SA state sponsored timeline

Guest littlem

Congratulations, Well done.

Our agent emailed today to let us know that our case file has been transferred over to our SA form 1100, and also to expect a case officer in 2 to 3 weeks, hope he is right.

Looks like there might be one hell of a beach party in adelaide in several months time. I remember saying in one of my first posts that the beers would be on me but there seems to be so many emigrating to adelaide that that could end up being a very expensive statement

Alan

OMG hope youre right,looking at your time line its similar to mine.Just seems to be taking forever to get there.Cant wait for the beach party that sounds great.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cara&Gav

Thanks for the advice guys, I will speak to our agent tomorrow and ask her about front loading. I also think it might be a good idea to abstain til the meds are done, I'd hate to mess things up after coming this far!

What do you guys think if we were due around the time we needed to validate? Would they give you an extension? I know its unlikely but I think we should find out the ins and outs just so we can 'relax' like you say and not need to worry about things. I think I'm going to have to put all these questions to the agent!

And yeah! The beach party sounds brill, I'm there!

Cara xxx

Guest chickeni
Thanks hun,

I thought of that but then i worried that we could pay for them and then they might put off our application anyway. I think the girl that got put off before had already done her meds. Although she did say that she thought that it was just her case officer and that other people still went ahead with the application.

I'm just a bit confused about it!

Thanks

Cara

I have found some official guidance on this from the DIAC form 160EH which you can access once you have lodged the visa. It says:-

"The department does not recommend tat a pregant visa applicant undergoes a chest x-ray. This is because there is a risk that the x-ray could harm the unborn child. It is recommended that a pregnant visa applicant defers her chest x-ray and therefore the decision on her visa applocation, until after the child's birth. A pregnant visa applicant should firstly contact the department to discuss her options, inlcuding the possible deferral of her visa application.

If you are prepared to undergo a chest x-ray while pregnant - If a pregant visa applicant is prepared to undergo a chest z-ray, it is recommended that she consults with her doctor before arranging her appointment for a chest x-ray amd tjat special precautions are take (eg using a protective lead shield and waiting until at least the second trimester). A pregnant visa applicant must sign the declaration on page 4 befire undergoing a chest x-ray."

Thats' basically all the info re pregnancy and x-rays - hope that helps?

Sarah

x

Guest chickeni
I have found some official guidance on this from the DIAC form 160EH which you can access once you have lodged the visa. It says:-

"The department does not recommend tat a pregant visa applicant undergoes a chest x-ray. This is because there is a risk that the x-ray could harm the unborn child. It is recommended that a pregnant visa applicant defers her chest x-ray and therefore the decision on her visa applocation, until after the child's birth. A pregnant visa applicant should firstly contact the department to discuss her options, inlcuding the possible deferral of her visa application.

If you are prepared to undergo a chest x-ray while pregnant - If a pregant visa applicant is prepared to undergo a chest z-ray, it is recommended that she consults with her doctor before arranging her appointment for a chest x-ray amd tjat special precautions are take (eg using a protective lead shield and waiting until at least the second trimester). A pregnant visa applicant must sign the declaration on page 4 befire undergoing a chest x-ray."

Sarah

x

Sorry for the typos - I was copying it from a printed piece of paper and typed it quickly. Hope it makes sense? x

Guest chickeni
Sorry for the typos - I was copying it from a printed piece of paper and typed it quickly. Hope it makes sense? x

Reading that back there are some really funny typos! Wish I meant them - I have no idea what a z-ray is but I want one!!!! xx:biglaugh:

Guest Claire

I emailed my agent today, asking how the visa application was coming along (we sent the completed document 2 weeks ago) she advised that SA are running slightly behind their 8 week timescale..... am not too sure if I believe it, as most people have a decision on or before the 8 weeks.

Roll on next week, I just want to know..... x

Guest Cara&Gav

Sarah

x

Thanks so much for finding out that info Sarah, that's great. I didn't even notice the typo's as I was reading it through quickly! We are putting it off until we get the meds done, but I'm going to ask our agent tomorrow if it would be OK to front load them. I have read on PIO that they are encouraging front loading http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/106454-diac-suggesting-front-end-loading-some-gsm-applicants.html

Thanks so much for your help and advice.

Cara xxxx

Guest Cara&Gav
I emailed my agent today, asking how the visa application was coming along (we sent the completed document 2 weeks ago) she advised that SA are running slightly behind their 8 week timescale..... am not too sure if I believe it, as most people have a decision on or before the 8 weeks.

Roll on next week, I just want to know..... x

Hiya,

Ours took 8 weeks and 2 days if that helps, I'm sure it won't be much longer x

Soooo Happy.Just checked our status and we got our ss too.That was quick thought it might be another week after yesterdays update. Sent the form 1100,next step to book medicals feels like we are getting closer after soooo long.

