Mr Technical

Pommie sandwich shop

Many thanks for informing us of this, I was just saying to my better half the other day that there are no decent pre packed sarnies here! I work in the city so will definitely try it out and let you all know... ( oh how I miss M & S food hall !!)

Yes I went on Friday (as I also miss M and S!). I had a delicious chicken schnitzel sandwich (much fresher and lighter than you'd imagine!) and fresh orange juice for $11. All sandwiches looked lovely, service was great and quite a few seats. Will be back (may have to try the ham one with crisps!)

Yes I went on Friday (as I also miss M and S!). I had a delicious chicken schnitzel sandwich (much fresher and lighter than you'd imagine!) and fresh orange juice for $11. All sandwiches looked lovely, service was great and quite a few seats. Will be back (may have to try the ham one with crisps!)

Thanks, I will give them a try next time I am in that part of the city.

Mr T..seriously what is a "Pommy Sandwich"

what is the difference ?

JB

I think he was meaning the per packed aspect which you don't really get here. You can buy sandwiches for sure, but usually the bakery will take them from the display and wrap them for you (or toast them, they like to toast things here I've noticed). Least that is what I got from it and the article.

Prawn Mayo? No Coles I've ever been to!

I didn't see any prawn mayo but about 6 months ago there were some pre-made sandwiches in the cardboard triangles in the reduced section of our Coles; I'd not seen them in there before and was so excited I bought 3 and I'm not really sure why, it wasn't lunch time or anything. The children ended up with them in their packed lunch the next day and I haven't seen any others since.

Pre-packed sandwiches..... mmmm... no thanks! Used to work in the place that made Boots/British Airways pre-packed sandwiches.... can gladly say i would never eat one ever... I've seen what goes on there!

Give me deli sandwich freshly made in front of me any day!

Dan