flossybeth

Craft items

As a registered childminder here in the UK I have gathered quite a stash of crafty items - paper/glitter/glue/paints etc.... and now it's coming to sorting in time for the removers in 3 weeks I was wondering if it's worth bring this stash or is it cheap enough to replace once we're out there - and where would the best kind of place be to pick up this kind of stuff since it appears Woolworths sells food not bits and pieces!

There are shops such as Target, Big W and KMart which sell craft stuff, as well as Spotlight which has a huge range, and then the "cheap" shops (Cheap as Chips, Cunninghams Warehouse, Browse in and Save, Reject Shop etc etc) are good as well. Scrapbooking is really popular here so there are lots of places selling anything that can be conceivably used for "glueing and sticking"

There is a great craft shop in Marion next to K Mart that seems to sell pretty much everything, except of course the one thing I went in for......Anyone know where I can get the old fashioned 'Tomboy stitch' kit ???

Ta Karen

If its just childrens 'cheaper' stuff there's plentyafordable stuff here but if you are a 'serious' crafter/scrapbooker things like rubber stamps, embellishments and quality 12" cardstock is more expensive.

I brought an extra 12 boxes of my craft stuff from the UK but I use it for 'teaching classes' here. I used to write for UK craft mags and tutor in 3 different craft shops as well as demonstrate at exhibitions.

Thank you - sounds like I can donate it to the school and replace easily enough; since I'm nowhere near the 12 extra boxes enthusiasm category, just a lot of glitter!

I like fabric too having recently discovered quilting! All that Glitter reminds me of a fabulous joke but I'd better put it in the non-PC part with a warning!

Check out Onkaparinga Council's website

One stop shop for holiday craft.

The Waste Nott Recycling Store is a community initiative sells a range of low-cost craft materials, encouraging the reuse of materials that would otherwise go to landfill. These fun and funky assorted materials will inspire creativity and are well worth giving a second life

Guest Django

If there is room bring it over. It won't cost any more to put it in the container. Same with anything. :smile:

All the Spotlight and Lincraft stores both have really big craft sections

JB

This is an old thread from 2012 and flossybeth has been here a few years now.

Will close this to avoid confusion.