Guest Claire-n-tel

Ideas for somewhere nice for dinner?

Guest Claire-n-tel

Hi Guys!

Here to pick some brains again!

We want to take Mum for tea somewhere nice before she goes back to uk next week :o(

I was looking at the Alphütte, the menu looks good but then someone told me they had a really average meal there and for the price i'd want more than average! anyone tried it?

Or any other ideas, it cant be super expensive and it doesnt even have to be a 'posh' restaurant if it was a really nice pub menu we'd be happy (not just salt pepper squid or snits!) just want somewhere nice with great food.

So over to you!........

Guest Guest75

Esca, Glenelg . Not cheap but a lovely place.

Eden or Esca on Glenelg marina, Chianti on Hutt Street, Victory Hotel near Sellicks Beach for top end pub food, Faraja on King William Street, Goodwood for yummy tapas/communal food, Red Ochre on the Torrens (very Aussie menu, lovely food) - all worth a look in my opinion.

For visitors my pick would be Red Ochre for Aussie options on the menu (lots of 'bush essences' like lemon myrtle marinades, options for crocodile, kangaroo etc but also lots of more 'normal' food) or somewhere with a view, so maybe Windy Point, or Star of Greece if you can get there early enough for a drink during sunset. Hope you have a lovely night wherever you pick :)

Guest axle1001

D'Artagnan in North Adelaide is nice. Not too pricey. Would also echo the suggestion of Chianti Classico on Hutt St. Not cheap but one of the best Italian places in Adelaide. A little cheaper but also awesome is Vino on Unley Road. Vic, the owner will definitely take care of you there!!

Guest Cadas

Two recent very good meals were the Lion in Melbourne st, N Adelaide.

And a really good evening at Melt (gastro wine bar) in Waymouth st, CBD.

Both excellent and surprisingly cheap.

Guest Chris_J

Buongiorno at O'Halloran Hill or the Vietnamese there. If you want simple, there is the Brompton near to Entertainment Centre, it is quite nice inside and they do a nice fillet steak. Drinks weren't a bad price either.

Guest PaulandVicky

Star of Greece!! If she likes greek and posh nosh. Bit of a drive but worth the visit.

Kyle Minouge has eaten there.... And yes I had to ask the staff for hubby, and it's true!!!

Guest jorose

Been to Nikitas on Unley Road today. That was nice