Oz beer. The worst in the world?

Guest Bristol_Matt

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bristol_Matt
Matt you said you have big shoulders ....so your talking cr**;):P, love it the clean crisp taste of Hahn Super Dry....the best beer ive ever taisted....only my oponion of course.........lol

As for the price issue raised.........i guess if we were all drinking cheap beer so would all the teens and then we would then have Booze Australia on the telly... something i can do without so if it means paying a bit more then so be it........!!!!!

My shoulders are way bigger than that!

Now I think of it, that Hahn Super Dry... Isn't that the multi award winning brew they cant make enough of because the world just drinks it so fast?

Seriously, I heard Scottish Courage are interested in using it to clean thier pipes out in between production of Fosters and Kronenbourg!

Guest Guest75

One word......................Wine:D

Get into the wine here.

Such variety and prices are great.

Look out for the specials in such stores as Dan Murphys.

Ya don't have to spend a great deal or know a lot about wine - bust the mysth and rink red with fish or a sweet white with a curry,whatever takes your fancy:idea:

Guest Guest75
I must be the only man not to like beer...in the world. I just hope to god coca cola still tastes nice in Australia or i'm going to cry and wail.

Yup - still makes yer fat,hyper and rots ya teeth - but makes you think you are lovely:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest Bristol_Matt

out of interest, have any of you Aussie beer loving people been to the Belgian Beer pub (close to The Stag Hotel) and had a glass of Leffe? Now there is a beer you can taste!

Guest Nopom

I didn't know that Aussi beers were that bad, however let me tell you something... people from Uk at least can enjoy Stella and others beers brand but for me (i'm from Venezuela) there wont be choice for me...

i'm not in Australia yet and i'll drink as many good beers as a can.

Thanks to all for warning!

Guest Bristol_Matt
I didn't know that Aussi beers were that bad, however let me tell you something... people from Uk at least can enjoy Stella and others beers brand but for me (i'm from Venezuela) there wont be choice for me...

i'm not in Australia yet and i'll drink as many good beers as a can.

Thanks to all for warning!

No worries mate. Its a free public advice service here ;-)

Guest Guest75
I'll have whatever you are drinking!

:biglaugh::wacko:

It was only a few Tooheys New last - very tired after a trip out fishing with my mate's lads though - they never shut up!

Guest Martin and Val

OK, this was a really good excuse to go out to the pub. I can honestly say I like them all and don't care what they are called and what the strengths are. I must admit I tend to order West end if out but will try any of them. At home why not buy a slab of Hammer N Tongs at only $28 for 24 stubbies.

The wines are OK as well, I think it's nice to see different names over here rather than the usual same old stuff that's in each and every UK pub! And as for Leffe, well in my opinion thats the worst I have ever had but then we all have different tastes.

Anyway Matt, thank you for starting this post because as I say it gave me an excuse. I told Val I had to keep going out just so I could report back my findings to PIA.

Martin 23_1_49.gif 10_7_1.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYAU

Guest SA Great

Just to diversify slightly, what do all of you new poms think of the pre mixed drinks over here? ie Beam and Coke, Jack Daniels and Coke, Vodka Cruisers etc Is it a bigger range than UK? What do you think they taste like etc.

This post will probably take some stick but I have got broad shoulders and would very much like to read a counter-argument.

I am just back from doing a 2 week reccie in Adelaide. A lot of which I thoroughly enjoyed, so I dont believe I am not being a negative, whinging Pom when I make the statement Aussie beer is the worst in the world.

I have been lucky enough to have been to most countries in Europe as well as having travelled to the USA and the carribean.

All of these countries seem capable of producing beer that has a taste, why cant Australia?

For those of you who haven't tried Oz beer, imagine Soda Stream having produced a beer flavour, then imagine you only put in a quarter of the flavour in the bottle, then imagine freezing it so it was only just about liquid form.

Seriously, for the first few days I was there I thought I had a cold!

I got so desperate to taste something I thought I would pay a bit extra for a Stella. But would you believe it, even that had no taste. It turned out it is brewed under license in Australia.

Not being somebody who throws in the towel easily, i decided to try every single Aussie beer I could find. In the end I thought Cascade was the tastiest.

Now dont get me wrong, i am not saying the beer is nats wee as most are a healthy 5%. Its just IMHO they have no taste.

What do you think, is there a country any worse at making beer? Or have i got it all wrong?

Anyway, I will just sit back now and wait with anticipation for the hate mail.. .

Matt,

You need to think laterally mate,

Look into microbrewery stuff and you'll get a taste for oz beer.

A real good microbrewery ale to try (N.Z Ale to be sure but its great) is Black Mac, it looks like this

You can also get Guiness and The Murphys down under so all's not lost:D

Guest Bristol_Matt
Just a bit of info learnt at school in yr 8 geography(we did local first).....Coopers started brewing their ale in their bath tub.

Did they find soap helped or hindered the taste?

Also, what was the inspiration for all the bubbles?

Guest Bristol_Matt
Matt,

You need to think laterally mate,

Look into microbrewery stuff and you'll get a taste for oz beer.

A real good microbrewery ale to try (N.Z Ale to be sure but its great) is Black Mac, it looks like this

You can also get Guiness and The Murphys down under so all's not lost:D

I missed out on the microbrewary scene which is a shame as I have enjoyed the ones I have been to in Europe.

Guest Bristol_Matt
Your use to the posh stuff being from Keysham. We`re a bit more what they call ferrall here. A bit "Knowle West" and `art cliff.

lol @ posh!

Ow bist me babber? Where you to?

Adelaide is gert lush innit?

Surprised people ere aren't saying beer in Americal isn't worse than Oz.

I am gonna go to Asdal this weekend and buy some more Coopers.

Guest graandjac
My shoulders are way bigger than that!

Now I think of it, that Hahn Super Dry... Isn't that the multi award winning brew they cant make enough of because the world just drinks it so fast?

Seriously, I heard Scottish Courage are interested in using it to clean thier pipes out in between production of Fosters and Kronenbourg!

You cant beat a pint of cleaning fluid;):P

Guest Bristol_Matt
You cant beat a pint of cleaning fluid;):P

I tell you what I did like about Hahn.. The "in the interests of good taste" tv advert! The one where the guys phone plays a dubious song in front of his girlfriends family.

That made me laugh out loud for the first half dozen times i saw it. I just smiled at it from then on.

You couldn't get an ad like that in the uk.

Guest Django
I tell you what I did like about Hahn.. The "in the interests of good taste" tv advert! The one where the guys phone plays a dubious song in front of his girlfriends family.

That made me laugh out loud for the first half dozen times i saw it. I just smiled at it from then on.

You couldn't get an ad like that in the uk.

Fabby advert that. There are a lot of things they 'get away with' here that the PC brigade back in the UK would throw all their toys out of the pram at. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

Guest marty
OK I am going to say what I'm really thinking. Is it really that important that the beer isn't up to your expectations. If you are complaining about things just on a reccie then what are you going to be like when you emigrate? Sorry Matt! but that's the facts.

Well said, I won't say to whoever started this tread don't bother to come because Aus is Aus not the UK because eveyone gets up in arms and the tread gets nasty but be real, if you think it will be like the UK then pehaps you are better staying where you are, drink the warm beer and enjoy the lack of sunshine, the shingle beaches and of course the better lifestyle of the UK.