All you newbies

Guest laurenburton92

Guest Guest75
How can u even be a moderator when u are so biased?

Me + sue are not mates, we share the same opinion, which in your mind is 'forbidden'

God forbid TWO people think something bad about adelaide, maybe she didn't want to start trouble but also didn't want to see me get slaughtered by everyone on here!

Good for her that she stands her ground!

Never said you and Sue were mates....................??????????????

Sue knows who I mean :cute::cute:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Sue.....all I have to do is ask if any one is remotely interested........... to look at certain poster's posting history.

;);)

Night.night.

BTW, I'm expecting your predictable mate to come and make some predictable retort in this thread now.

All these "mystery" members who never come on now??

It's a two year cycle for a lot of folk.

I can honestly say that I've met a lot of folk who say they are sick of the bickering by certain members (not me :cute:) - and do not come on here any more.

Anyway I thought you were happy to speak your mind on PIO - what is your name on there??

It must be the same if you are truthful??

Simple answer to that .Your posting History hardly leaves you covered in Glory to anyone who can see between the lines.Regarding my presence on any other Forum,then kindly mind your own business! :)

Guest Guest75
Simple answer to that .Your posting History hardly leaves you covered in Glory to anyone who can see between the lines.Regarding my presence on any other Forum,then kindly mind your own business! :)

I'm quite happy to be honest and say that in every forum,Usenet group I post as Tyke ,,,,,,,because I have nothing to hide.:cute:

And you post as?????????????????????

My posting history speaks for itself :cute::cute:

I'm quite happy to be honest and say that in every forum,Usenet group I post as Tyke ,,,,,,,because I have nothing to hide.:cute:

And you post as?????????????????????

My posting history speaks for itself :cute::cute:

What part of Mind your own business don't you understand?:huh:

Guest nicandchris

wow im quite amazed by these threads......whilst i dont agree with all of the ranting back and forth i have to say that im not put off Adelaide, but could that be because ive just hit 40 (going on 19)......................i dont feel old!

Yawn yawn.... the personal informatiion you are bleating about Lauren was posted by your Mum on someone's PUBLIC FORUM - the clue is in the "public" bit.

As for you not liking Adelaide, that was perfectly clear - I really hope you like it better in Brisbane, although you might like to consider giving the locals a chance - nothing worse than bagging someone's home when you've got very little experience of it to put people's backs up. As for other posters that agree with you and not being able to express opinions - well, you expressed yours, someone disagreed with you and you reported their posts - freedom of speech works both ways. Everyone's experience is different and personally I was just pointing out on your other post my experience - as I said, Adelaide is not a holiday destination for young people but there are still plenty of young people working and studying here, just perhaps in your age group you have not met many because Year 12's are having a pretty busy time of it at the moment (and since July, when you and your family arrived).

This forum is about helping out others - as far as I can see, all you use it for is advertising your own services and attacking others. I'd like to point out to newbies that this is not the purpose of the forum, and those that wish to use it for their own personal ad board or to make vindictive and personal attacks on hard working and contributing members are pretty obvious.

If a newbie posts a question and some people turn their thread into a personal soapbox then that's pretty unfair and when the thread isn't going anywhere helpful but descending into farce, it will be closed down. Not deleted by the way, just closed.

So my message to newbies, feel free to ask for any help or advice you need, take all views into account but don't be put off your dream by bitter people who just want everyone else to feel as miserable as they do. Plenty of people on the site who will help out in any way they can with no hidden agendas.

Guest guest3462

Haha this thread has more than cheered me up! I was going to put my 2 cents worth in earlier but then I thought I was having a better time reading it than getting shouted down the playground!!!

If you don't like the forum then please for your own sanity stop logging in!!!

As for this forum not being helpful, (IMO!!!) I have to completely disagree. I have been made to feel better, welcome and cheered up on more than one critical occasion, by people that I have never, and some that I never will meet as well as rollocked for having my own very big mouthed opinion on a few things. Sometimes I really have to chew on my typing fingers to stop them from writing what my brain is thinking, but I have been burned once too many times and really can't be arsed with it!

Tyke, you have been an immigration rock to me, really helping me through a lot of hard times, even though we have never met I regard you as a friend and for that I thank you. I could name a boat load other forum members who are fab on here for both immigration information and support for people who need it, and a few who suck but thats not what its about. Let's try to keep in with the healthy spirit of friendly banter cos even though it does make hilarious reading, it is really upsetting to think someone is being hurt by an internet thread!

Have a sunny day people!

Easy solution, airport on Sir Donald Bradman road, flights leaving everyday. You don't like it here? Leave. No need to come on here and get personal and insult people. You don't like Adelaide, thats your choice and opinion, and you have every right to it, and every right to explain why, but those of us who DO like it also have the right to defend it. You state that people jump up and down when you disagree with them, but you have just done the same thing.

