IELTS advice

Guest helene73

Guest ozfish

yep~ i'm a midwife so need the academic cos i will need my professional qualification. But cos i'm 39 i need the points for a visa~ hopefully i'll pass n i cn apply for a 176ss!!:jiggy:

Your doing the academic one then, I am doing the general one :)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ozfish

not far from leeds. looking at your profile you've done the process the other way round to me~ getting the visa first then doing the ielts....when i spoke to the migration agents they suggested that i do the ielts first cos we didn't know what would happen on 1st july...i have a diploma rather than a degree so i need all the points i can get...as well as my age not being on my side! so looking at the new diac stuff i need at least a 7 to get the points...an 8 would be brill cos there would be no bother then! i think that might be asking too much tho!!!

Have you got a job n house etc lined up for when you go?

we're hoping that if/when we get a visa to take a trip out to do a reccy n acctivate the visa, as i think it will take a while to sell our house! then time isn't too much of an issue!:v_SPIN:

Guest helene73

I am in scarborough not too far away from you :)

I haven't got a visa yet (I wish lol)

I had to do TRA for hairdressing got that ok, then put in for SS beat the may cut off then I was 3 weeks in waiting for it and they filled the quota for us :( which was a little bit pants, I now have to go in under the July changes and I now don't have the points hence the IELTS I am just short by 5 measly points!!! I also need a 7 across the board to get me in :)

When I started this back in march I had the points and didn't need IELTS , I kick myself that I didn't start the process sooner but hindsights a wonderful thing that exists to torture us!! Oh well what will be will be eh, now have to wait for the new SMP to be published and then hopefully off we go again unless fate has another nasty trick up it sleeve for me.

Good luck with everything :)

Guest shellymc

Hiya HeleneHope u r well, I need a bloody 8 to get enough points for my visa but it's doing my head in and the minute. Some days I'm getting the questions all correct then other days I'm just useless lol. Not really worried about the writing or speaking section, just the reading is driving me crazy. Getting confused with the section were it says " information not give and the false section". I'm going to have a drink problem after this because I'm getting so stressed out!! Did you hear from Go Matilda today, I got an email regarding the temporary list and hairdressing is on it but we can't apply, what a nightmare so this means more waiting. Take care Shelly

I am in scarborough not too far away from you :)I haven't got a visa yet (I wish lol)I had to do TRA for hairdressing got that ok, then put in for SS beat the may cut off then I was 3 weeks in waiting for it and they filled the quota for us :( which was a little bit pants, I now have to go in under the July changes and I now don't have the points hence the IELTS I am just short by 5 measly points!!! I also need a 7 across the board to get me in :) When I started this back in march I had the points and didn't need IELTS , I kick myself that I didn't start the process sooner but hindsights a wonderful thing that exists to torture us!! Oh well what will be will be eh, now have to wait for the new SMP to be published and then hopefully off we go again unless fate has another nasty trick up it sleeve for me.Good luck with everything :)

Guest helene73
Hiya HeleneHope u r well, I need a bloody 8 to get enough points for my visa but it's doing my head in and the minute. Some days I'm getting the questions all correct then other days I'm just useless lol. Not really worried about the writing or speaking section, just the reading is driving me crazy. Getting confused with the section were it says " information not give and the false section". I'm going to have a drink problem after this because I'm getting so stressed out!! Did you hear from Go Matilda today, I got an email regarding the temporary list and hairdressing is on it but we can't apply, what a nightmare so this means more waiting. Take care Shelly

Hi shelly, yeah I got a email from them, but it's not a bad thing at least we get chance to get this IELTS thing done and then hopefully we will have everything in place and ready :)

A 8 Jesus getting a 7 on my part will be hard enough thank god I dont need a 8 I would never do that!! I will have everything crossed for you.

Apparently hairdressers will be going back on WA's SMP in a few weeks too!! So if it goes t**s up with SA we will have a back up plan, anyways best of luck and let me know how you get on xoxo

Guest ozfish

IELTS done!!!! phew!!!no worse than what i've practiced.....just waiting for the results now!!!! all i need is a 7 but would prefer an 8....roll on 2 weeks!1:jiggy:

Guest guest8040

Eeeeeeekkkkkk! An overall 9, completely and utterly chuffed. Would like my skills assessment submitted at beginning of April back sometime soon please :)

Guest helene73
Eeeeeeekkkkkk! An overall 9, completely and utterly chuffed. Would like my skills assessment submitted at beginning of April back sometime soon please :)

Woooo hooooo that's amazing, well done you :)

Guest guest8040

Thanks Helene! Scored 9 for everything apart from reading which I thought was going to be the trickiest after doing test papers, so going on my own experience the more practice you put into reading, the better x good luck for Saturday will be thinking about you

Guest ozfish
Thanks Helene! Scored 9 for everything apart from reading which I thought was going to be the trickiest after doing test papers, so going on my own experience the more practice you put into reading, the better x good luck for Saturday will be thinking about you

WOW!!! 9 in all...thats brill!!!! congratulations!!! did you do the general or academic???? well one week down one to go...i get my results on sat!!!! aghhhh

Guest ozfish
OMG it's IELTS day on Saturday arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh :(

Good luck!!!!!!! I'm sure you'll be fine!!....have you been practicing??????:v_SPIN:

Guest helene73

Well tomorrow's the big day!! I am very calm and confident :) going home early today to get some last minute practice in, I just keep telling myself I can do this and I can pass it :)

• 2 weeks later...
Great thread, great advice on this subject, Marie my wife is about to do the ILETS, it reminds me of when I had to do the vetases... ooooooh good luck everyone,

see ya all in paradise.!!!!

Vets day seemed easy compared to this ilets lark. So glad I did not have to do that.

Guest helene73
Hello Helen, just read through this entire thread and got some good advice.

So how did you get on then? I hope you passed!

Hi Mark

Sorry just catching up just got back from Egypt on my jollies lol

Well it's D day today wont know till I get home but I will let you know, think I will be rebooking Monday though :(