England v scotland

steveliane

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

Being a Scotland supporter's gotta be the hardest job in sport! They take you to that point where just for a wee bit you think they might actually be able to do it, then you get that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach and have to hide behind a cushion cos you just know what's actually going to happen!! :arghh:

Still, we gave it everything we had today, we can be proud of that, and in true Scottish fashion I firmly believe that next time we'll reign supreme!! :wink::biggrin:

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
If I was a scotland supporter I'd be very disappointed that my team can pull off a performance like that against england but not for other teams.

Well you're not so :tongue:

If I was a scotland supporter I'd be very disappointed that my team can pull off a performance like that against england but not for other teams.

If i was an england supporter i would be very concerned at that performance, too many penalties, Jonny kicking was not upto much either reckon the french would have been loving what they saw....

But i am not so it dnt bother me too much really...

HG

If i was an england supporter i would be very concerned at that performance, too many penalties, Jonny kicking was not upto much either reckon the french would have been loving what they saw....

HG

I missed the Grand Final and the England, Scotland game as we were at a wedding. I have just watched the France, Tonga game and I cannot believe that England could have been worse than the French. They were truly shocking and should have been spanked. Great to see Tonga win :)

Cooler

HG

Your team are just below Tunisa in the world rankings. The mighty Hong Kong are even above them...

This is for your good wife, if he gives you any stick, just mention that Kazakhstan are well above his team!

Cooler

HG

The first half was poor and it doesn't help when the ref misses scotlands knock ons but catches everyone of england.

Cole penalised for not getting up quick enough even though he's got a jock on his back.

Wonder if Diane will find the 'sweaty' comment 'borderline offensive'?

Oh well, at least WE have a sense of humour. Alba gu Braith!

Just like to point out that I've found nothing in this thread over-the-top offensive (although you did skirt the edges Squareman, as I told you!) and was not responsible for any deletions. I've been away in the Flinders since Thursday so not even seen the England Scotland game yet (got it recorded gonna watch it latter tonight) Sounds like I should be offering my sympathies to my Scottish friends, although am very glad that Ireland, Wales and England have all made it through to the quarter finals.

Go England!

D

xx

Awww, just finished watching it..... I reckon if the Scots had been nicer to some of our players in the first half, England would have settled for the score at 6-12 so the Scots got the 4 points and England got the bonus point....but obviously not a lot of love lost. Thought Mad Dog Moody was extremely gracious in his victory chat afterwards though :wink:

Just a poor first half.. did you watch the same game?

HG

i watched the england v scotland game yes, what's your point?

england let scotland have the run of play in the first half but then took more control of the game through the second half, the stats in after the first half and at the end of the game also reflected this.

what is it with these anti english comments on a pom forum?

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/matches/match=11222/index.html

Guest Squareman

England 'let' scotland have the run of play? A bit arrogant that, don't you think?

And in the same post, you question the cause of the anti-english sentiment?

The mind boggles.........:eek: