SA state sponsored timeline

Guest littlem

Guest littlem
thanks very much for that! didn't realise the meds were so expensive, and that link was really helpful - hard to know where to start sometimes! (even though I feel as though I have been researchign for years!)

I know what you mean, we were originally going to Perth so did all the research, visit etc for that so have had to have a complete change around. I am sure i will still get there and be in a total panic. :goofy:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all and welcome to all our newcomers, just checked my visa application and we to are being processed. Just want to get the meeds and police checks done now, then I can start to put things in motion. Still check this thread everyday to see how everyone is getting on and I have everything crossed for you all, will defiantly have to get together when we all arrive for a good ole oozy Barbie woohoo.

Guest littlem
Hello all and welcome to all our newcomers, just checked my visa application and we to are being processed. Just want to get the meeds and police checks done now, then I can start to put things in motion. Still check this thread everyday to see how everyone is getting on and I have everything crossed for you all, will defiantly have to get together when we all arrive for a good ole oozy Barbie woohoo.

Hi Sharon, did you call them? Have they confirmed you have a case officer?

Guest littlem
I have got my reference number from my case officer and checked on line . No case officer yet still waiting surprise surprise. X

Lol! How patient are we......it wont be long, so exciting

Guest Cara&Gav
Hi Cara,

Sorry for the late answer, had a few drinks last night!

We are filling in the visa ourselves, doing the on-line app this afternoon and then getting things we need signing done on Monday, so it should all be sent off this time next week! Then we will both be waiting agian!

Good luck with everything.

Louise.xXx

Thanks, we haven't celebrated yet but I think I'll have a few glasses of vino at the weekend!

I'm just getting the documents together & will be sending all the forms in to the agent at the weekend so ours should be going in next week too!

We didnt use an agent for the first two bits but wanted some advice on a couple of bits so have used them for ss & the main visa.

can't wait to get on the other thread.

Cara xx

Guest Cara&Gav
We have to keep fingers & toes crossed, as we have 2 major medical problems within our family. They are serious enough for us not to get a visa, but all we can do it hope.

Lisa

Got everything crossed for you and sending positive thoughts.

cara xx

Guest Cara&Gav
I hope everything works out for us all, would be great once are all in SA to have a barbie hehe, I am sooo excited and I havent even been granted SA yet!!

Oh well back to looking at SA houses on my lunch break, is anyone else as sad as me?? hahah

Claire x:jiggy:

I can't wait to all meet up and have a Barbie when we get there! Will be fab!

We haven't really been looking at that stuff yet only briefly but will definitely be doing more of that now! Feeling real now!

Cara xx :jiggy:

Guest chickeni

First post of the day and nothing has changed for us. :-(. Another week bites the dust. Does anyone know if we'll definately move to "no decision yet" first or is it possible to go straight to yes?

Guest chickeni
Hi chickeni

:-(( I'm sure it will happen soon, some have gone straight to approved. When are your 8 weeks up?

It is 7 weeks today since our documents logged as received and 9 weeks since online application. Feels like forever and as time goes on each time I log on to check it seems like the screen will never change!

Guest jools123
Lol! How patient are we......it wont be long, so exciting

ladies patients is a virtue:nah:

one virtue i seem to be missing:arghh:

my 8 weeks is up on the 7th april

not that im counting:goofy:

goodluck everyone whos before hope they put you out your misery soon

jools x

Guest natmark
It is 7 weeks today since our documents logged as received and 9 weeks since online application. Feels like forever and as time goes on each time I log on to check it seems like the screen will never change!

Don't worry chickeni, we are in exactly the same position - online lodged 11.1.11 and docs received 28.1.11.

Hopefully next week will bring good news for us all :-)

Guest Cara&Gav

Morning,

Ours took 8 weeks and two days after our docs arrived. If you look down the list the most popular date for docs arriving is around the 28th so dont be disheartened if it is slightly longer. Personally I think they are doing it in batches as people seem to get approved at the same time if their docs arrived that week. It won't be long before it says no decision and then you know its about a week after that. Mine took about 2 weeks in total after Michelle and Sharon so I rekon you'll go decision ready next week and then approved the week after.

Thats just my opinion and I really hope that hasnt made things worse for you! I was trying to make you feel better about it. It is definitely very soon and you are definitely in the next lot!!

I wish I could speed up time for you!

Cara xxx

Guest chickeni
Don't worry chickeni, we are in exactly the same position - online lodged 11.1.11 and docs received 28.1.11.

Hopefully next week will bring good news for us all :-)

It really helps to know we're not the only ones going through it. Are you ready to submit the visa application as soon as you get ss? I can't believe we're this close - it scares me incase they say no!!! Have we heard anyone being turned down? Shouldn't think like that but you can't help it sometimes can you? :-(

Guest Cara&Gav
It really helps to know we're not the only ones going through it. Are you ready to submit the visa application as soon as you get ss? I can't believe we're this close - it scares me incase they say no!!! Have we heard anyone being turned down? Shouldn't think like that but you can't help it sometimes can you? :-(

I haven't heard of anyone being turned down, so I'm sure that won't happen. I would imagine they just want to get through the applications. I have only heard of one person being turned down before the SMP's but that was because they copied and pasted websites and nothing was in their own words (and SA stated that as the reason)! Everyone else has been approved on here - you WILL be fine, just hang on in there.

Cara xx hugs xx

Guest natmark

Our agent has completed the draft application for our approval - just waiting for the SA details to put on it, so we should be all ready to go once (and if) we get the ok from SA.

How about you?

Guest Guest6899

Hi my visa applications states being processed too, Agent stated that they are being processed quickly but still to allow 12 months.

Lisa

Guest chickeni
Our agent has completed the draft application for our approval - just waiting for the SA details to put on it, so we should be all ready to go once (and if) we get the ok from SA.

How about you?

Pretty much the same. I've completed "90%" of the online application but haven't attached any docs yet. I was too scared to go past 90% in case it submitted before I had the magic reference from SA!! All being well when do you plan to go to Oz?

Hi Littlem

Thank you for doing the timeline. Glad to see some of us are being approved. have attached our timeline so far, as a signature.

Alan

Meldrew9799

Occ Hairdressing

175 lodged 22-06-09

WA SS applied for 16-08-09

Non CSL SS now priority 4 24-09-09

WA SS granted 02-10-09

SA SS applied for 06-01-11

Docs received 18-01-11

Application being assesed

Status changed to awaiting decision 18-03-11

SA SS granted - hopefully very soon

VISA granted ? how long is a bit of string

Guest natmark
Pretty much the same. I've completed "90%" of the online application but haven't attached any docs yet. I was too scared to go past 90% in case it submitted before I had the magic reference from SA!! All being well when do you plan to go to Oz?

We're not planning to go, for a number of reasons, for a couple of years yet but this has been in planning for about 5 years now. Plus, we're also expecting our second baby in just under 4 weeks so it's all go here at the moment!