Anybody seen 'The Wire'..?

V-Bird

Just finished True Detective and I thought it was damn good. Some critics have said it's the best TV series in the last 20 years..! Which got me thinking...

The Wire is easily the best thing to have been shown on TV in the history of TV (that's a fact by the way so don't argue) but I literally don't know anyone else who's seen it. People give me strange looks when I say things like:

Yeh, true dat,

All in the game yo

D'ya feel me

etc...

When it finished I was actually homesick for Baltimore, and I've never even been there..!

Has anyone other than me seen it..?

I've seen the first series. Liked it, but the missus wasn't keen and she controls the remote.

Sopranos imo is the greatest television ever made.

Now I'm with you on The Sopranos, second best in my book. The Wire though tips it, but it's a slow burner.

As for the person who said Quantum Leap, you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself, but I grant you it had one of the best theme tunes.

Still nobody seen it all then... Unbelievable..!

Now I'm with you on The Sopranos, second best in my book. The Wire though tips it, but it's a slow burner.

As for the person who said Quantum Leap, you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself, but I grant you it had one of the best theme tunes.

Still nobody seen it all then... Unbelievable..!

No shame from me at all. I only speak the truth. ;-)

Guest Guest75

Some great stuff coming out of the UK presently.

"Line of Duty" has been a great one.

DCI banks - filmed locally around Leeds and Yorkshire so we play "Spot our old home location"

Of all things "Come Dine With Me" exercises my titter muscles, I actually get excited when new series come up for download........

Richly produced historical dramas as well - "The Tudors" was stunning as was "The White Queen"

Nice to know there are others out there with impeccable taste..!

Would be good to know fellow 'Wire-heads' favorite scenes, for me it has to be when D'Angelo taught Bodie and Wallace about 'the game' using the Chess set, brilliant foreshadowing, closely followed by Jimmy's 'wake' and Snoop buying that nail gun.

We're into series 4 of Breaking Bad (or should that be Braking Bad..!), that really is living up to the hype.

Tyke, I'm with you on 'Come Dine With Me', a guilty pleasure if ever there was.

"The Shield" is pretty good as well.

We also loved 24, Prison Break, Breaking Bad and Luther.

We really enjoyed The Shield as well. We finished the final series of Breaking Bad this week and managed to watch it all without finding out the ending beforehand. My colleague (avid BB fan) and I now exchange a "Yo b*tches" greeting every now again in the morning!!!!

Edited by Jessica Berry

Nice to know there are others out there with impeccable taste..!

Would be good to know fellow 'Wire-heads' favorite scenes, for me it has to be when D'Angelo taught Bodie and Wallace about 'the game' using the Chess set, brilliant foreshadowing, closely followed by Jimmy's 'wake' and Snoop buying that nail gun.

We're into series 4 of Breaking Bad (or should that be Braking Bad..!), that really is living up to the hype.

Tyke, I'm with you on 'Come Dine With Me', a guilty pleasure if ever there was.

Yeah The Wire is amazing......my funniest scene was when Mcnulty (who actually a English chap from Yorkshire) was undercover with the two hookers pretending to be an English man with a dodgy posh accent...Oh and McNulty smashing his car up drunk whilst listning to the Pogues.....Too funny

Also checkout a series called 'Oz' its series set in a prison done by the same people that did the wire and has a lot of the same actors in very different roles. Its a bit full-on but worth a watch.