Anyway my 2 cents worth is that there is a larger older population, and Adelaide is not the clubbing mecca for youngsters (well certainly the suburbs where i have lived). This has been like this for many years, and if you were looking for that kind of life, why did you come here? Did you not do any research before moving to the other side of the world? Or did you just jump on a plane and get here with no knowledge what so ever about where you were going? If you did, then don't go having a go at Adelaide, and maybe have a look in the mirror and question who is really at fault here?

Guest laurenburton92

I created this thread to prove what u are all like, and there it is! Point proven yet again!

We moved here because we thought it would suit all of the family, turns out that it suits NONE of us!! Too dated for us, surprising there isn't cowboys + carts riding around, that's the only thing its missing!

Bye bye adelaide + all of u hilbillys, hello brisbane (the place to be!)

I created this thread to prove what u are all like, and there it is! Point proven yet again!

We moved here because we thought it would suit all of the family, turns out that it suits NONE of us!! Too dated for us, surprising there isn't cowboys + carts riding around, that's the only thing its missing!

Bye bye adelaide + all of u hilbillys, hello brisbane (the place to be!)

Hahahahahahahaha. Have you even been to Queensland, or just going because your old boss says it's good!!! Jeez your in for a shock!! But best of luck anyway. And point proven? What point? You come on her and make completely pointless remarks!! And moving to the other side of the world on a "thought" was pretty irresponsible don't you think? Another place to try and conquer without knowing anything about it!! I didn't even give you any stick, yet you still try to have a go. You say your not 12, well stop bloody acting like it. If you don't like the forum stop bloody using it.

Guest guest3462

Lauren, I am afraid to say that although i agreed with some of your posts in the last few threads, you have become insulting and rude. There is no need to keep on and on about it "just to make a pointless point".

I think if Adelaide isn't the right place for you and your family then good luck and move on. i hope you find happiness wherever you settle. I would suggest the gold coast if you like partying as Brisbane has more of a coffee culture than clubland. Surfers paradise might be just up your street! Hope you have good straightners though cos the humid conditions played havoc with my frizz!

However, I love Adelaide and having spent time in most of the bigger cities in my youth, I find it a refreshing change to be able to enjoy my family and watch them grow up in a safe and family friendly environment. Yes when I was in my 20's I loved Sydney and was always out clubbing; and Kings Cross is one of the most bizarre and amazing places I have ever been!!, but I couldn't live there now for a gold pig (and i'm not old - only 34!)

I am by no means a hillbilly and find it quite offensive that you tar me with that brush when you do not know who I am or what I am about.

Listen, good luck and I hope you find all that you are looking for in australia, but just be aware that apart from Surfers paradise or Airlie Beach, there ain't no Ibiza in Oz!!!

Guest katsmajic

mmmm do i post or dont i???

I love it here, because its laid back and easy going - but my teenagers have split - they like it here but were offered work in Melbourne and have been gone for 3mths now - they love the lifestyle there, the nightlife the buzz etc, theyre not impressed with the weather tho....theyve been asked to go up to sydney to work after xmas and they cant wait - great hey getting paid to see oz at 18/19yrs old...

My life is much much easier with them in melly as they were so easily led down the road to bad uns herever - Adelaide is no paradise and drugs/problems are totally rife here, as they are in every city in Oz....my teens told us they were offered drugs on their first day at school here - but also say st kilda is a hole and they are stunned at the drug pushing and paraphernalia on the streets there...theyre seeing the pitts of life there and theyve learnt heaps from it.

This forum does turn into a playground at times, people need to remember everyone is entitled to an opinion - be they newbies/oldies/mods etc and its not nice when it gets nasty/personal.

The only thing we all have in common is emigrating...doesnt mean we have to like each other or agree with each other - but a little respect for others opinions and feelings goes a long way....

manners cost nothing at the end of the day!

Guest The Dimmocks

To OP. It would be really interesting to hear how you get on in Brisbane, and that not meant in a funny way. If Adelaide is not for you or your family for whatever reason then why not try another state. You moved all the way to Oz so across the country should be a bit easier.

I for one am not a hillbilly. When you reach your 30's you may have the same views as others on here. I worked part time when I was at College just to fund my weekends and annual girly holidays. I had a great time in my teens and early 20's. But time now is with my own little family and your time will come. We love Adelaide and are very happy here but who knows what the future holds in years to come. Enjoy your teens and 20's as time goes by so quick you will soon be 32 and look back on it all with, hopefully, happy memories.

Michelle

Guest laurenburton92

So its okay to slag off every other state but as someone does it about adelaide u all try to kick off, well over a computer anyway!

I moved from u.k to get away from english people, and here you all are again doing what u do best, attempting to mouth off!