SA state sponsored timeline

Guest littlem

Guest littlem
OMG got an email this morning asking for police checks and medicals as case officer being alloctated within 2 weeks!! OMG just booked a holiday.

Well done to all turning blue!!

Lisa

omg lisa cant believe it, great news, hopefully i will get the same message any day now. :-) so excited

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest teamV

Weve been away for a long weekend ,Wow there's loads on news on here.Great to see so many getting there SS ,must be a great feeling ,shame there's still more waiting ahead.

Also are paperwork arrived with the sa ss board on the 18th ,so thats the proper start of are 8 week wait :biglaugh:

we got are agent to send the paperwork with FedEx ,they have just sent me a bill for £65,which sounds a lot but if it saves us a week or 2 of waiting its a bargain.

Guest Mrs & Mrs T

Ah the suspence is killing me, this week is week 8 and i can see from the list that we are about the only ones waiting...

After a difficult few weeks this would really give me a boost but nothing is guatenteed.

Look at me bring the eternal optomist!!!!!!

Fingers crossed for everyone waiting. x

:cute:

Guest Cara&Gav

Hi everyone,

Well called the accountant this morning and he got the 2008 accounts we needed ready for me to pick up on my way home from work. Also, our family friend solicitor is certifying the documents in the morning for us so we can get them posted to the agent. What wonderful people we have to help us we are so lucky. It helps that I went to school with the accountants daughter and the solicitor is an old family friend for years we have all our wills with him & he does all our home moves. Everything else is ready so hopefully agent will lodge the visa early next week. Really can't wait!! Getting all excited again now!

Jools I'm so glad they are going to process your application quicker - that's great news.

Congrats JoRed on your state sponsorship! Woo Hoo!

Lisa I'm so glad to hear you can book your meds & police checks and you're getting a case officer soon. Woo Hoo!

This is all soo exciting, its really happening woo hoo :jiggy:

Cara xx

Guest Cara&Gav
Oh I am so so happy for you, my eyes are actually filling reading all these posts!!

Our paperwork was received a few days after you guys, so am hoping to hear somehting within the next week, this waiting is killing me, I actually wake up around 4am just to check!!

CONGRATS!!! xxxxx :biglaugh::notworthy:

OMG I was waking up in the night & checking my blackberry for emails, I got in such a habit that the phone now stays in the lounge on silent, but if I wake up in the night I still go and check it!

I'm sure you'll be really soon

xx

OMG got an email this morning asking for police checks and medicals as case officer being alloctated within 2 weeks!! OMG just booked a holiday.

Well done to all turning blue!!

Lisa

Hi, thats great news you will be there soon. I am so excited after getting SS just added to my application. Feel great that we already have all that done, wonder if they will make us resit meds as well over a year old as front loaded. Really pleased for everyone who got big YES today. Need to say to everyone waiting its just a matter of time, try not to worry. I filled form in myself and it went through fine. Just make sure they are your own words and all docs are sent.

Stephen? Thought your name was Bob? Never mind lol! Your a real oldie then so can understand the feeling finally getting somewhere. It took 2 days for our 1100 to be applied to our application so it won't be long and a co should be looking at your file :-))) we were nov 09 feels like forever. How old is your daughter? We have 2 girls 5 and 8.

Hi Michelle, Amy is 2. I have done the 1100 form thing, when do you think you will get there? We need to sell our house, so will look at putting on market now just finnished extention lol. I have my own business so need to sort that as well, need good manager to run things as I wont sell it. I also have 2 boys 8 and 14 to ex wife. So will be hard leaving them, but will come back every year and they can come over once a year.

Guest littlem

Hi Stephen, we are looking at flights for about 6 dec. It gives us time to sort out the move and hopefully will give us enough time after arriving to search areas and get a long term rental after Christmas so we can get the girls into school for the start of the year. John hopes to be working in the city so we are looking around hallet cove up to glenelg but that may all change. I think it will be a great life for the kids and us which is what it's all about.

Soooo Happy.Just checked our status and we got our ss too.That was quick thought it might be another week after yesterdays update. Sent the form 1100,next step to book medicals feels like we are getting closer after soooo long.

Good luck to everyone waiting.Deb x

Guest Cara&Gav
Soooo Happy.Just checked our status and we got our ss too.That was quick thought it might be another week after yesterdays update. Sent the form 1100,next step to book medicals feels like we are getting closer after soooo long.

CONGRATS!! Fantastic news!!

Yes all feeling more real now!

Cara xx

Guest chickeni

Fantastic news! Congratulations xxxx

Guest natmark

Hi everyone

Me and my husband Mark will be moving out with our daughter Ella (who is 2 and a half) and our new baby (who is due in 3 weeks). Not sure when we'll move. We've got a few things happening here so it may be a couple of years (as much as it pains me) but at least we'll have the visa! Also need to sell the house!

It's interesting to hear everyone elses plans!

Natalie

Guest chickeni
Hi everyone

Me and my husband Mark will be moving out with our daughter Ella (who is 2 and a half) and our new baby (who is due in 3 weeks). Not sure when we'll move. We've got a few things happening here so it may be a couple of years (as much as it pains me) but at least we'll have the visa! Also need to sell the house!