Good luck to everyone waiting.Deb x

Hi Debs, Congratulations great news

Guest littlem

Morning everyone, we have some news ...... We have a case officer! Whoooo hoooooo! 3 weeks from ss approval. I can't believe it is happening so exciting. Our online application has changed and showing most as met now....I am so happy :-) Michelle x

Oh and goes without saying good luck to all those waiting x

Guest jools123

hey cara, i would defo frontload the meds the way things are at the mo, your agent might not agree a lot of them dont, i have heard of diac being quite good with situations like these, how exciting i love babies( ive had 4) i volunteer to babysit when were all out there.

jools x

Guest littlem
Soooo Happy.Just checked our status and we got our ss too.That was quick thought it might be another week after yesterdays update. Sent the form 1100,next step to book medicals feels like we are getting closer after soooo long.

Good luck to everyone waiting.Deb x

Congratulations fantastic news. Good luck with the next stage, only a couple of weeks and you should have a co....:biglaugh:

Guest jools123
Morning everyone, we have some news ...... We have a case officer! Whoooo hoooooo! 3 weeks from ss approval. I can't believe it is happening so exciting. Our online application has changed and showing most as met now....I am so happy :-) Michelle x

omg congratulations omg woohoo

thats fantastic and very quick i hope ours is like that as we frontloaded our meds in july last year the day it al went boobies up :arghh:

you better get on and get some shipping quotes lol youll be gone next week

Guest chickeni

That is such great news! So exciting. It's the very least they can do with all the time and work you do on here! It's very much appreciated!

Remind me - have you done your meds and pc?

Sarahx

Guest jools123
Hi Michelle, Amy is 2. I have done the 1100 form thing, when do you think you will get there? We need to sell our house, so will look at putting on market now just finnished extention lol. I have my own business so need to sort that as well, need good manager to run things as I wont sell it. I also have 2 boys 8 and 14 to ex wife. So will be hard leaving them, but will come back every year and they can come over once a year.

hi stephen i know how you feel , i have four children but only two are comming:sad:

my oldest two are 21 and 17 they live with my ex i think they were allergic to baby powder lol. anyway they are at uni and college and dont want their lives to change.

it was a very hard decision to go ahead but it is the right one, i hope one day they will come and stay but i have no right to expect them to leave there dad.

anyway we will be comming over with zack 5 and josh 4 my angels in devil costumes)

looking forward to the beers:D

jools x

Guest Mrs & Mrs T

Well what can i say, we have been refused as my work experience expired since receiving my paperwork, so i missed out by 23 days, maybe if my app had been processed a couple of weeks ago they might of said yes.

Completely gutted as this is the end of the road for us there is nothing more we can do to help our application.

Good luck to everyone xxxx :sad:

Guest alex27

Great news! congrats!!

Guest alex27
I wonder if I can pick your brains everyone.......

I heard of someone who got their medicals & whole visa put off because she was a couple of months pregnant, til after the baby was born. Has anyone else encountered this or know about this? Or has anyone gone through it pregnant?

Basically we are trying for a baby as we haven't had any luck in the past and as we are getting older we dont want to wait til we settle in Oz. However, I'm slightly anxious that if I get pregnant before the medicals that they might put our whole application on hold & also anxious about the timing as we will have to validate by a certain time & what if I'm due around then etc... I don't think it will happen quickly for us which is why we are trying but you never know.

Any thoughts or advice?

Cara xx

Hey Cara

I have thought about this too, and I've learned that if you have the baby after your visa is granted, then baby has to get a visa too which could take 9 months! I could be wrong, but I remember reading that. I think that means that if one wanted to get pregnant they should have the baby before the visa is granted or once they arrive in oz...does that make sense??

Guest jools123
Well what can i say, we have been refused as my work experience expired since receiving my paperwork, so i missed out by 23 days, maybe if my app had been processed a couple of weeks ago they might of said yes.

Completely gutted as this is the end of the road for us there is nothing more we can do to help our application.

omg so sorry for you,:arghh: how does your work exp expire? is ther an apeal system, do you have an agent, dont give up yet this process is always throwing a curvball here and there good luck

jools x

Guest johnny.w

So sorry to hear that, not much more i can say as anything i do wont make you feel any better.

Guest owenker4

Yay - The man from SA he say YES :) turn me Blue, turn me Blue :)

Now tyring to submit the visa application.... Just to clear an arguement between me and my hubby - all documents to be attached need certifying dont they??

Yay bring it on :)

Guest Cara&Gav

That's fantastic news michelle! Woo Hoo!! :jiggy:Soooo nearly there and you do sooo deserve it. We do really appreciate everything you have done on here, you have pulled us all together.

Cara xx

Guest Cara&Gav
hey cara, i would defo frontload the meds the way things are at the mo, your agent might not agree a lot of them dont, i have heard of diac being quite good with situations like these, how exciting i love babies( ive had 4) i volunteer to babysit when were all out there.

jools x

Hey Jools,

I might just leave it actually as our app is nearly ready to go in & people seem to be getting a case officer in a few weeks. We'd probably only need ot put things on hold for a couple of months. Also it will give us that extra month to get ready to go lol We'll see how it goes, if it seems to be going we'll re-consider front loading them. Hopefully we will be doing them in May anyway.

Thanks a lot for the advice and thanks for volunteering for the babysitting! lol :)

Cara xxx