I was nearly at the point of running behind your bus to ask if you wanted the windows cleaned mate. (And I'm **** at cleaning windows):biglaugh:

All the best

Martin

Guest Martin and Val
Great news Martin. Well done! Proof that persistence usually pays off in the end.

Hope all goes well for you & you enjoy your new working life

Thank you very much, good luck to you also. Although does anybody really enjoy working? I'll try y best, cheers

Martin

Guest Devon

Thank you Devon,

I was almost at the point of asking for your JOB when you leave!

Good luck and I hope it all works out for you.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin

I will be sooooo sad to say goodbye to them when I go - I work with a great great group of people they are the best! They have been so friendly, supportive and in recent times loyal and protective - in an unbelievable way! I have been so very lucky in working with them, wish my OH had had the same! It's mostly women and some of them may have made you blush though if you worked for them :unsure::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Thank you for your comments on our move back

I wish you all the best and am sure that it will lead to bigger and better things for you if your new group are as great as mine have been.

Crossed with your post - I enjoy working - how sad is that?!!!!

Hey Cornish - If you read this what are you doing on here this week? Isn't your better half here yet? Hope she is enjoying her new life here and good luck to you both

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Martin

I will be sooooo sad to say goodbye to them when I go - I work with a great great group of people they are the best! They have been so friendly, supportive and in recent times loyal and protective - in an unbelievable way! I have been so very lucky in working with them, wish my OH had had the same! It's mostly women and some of them may have made you blush though :unsure::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Thank you for your comments on our move back

I wish you all the best and am sure that it will lead to bigger and better things for you if your new group are as great as mine have been.

Cheers Devon, I hope it all works out well which I'm sure it will. If you go into Newton Abbott say hello to my Aunt in John Street please.

Good luck

Martin and Val

Guest Devon

Will do!

Looking forward to going to visit Oxford as well as OH's family from there - lived there for a few years myself in Botley, Chalgrove and Witney, so can say hi's for you there as well. In fact with everyone we've promised to see "as soon as we get back" there won't be anytime for working over there! Will have to put my new/old job on hold for a while!

Guest Martin and Val
Will do!

Looking forward to going to visit Oxford as well as OH's family from there - lived there for a few years myself in Botley, Chalgrove and Witney, so can say hi's for you there as well. In fact with everyone we've promised to see "as soon as we get back" there won't be anytime for working over there! Will have to put my new/old job on hold for a while!

Handy to know, what you like at painting and decorating, :biglaugh:we need some work done in West Hendred.

Cheers

Martin

Guest familygood

Many congratulations Martin. After all your helpfulness on here you deserve lots of luck! Best of luck with the new job and sure it will be the start of your happy life in Oz.

xxx

Guest Lisa & Kevin

Congratulations Martin & Val

I haven't spent much time on PIA in the last few days. I found myself completely addicted to reading everyones posts last week, when I really should be sorting/clearing out before we make the BIG move. I started to feel very wrapped up in life in Adelaide, which isn't a bad thing really, but I have got heaps to do over here before we come over to join you all.

When I logged on tonight and read your fantastic news I was so excited for you :D

We have never met, but I feel that we have known you for years.

The journey you have been on is a very similar one to which I expect we will go on and reading all your very helpful/informative & honest posts over the past few weeks has been so useful.

I really wish you all the very best in your job and future in Oz.

I hope that you will still have a little time to spend on PIA, to keep us all on the positive journey to South Australia.

All the very best

Guest Martin and Val
Many congratulations Martin. After all your helpfulness on here you deserve lots of luck! Best of luck with the new job and sure it will be the start of your happy life in Oz. xxx

Thank you Emma, Graham and Grace,

Can’t wait to start to be honest.

Good luck with everything

Martin

Congratulations and good luck !!!

Thank you Sarah, Kenny & the Crew.

All the best

Martin

Congrats Martin, you`ll do great

Lee, Shell & the Gang,

Many thanks, I’ll try my best

Cheers

Martin

Glad to see persistance has payed off for you, good on ya. Julie

Thank you Julie, it took a little while.

Cheers

Martin

Congratulations Martin & Val

I haven't spent much time on PIA in the last few days. I found myself completely addicted to reading everyones posts last week, when I really should be sorting/clearing out before we make the BIG move. I started to feel very wrapped up in life in Adelaide, which isn't a bad thing really, but I have got heaps to do over here before we come over to join you all.

When I logged on tonight and read your fantastic news I was so excited for you. We have never met, but I feel that we have known you for years.

The journey you have been on is a very similar one to which I expect we will go on and reading all

your very helpful/informative & honest posts over the past few weeks has been so useful.

I really wish you all the very best in your job and future in Oz.

I hope that you will still have a little time to spend on PIA, to keep us all on the positive journey to South Australia.

All the very best

Thank you, Lisa & Kevin for your kind words. Good luck with the rest of your plans and we hope it all goes smoothly for you. And congratulations on the Visa, it’s a great feeling when you finally get it isn’t it although you don’t get the marching bands down the street like you should do!

Cheers and good luck

Martin & Val

Guest rockpool crab

Well done Martin!!

I've not been on here in a few weeks and looks what's happened. Fantastic news for sure..well chuffed for ya.

I'm sure you'll wow them.

I was at the SA Works Forum this week and the guy presenting spoke about the "puppy dog" syndrome.... meaning once you're in it's always hard to let go..bit like a puppy when it first comes into the house, the mums and dads might say no, not getting a puppy...but once the pups been in a few days they're gonners!

I'm sure you'll show them what you're made of in no time.

Cheers

Carol Ann

Guest Martin and Val
Well done Martin!!

I've not been on here in a few weeks and looks what's happened. Fantastic news for sure..well chuffed for ya.

I'm sure you'll wow them.

I was at the SA Works Forum this week and the guy presenting spoke about the "puppy dog" syndrome.... meaning once you're in it's always hard to let go..bit like a puppy when it first comes into the house, the mums and dads might say no, not getting a puppy...but once the pups been in a few days they're gonners!

I'm sure you'll show them what you're made of in no time.

Cheers

Carol Ann

Hi Carol,

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I'm registered for the SA work Forum this Wednesday, I believe it's all day with lunch provided as far as the letter says anyway. Is it any good?

Cheers

Martin

Guest rockpool crab
Hi Carol,

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I'm registered for the SA work Forum this Wednesday, I believe it's all day with lunch provided as far as the letter says anyway. Is it any good?

Cheers

Martin

Hi there,

I enjoyed it..beats sitting at home looking for work constantly :-) The speaker is really good and you get a CD crammed with resume / cover letter hints and tips. I've been reading it most of today and quite enjoying it. The forum does briefly discuss resumes but the guy wants everyone to go to the "workshop" which is a fortnight after the forum, for two days but only half days. I'm going to have a go at crafting some resumes and covering letters based on his e-book and take them with me, hopefully get some feedback.

The lunch is "ok", fuel I guess eh..lol...but there's plenty tea and coffee, muffins, cookies..mmm...not a bad wee day out really ;-)

I reckon you'll enjoy it, especially with the pressure off regarding looking for work for a bit!

Have fun...ttfn...Carol Ann

Guest wendy

Had to say well done too - I know the situation you've been in very well, still in it myself aaagggghhh exerience in England doesn't get you very far here does it !!

I too had the good job in the UK company car (only renewed every 3 years though not like you every 9 months gulp!!)

Good luck with it mate its a step in the right direction !!

I have renamed myself "Yozza Yughes" giz a job anybody just giz a job ha ha ha (hope somebody remembers him)

Its nice to read somebody has had the same experience as me

Hope it all goes really well ;-))))