It's interesting to hear everyone elses plans!

Natalie

Hi,

Lots of exciting things for you then? Are you ready for your new arrival? You are going to have your hands full that's for sure.

Our daughter is due to start secondary school here in September so ideally we would like to be gone by then so that she doesn't have to go through it here and then all over again in Oz. That's our plan for now but who knows! Depends if they process our visa as speedily as some of the others I've seen!

xx

Guest Cara&Gav

I wonder if I can pick your brains everyone.......

I heard of someone who got their medicals & whole visa put off because she was a couple of months pregnant, til after the baby was born. Has anyone else encountered this or know about this? Or has anyone gone through it pregnant?

Basically we are trying for a baby as we haven't had any luck in the past and as we are getting older we dont want to wait til we settle in Oz. However, I'm slightly anxious that if I get pregnant before the medicals that they might put our whole application on hold & also anxious about the timing as we will have to validate by a certain time & what if I'm due around then etc... I don't think it will happen quickly for us which is why we are trying but you never know.

Any thoughts or advice?

Cara xx

Congratulations, Well done.

Our agent emailed today to let us know that our case file has been transferred over to our SA form 1100, and also to expect a case officer in 2 to 3 weeks, hope he is right.

Looks like there might be one hell of a beach party in adelaide in several months time. I remember saying in one of my first posts that the beers would be on me but there seems to be so many emigrating to adelaide that that could end up being a very expensive statement

Alan

Guest chickeni
I wonder if I can pick your brains everyone.......

I heard of someone who got their medicals & whole visa put off because she was a couple of months pregnant, til after the baby was born. Has anyone else encountered this or know about this? Or has anyone gone through it pregnant?

Basically we are trying for a baby as we haven't had any luck in the past and as we are getting older we dont want to wait til we settle in Oz. However, I'm slightly anxious that if I get pregnant before the medicals that they might put our whole application on hold & also anxious about the timing as we will have to validate by a certain time & what if I'm due around then etc... I don't think it will happen quickly for us which is why we are trying but you never know.

Any thoughts or advice?

Cara xx

Hi Cara,

I think the main problem is that you can't have x-rays whilst you're pregant so maybe getting your medicals done first might be the best option then if it happens - no problemo?!?! What does everybody else think?

Sarah

x

Guest Cara&Gav
Hi Cara,

I think the main problem is that you can't have x-rays whilst you're pregant so maybe getting your medicals done first might be the best option then if it happens - no problemo?!?! What does everybody else think?

Sarah

x

Hiya,

Thanks for your reply, I thought that chest x-rays were safe in pregnancy - but maybe not?? Maybe we should hold off for just a month or two then??

Cara xx

Our agent emailed today to let us know that our case file has been transferred over to our SA form 1100, and also to expect a case officer in 2 to 3 weeks, hope he is right.

Looks like there might be one hell of a beach party in adelaide in several months time. I remember saying in one of my first posts that the beers would be on me but there seems to be so many emigrating to adelaide that that could end up being a very expensive statement

Alan

Guest chickeni
Hiya,

Thanks for your reply, I thought that chest x-rays were safe in pregnancy - but maybe not?? Maybe we should hold off for just a month or two then??

Cara xx

I'm asking on PIO if others who are applying under a 176 are front loading their meds. If they are then book yours as soon as you can then you will be able to sit back and "relax" ;-)

xx

Guest chickeni

Alan

We're in!!! Especially as you haven't actually said you're retracting that statement! Tee hee. x

Guest Cara&Gav
I'm asking on PIO if others who are applying under a 176 are front loading their meds. If they are then book yours as soon as you can then you will be able to sit back and "relax" ;-)

xx

Thanks hun,

I thought of that but then i worried that we could pay for them and then they might put off our application anyway. I think the girl that got put off before had already done her meds. Although she did say that she thought that it was just her case officer and that other people still went ahead with the application.

I'm just a bit confused about it!

Thanks

Cara

Guest chickeni
Thanks hun,

I thought of that but then i worried that we could pay for them and then they might put off our application anyway. I think the girl that got put off before had already done her meds. Although she did say that she thought that it was just her case officer and that other people still went ahead with the application.

I'm just a bit confused about it!

Thanks

Cara

I know - so many different opinions! See what other responses you get and then go with the majority? Even when things seem simple they can often turn out more complicated so maybe it works in the reverse too?!?! xxx

Guest natmark
Hiya,

Cara xx

From what I understand, they can give you extra lead protection fir the chest X-ray so that you can have it done whilst pregnant but I think it comes down to personal choice. Maybe you could do your medicals sooner rather than later so u don't have to face that problem.

I've only got 3 weeks to go so I'm going to wait until afterwards.

And chickeni, I think I am prepared for the new arrival but am so glad that this bit is sorted before he or she arrives!

xx

Phoned hospital in Edinburgh to front load meds but they are so busy they cant fit us in before we go on holiday so we are now booked to do our meds mid May.

Alan