Goodbye

mydearboy

Hi all

It’s been 5 and a 1/2 years since we touched down here in Adelaide, we have had a fantastic time have experienced some great things and met some lovely people, and even managed a new edition to our family. Have had a great job and a lovely home. However we have decided to return to the UK, I have resigned from work sold our House and are moving back imminently. So for everybody who has helped us and given us advice over the years I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you all. I will check in time to time to see if I can be of any use to others.

Cheers :jiggy:

Hi all

It’s been 5 and a 1/2 years since we touched down here in Adelaide, we have had a fantastic time have experienced some great things and met some lovely people, and even managed a new edition to our family. Have had a great job and a lovely home. However we have decided to return to the UK, I have resigned from work sold our House and are moving back imminently. So for everybody who has helped us and given us advice over the years I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you all. I will check in time to time to see if I can be of any use to others.

Best wishes for your future guys. Where are you heading back to in the UK?

Keith.

Thanks Keith, Sunny Wiltshire :)

Well we have just come back from there, 5.5week holiday, weather not too bad but not too good either. our #1 son (whom stayed in UK) finally marrying his long time partner and mother of our two grandchildren. Calne was the main base, MIL lives in Trowbridge (we did too before OZ) other family in Chippenham. Will be another 18 months before we are back again.

Again good luck with everything.

Keith.

Hi all

If it's not too personal - I would be interested to know the main reasons for your decision.

Broadly speaking was it down to money, family, better opportunities, difficulty settling, family, home sickness or something else??

NWM

If it's not too personal - I would be interested to know the main reasons for your decision.

Broadly speaking was it down to money, family, better opportunities, difficulty settling, family, home sickness or something else??

NWM

I am wondering the same.

When I first went to Adelaide it took me more than a year to settle down, and after my compulsory 2 years (I was on the £10 scheme), I returned to the UK. A year later I was back in Adelaide and stayed (except for long holidays and periods of work in Europe) for a further 49 years.

I think it pays to move around the suburbs and become involved in activities. I've lived at Elizabeth Vale, Prospect, Anzac Highway, South Terrace in the city, Glenside and Toorak Gardens, all very different from each other.

Hi

None of those reasons really, we loved our life in the UK we love it here, we just love our lives in the UK more. We have been involved in lots of activities here have great friends and love the suburb, this did not influence us in any way. Thanks for all the best wishes :)

Hi

None of those reasons really, we loved our life in the UK we love it here, we just love our lives in the UK more. We have been involved in lots of activities here have great friends and love the suburb, this did not influence us in any way. Thanks for all the best wishes :)

i can appreciate that. It's good you are able to make the move and are leaving Adelaide on your terms and happy rather than it being off the back of unhappy times here. I wish you well back in the UK :)