Smithers

One way ticket

Right so we are finally booking flights to adelaide,been years in the mind but finally there!

did anyone get a good deal on a one way fare Heathrow to adelaide?

Best I have found so far is not much cheaper than return ticket!

can't get my head round that one.

cheers

steve& lesley

Guest Claire-n-tel

Hi Smithers!

Yep.....unfortunately that is the norm with one way tickets......:shocked:

You can sometimes be cheaper using the regional airlines for one way fairs i.e. getting to Singapore or Malaysia then jet star, air asia, virgin the rest of the way - it's a bit of a hassle changing airlines and you will have to pay for your bags etc but if money is the bottom line then it could be an option?

NWM

Pretty sure when we came out on Singapore Airlines there was a migrant option - one way ticket plus extra baggage allowance. Might be worth looking into.

Meanwhile.....

Check eirher IOM which offer migrant deals with excess baggage or Singapore airlines. You get 10kg extra these days with Singapore for a permanent unvalidated visa. IOM only has a few routes and airlines and a limited number of seats on their migrant deals.

Fwiw, one way tends to be almost as expensive as a return. Just one of those things. We flew one way with Singapore airlines. All good.

Guest hemzet

Alternatively book a return trip with the flight back set to far in future. Later rebook it if necessary and use it for holidays...

I had to go home 8mths after arriving to attend a funeral it would have saved me a bit if I'd had a return ticket however you can never really plan for the unexpected & when the time came I would have paid all the money in the world to get back

Guest Claire-n-tel
    Alternatively book a return trip with the flight back set to far in future. Later rebook it if necessary and use it for holidays...

You have to be sure that you return for a holiday within a year to do that....even extending out a ticket you will not be able to go past a year.

Also unless you are able to keep returning to the UK within every year at some point you will have to do the one way ticket thing.

Many people move out with the intention to holiday in the UK every year, I have yet to meet anyone that actually does, schools, jobs, money, wanting to holiday elsewhere etc etc. Someone is bound to jump up and down now insisting they know someone who does just that but it would be very unusual.

Yeah thought of that but Singapore charge something like another£250 on top of standard return

so we just bought the one way now.