KennyKen

World Cup 2014

Seriously need some drinking sessions when England are on and even the socceroo's! Anyone know any bars or pommie gatherings for this?

Seriously need some drinking sessions when England are on and even the socceroo's! Anyone know any bars or pommie gatherings for this?

More likely breakfast butties than drinking sessions.

I haven't heard of where the games will be on, but it's all on FTA so the options will be greater.

Keep forgetting the time zone issues! Yeah we'll butties then. I haven't seen no where advertising it! Will be first World Cup probably that I won't be able to watch. Not getting foxtel for the occasion!

Not sure where to go but if you find somewhere to watch the games give me a shout and I,ll go with you

Hey guys, I'd be up watching some games with you, let me know if you find anything, I'll bring some people maybe we can get a bit of a group going.

Arkaba Glen Osmond Road, Fullarton - over 100 England fans expected to be there for the 0730 kickoff on Sunday morning. I'm not sure yet whether to wear my onesie or not, but I'll be there anyway! I'll PM you a link

I was listening to 5AA when they mentioned the big screen in the city, but when having a quick look for a link to that, found this:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/adelaide-runneth-over-with-places-to-watch-the-world-cup/story-fni6uo1m-1226951139844

I like the idea of getting rugged up, and sharing the excitement, but since I really don't like soccer, won't bother.

Still, hope you all have a great time!

:smile: LC

Arkaba numbers are now at over 250... gonna be busy! The Highway is also showing it but apparently doesn,t start serving beer until 8.30am. There's also the Rosemont in the city but if you like your head to stay on your shoulders I suggest giving it a wide berth!

It's not an England game without tension or some loud mouth talking trash. Hopefully it be a good atmosphere. I'm trying to go akabar. Otherwise it's marion watching it in cinema :-/

God I'm getting too giddy! Got to get up at 5am on a sunday to drive people to the Arkaba to ensure team England support! Really miss my back-home mates at this special time but im sure my Adeladian pals will make it special!

Chilli played exhibition football, nice to see the roo's get a constellation goal though......Common England.

Nothing common about England, and it's in the stars the we will win it.

And what do you mean they played exhibition football? They were on the back foot most the second half.

Sorry I missed you KennyKen, great turnout from the England fans, pity about the result! We were on the mezzanine floor, couple of gobby italians up there, most of whom I work with! Was hoping to have bragging rights tomorrow, oh well, nevermind!

Sorry I missed you KennyKen, great turnout from the England fans, pity about the result! We were on the mezzanine floor, couple of gobby italians up there, most of whom I work with! Was hoping to have bragging rights tomorrow, oh well, nevermind!

Likewise KennyKen - I didn't see your post till after we got home or I'd have looked for you to say hi! Was a great atmosphere in there I thought - although the food was pretty yukky! Why can't these places just stick to something simple and basic like a bacon roll without adding cheese, mustard, egg, and aioli!! Doubt if we'll make it for the 4:30 am game on Friday though - think I'll watch that one from my sofa!

The food! Ugh!! I was fool enough to buy the sausage, minty mushy pea and relish butty!! Without doubt the worst thing I have ever eaten IN MY LIFE,! Sharon played it safe with the hash brown butty but even that was ropey!