887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 hours ago, aug2017 said:

If u are here on continuing stay without permanent departure from australia you will b selecting no
Also a suggestion put all docs together inc form 80 1221 and bank statements etc
You will be quick getting visa, i noticed once CO ask for docs than application goes 2 months delay

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Since you are currently on a 489 visa, the answer should be YES

1 minute ago, deftown said:

When I choose yes, it's asking visa number. We have visa grant number, which is not same as visa number.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Leave the visa number blank because 489 visa holders do not have one. Visa numbers are only on sticker visas placed in passports.

Thank you very much for your information.
Did they ask you to do medical check up again when you lodged your 887 visa application ?

In most cases they won't ask for medicals
I had couple of friends and include mine they didn't ask
Unless you have any new born during 489, they will only ask for new born's medicals

Alhamdhulillah. I received my grant letter yesterday morning.

Lodged on 29 July 2017 for me, my wife and 2 children.

CO Adam from Adelaide GSM Team 10 requested for 2 years residential evidence and 1 year employment evidence. Submitted all the documents on same day.

Received grant letter on 14 December 2017.

Is anyone here who applied for health card. Is there any 2 year waiting period for that from the date of PR is granted?

2 hours ago, Rali said:

CO Adam from Adelaide GSM Team 10 requested for 2 years residential evidence and 1 year employment evidence. Submitted all the documents on same day.

Is anyone here who applied for health card. Is there any 2 year waiting period for that from the date of PR is granted?

Congrats mate, wish you all the best.

But what you initially attached as residency/employment proofs, so they ask for them again? did the make specific comments or extra requirement?

Thank you

Congrates brother
I am in exact same line applied 2 aug CO Adam ask for same docs as you and submitted next day after requested.
Fingers crossed i might be next one before christmas

4 hours ago, Rali said:

Congrates bro .. just need to ask My CO adam requested two year residency proof as first time i kept Bank statements for whole 2 years( original only not certified) , TFN letter ( as first 8 months i haven’t had tenancy agre as stayed with brother) , rest of the month i kept tenancy agre, utility bill for last one year 

I don’t know what else i have to provide and also do we have to re upload same documents again to show him as evidence huh. plz help me 

3 hours ago, Raed said:

Good morning mates,

Can anybody share me his knowledge about going overseas during processing time (right after lodging the visa application)? is it going to affect the timing or have negative impact of any kind? 

Thank you in advance.

Raed

Hi Raed,

You have to be in Australia at the time 887 visa is granted. So yes, there is a risk that the grant is delayed if they make a decision and you are not here to receive the grant.

But on the other hand, there is a good chance they will not pick up your file in the first 2-3 months after submission. :) And you can sneak out for a quick holiday!

Congrates brother
Can i please ask when did you get case officer?
Thanks

6 hours ago, Russki said:

Hi Raed,

You have to be in Australia at the time 887 visa is granted. So yes, there is a risk that the grant is delayed if they make a decision and you are not here to receive the grant.

But on the other hand, there is a good chance they will not pick up your file in the first 2-3 months after submission. :) And you can sneak out for a quick holiday!

Thank you Russki, 

I was advised that CO will send pre-grant notification If he/she finds the applicant offshore when decision is ready, then once getting back onshore they will give the decision within short time after notifying them with the arrival. have you heard something like this?

Thank you again

11 hours ago, Raed said:

Congrats mate, wish you all the best.

But what you initially attached as residency/employment proofs, so they ask for them again? did the make specific comments or extra requirement?

Thank you

Thanks guys.

When lodging, I attached one Water bill for each address. 

For employment, attached only the payslips.

Initially I lived in Shepparton for 2 months with my cousin, from there I applied for TFN and opened bank account with Shepparton address, then moved to Melbourne and rented a house on my name (lived one year in an address and moved to another address later). As my cousin moved to Melbourne as well, I didn't show Shepparton address in Form 80.

When CO asked for residency/employment proofs, I just attached a letter explaining 2 months stay in Shepparton and moved to Melbourne. And attached TFN letter, Rental agreement, Electricity bill etc. For employment, attached employment contract and employment confirmation letter.

I had attached another Form 80 with Shepparton address and mentioned in the description that 'Please ignore previous one' (this one was worrying me). Thought that CO will send me a query about why didn't I inform the Shepparton address. By God's grace, got my grant letter.

Good luck for all of you.

8 hours ago, Waf said:

Congrates bro .. just need to ask My CO adam requested two year residency proof as first time i kept Bank statements for whole 2 years( original only not certified) , TFN letter ( as first 8 months i haven’t had tenancy agre as stayed with brother) , rest of the month i kept tenancy agre, utility bill for last one year 

I don’t know what else i have to provide and also do we have to re upload same documents again to show him as evidence huh. plz help me 

Thanks mate.

I think you can get a letter from your brother saying that you stayed with him and provide his rental agreement as well.

4 hours ago, Raed said:

Thank you Russki, 

I was advised that CO will send pre-grant notification If he/she finds the applicant offshore when decision is ready, then once getting back onshore they will give the decision within short time after notifying them with the arrival. have you heard something like this?

Thank you again

Yes,  I have heard of pre-grants,  but was not sure how it worked.  Now I know. ?

3 hours ago, Rali said:

Thanks mate.

I think you can get a letter from your brother saying that you stayed with him and provide his rental agreement as well.

Thanks mate ... how should we upload for this documents as I have mostly given in first place so i have to re upload huh ? and also do we have to reply the email they sent as well huh?? thanks