887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hello 12012017,I have applied on July 1st. 16, first co oct 16, was asking about form 1023, second co in feb 17, asking about my little one photo mis match declaration form and 3rd co in march 17, was same like 2nd co. Finally got the pre grant, wondering how long I have to wait? As my family coming in 3 days. Again I have informe to Immi?

Hi all
Our visa was granted today.
Applied on 24th January 2017,granted on 25th May 2017
The officer did not ask any farther Document but we applied twice and the first one was rejected but today we got the golden email.
I hope you all get the grant soon.
Best wishes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, breeze said:

Hi all
The officer did not ask any farther Document but we applied twice and the first one was rejected but today we got the golden email.
Best wishes

Can I know what is the reason for the rejection when you apply at the first time before ?

3 hours ago, breeze said:

Hi all
Best wishes

Congrats breeze,it has been a long journey for you,cheers

• Like 1

6 hours ago, june30 said:

Hello 12012017,I have applied on July 1st. 16, first co oct 16, was asking about form 1023, second co in feb 17, asking about my little one photo mis match declaration form and 3rd co in march 17, was same like 2nd co. Finally got the pre grant, wondering how long I have to wait? As my family coming in 3 days. Again I have informe to Immi?

The processing has gone very slow but I think in your case may be a month depending on CO.

And also from July the processing will be slower due to 400 immigration staff getting redundancy packages.

yes, you have to notify.

Edited by 12012017

7 hours ago, 12012017 said:

The processing has gone very slow but I think in your case may be a month depending on CO.

And also from July the processing will be slower due to 400 immigration staff getting redundancy packages.

yes, you have to notify.

Redundant immi staff from Jul 2016 or 2017?

Hi...we are 2 years today in Australia and we are eligible to apply for 887 visa now...can anyone give me an advice please...we're not planning to get a service of Agent due to lack of funds. Do we have to have our medical first before we go lodge our application?

Please help...thank you so much

Joelito

2 hours ago, Joelito said:

Hi...we are 2 years today in Australia and we are eligible to apply for 887 visa now...can anyone give me an advice please...we're not planning to get a service of Agent due to lack of funds. Do we have to have our medical first before we go lodge our application?

Please help...thank you so much

Joelito

Hi Joelito,

For medicals, you go through this process only when case officer will request you to and for you to commence this step case officer will have to issue you with Hap ID's- which will have detailed information like blood, chest x-ray or other things which you go through at Visa medical.

13 minutes ago, 12012017 said:

Hi Joelito,

For medicals, you go through this process only when case officer will request you to and for you to commence this step case officer will have to issue you with Hap ID's- which will have detailed information like blood, chest x-ray or other things which you go through at Visa medical.

And also if you did your medicals 2 years ago when your existing visa was granted. There are chances that department probably won't ask you. However, I suggest you just wait for the Case officer.

Hi Guys:biggrin:

Just wanted to share with you my timeline:

*Applied on the 10th of October.

*First CO contacted me (Via Immiaccount) on the 14th Dec. Requesting extra Evidence of employment and Evidence of Functional English for my wife and a custody form order from my ex-wife because the one I had provided was expired - Form 1229  , all paperwork was submitted on the 20th  of  Dec. and the IELTS results as soon as we received it in January.

*Second CO contacted me (Via E-mail) on the 3rd April requesting further evidence of employment  and IELTS Results, then I received another email asking to disregard the request for the IELTS as they had already received it. All further evidence was uploaded 3 days after.

*Third CO  contacted me (Via Immiaccount) yesterday 26th of May requesting a correct contact number from my ex-wife, the Number was right, only that the country code was missing, I sent an email straightaway explaining that . 

it's taking ages, butit seems to me that the Golden mail is getting closer, well, fingers crossed!!

On 5/22/2017 at 7:24 PM, Micha said:

Hi everybody,

I'm the main applicant that sep26 mentioned about. Yes, we got our grant letters today.

First CO asked the documents for non-migrating family member who is my daughter from my previous relationship and further evidence for work requirement. And I provided reference letter as further evidence for work requirement. Documents that I was asked for non-migrating family member, I was not able to obtain any of them, because the kid lives in another country with her mom, and I had no contact with them for years. I called the department and they told me that I had to write and explanation letter about it that is exactly what I did. And then started waiting for another CO.

Second CO asked me about exactly the same documents for non-migrating family member. Even though I did what I was advised by them, they asked me evidence of attempts to obtain those things. I provided email correspondences and additionally statutory declaration form that was telling them I have genuinely attempt. And we waited again and finally they satisfied about that and we got the golden email today.

Amazing, Congrats!!!

Hi guess 

Yesterday I went to the Immi website that this is what is found, I attached the link if you can Check out the living requirement for dependent and minor it says 

"Provide proof that your partner and your children lived in a specified or designated area for a period of 2 years "

I was wondering  Did they amended the Eligibility requirements for the dependent. Because as far as I know this condition is  meant to be only for the primary applicant or did they made a mistake on the new website 

your reply will be appreciated 

Thanks 

IMG_0271.PNG

Hi,

You are right, it is a new requirement. Unfortunately, I can't apply for my wife. She came to Australia 11 months later than me. Is it possible that I apply for PR and then apply for partner visa (as I know it has a long processing time) for her? Is there any other options for us now? Since, all of the laws are against us, I am afraid of not applying now.

2 hours ago, sam2 said:

Hi,

You are right, it is a new requirement. Unfortunately, I can't apply for my wife. She came to Australia 11 months later than me. Is it possible that I apply for PR and then apply for partner visa (as I know it has a long processing time) for her? Is there any other options for us now? Since, all of the laws are against us, I am afraid of not applying now.

Hi sam2, did u confirm from some where about your partner living condition. Can u plzz elaborate thanks

Hi guys,

I have asked from a lawyer and he checked the laws. He believes that you don't need to be worry because no change has happened in the law (for case officers) and it is possible to be an error in the website update which has happened several times before. BTW, I would appreciate if any of you get more information, share with us. Thanks.

1 hour ago, sam2 said:

Hi guys,

I have asked from a lawyer and he checked the laws. He believes that you don't need to be worry because no change has happened in the law (for case officers) and it is possible to be an error in the website update which has happened several times before. BTW, I would appreciate if any of you get more information, share with us. Thanks.

Thank you, Sam,

What a relief!!

I read the legislation law 887.212
It say only main applicant need to satisfy the Primary criteria

However the Immigration person to whom I speak today told me otherwise

I guess we should go with what the law say and we are fine Sam

Hi ZarahK,

Obviously, they have written this law (someone in Immi) but the case officers are important. For instance, according to this law, if a new baby comes few months before lodging, the whole family should stay 2 years more (a bug). As I know, before there was no law about second applicant as this document checklist shows and lawyer confirms it:

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/887-/Skilled-Regional-visa-(subclass-887)-document-checklist

In residence requirement, it says: 

• Evidence that you have lived in a specified regional area for at least two years as the holder of an eligible visa prior to lodging this application.
  • Evidence that each dependent who is also an applicant for this visa has complied with the conditions attached to their visa while in Australia. It doesn't say that second also should stay 2 years.

BTW, when can you apply for 887 visa? Do you know that what happen if our 887 visa refuse? Do we back to 489 visa? Would you please give me the contact number of Immi? Thanks.