887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

32 minutes ago, alexoir said:

When applying for 887, you only have to provide proof that you have lived and worked in a regional area. It doesn't have to be in your sponsored state and you wouldn't be asked to prove this. It's NOT MANDATORY that you stay in your sponsored state for those two years, it's just out of COURTESY. I know at least two families on 489 who moved from WA to QLD without being released by WA. They did their two years in Townsville, applied for 887 and were granted without hustle. If you are having problems with your release from TAS, I say pack your bag and leave.

Note however that ADELAIDE IS NOT A REGIONAL AREA. It is only a designated area so living and working there will not be counted towards 887.

Thank you very much for you reply mate, that’s great news news for me.

17 hours ago, kash said:

hi everyone,

my wife came to Australia on subsequent entrant visa 489. then me and my wife moved to regional area after living in Melbourne for 2.5 months. 

if I put Melbourne for 2.5 months on form 80 for my wife and myself. Is it going to effect our visa application?

We submit visa application after 2 year of residency in Regional area!

Some one please give suggestions in my case?????

11 hours ago, alexoir said:

When applying for 887, you only have to provide proof that you have lived and worked in a regional area. It doesn't have to be in your sponsored state and you wouldn't be asked to prove this. It's NOT MANDATORY that you stay in your sponsored state for those two years, it's just out of COURTESY. I know at least two families on 489 who moved from WA to QLD without being released by WA. They did their two years in Townsville, applied for 887 and were granted without hustle. If you are having problems with your release from TAS, I say pack your bag and leave.

Note however that ADELAIDE IS NOT A REGIONAL AREA. It is only a designated area so living and working there will not be counted towards 887.

Hi guys,

I am a little confused here, I thought Adelaide was a regional area? The entire state?

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Allocation-dates-for-General-Skilled-Migration-applications/regional-growth

I thought it was classed as regional and counts towards 887, looks like I could be wrong, your thoughts?

Cheers! :)

1 hour ago, Russki said:

Hi guys,

I am a little confused here, I thought Adelaide was a regional area? The entire state?

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Allocation-dates-for-General-Skilled-Migration-applications/regional-growth

I thought it was classed as regional and counts towards 887, looks like I could be wrong, your thoughts?

Adelaide is classified as Regional area only no need to worry mate, Melbourne comes under Designated area.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2017 at 7:00 PM, Raj said:

Hi,can any one tell me how to send a covering letter to our particular case officer.

Thanks..

Hi Raj,

There is no particular CO, cases r picked up randomly within the same team at Gsm Team 10 adelaide....

There is a tab on ur mailbox referred as “Attatch file / Attach”, If u have saved on desktop or a folder- select it and hit send...

Good Luck!

Thank you.

1 hour ago, JOGC said:

The whole of SA is a regional area. But not very sure if one can stay in the state other than the one sponsoring you for 489 [...]

I have heard before about this "release" situations from the sponsoring state. I think for your sponsoring state to release you, you need to provide some evidence, that despite your best effort you cannot find employment of any kind and you are struggling to meet your financial needs. They usually would prefer you to go elsewhere than to be in hardship...

But as someone else said before, 489 theoretically allows you to live in a different regional area, it is just a courtesy to pay your dues to the sponsoring state (2 years live, 1 year work) and the state expects us to do our best to fulfil this requirement... Not always easy in practice [sigh]

8 hours ago, Russki said:

Hi guys,

Sorry about the incorrect info on Adelaide not being a regional area. If Adelaide will help you meet the 489 conditions then go for it. Another option worth thinking about.....I presume you've already lived in TAZ for more than a year. You might as well live there for 2 years before moving to Adelaide, thereby fulfilling your 2-year commitment to TAZ and at the same time meeting the 2 years regional living condition of the 489. As soon as you work for one year in a full time position or 2 part time positions in Adelaide, you can apply for the 887. You don't have to live for another 2 years in Adelaide, having met that condition in TAZ.

I'm new here.

Can someone please shed light about the 887 withdrawal time frame?

I'm wanting to withdraw 887 to travel overseas to get married and include my husband as subsequent entrant into 489.

When I contacted immigration as to how long will it take for withdrawal of application, they couldn't tell me.

I was told that I should allow enough time.

I'm unsure if I can travel overseas once I submit form 1446 (withdrawal).

Which would be quickest process - send an email to GSM team 10 or add document into my application via IMMI login or both??

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I think you are making right decision by withdrawing application. Once you PR the application process for bringing family will be way more expensive and way tooo long. I suggest make decision ready application 489 subsequent entrant, it usually less than 2 months.

Now, for withdrawing application, you can submit form in your immi account and chances are that might not be looked till your file opens. But you can go out of country as long as you 489 is valid. Sending email to team 10, i don't think will make any difference. Calling immigration never helps they just have standar replies, which are not usefull, i suggest dont waste you time their.

I hope it helps.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I'm new here.
Can someone please shed light about the 887 withdrawal time frame?
I'm wanting to withdraw 887 to travel overseas to get married and include my husband as subsequent entrant into 489.
When I contacted immigration as to how long will it take for withdrawal of application, they couldn't tell me.
I was told that I should allow enough time.
I'm unsure if I can travel overseas once I submit form 1446 (withdrawal).
Which would be quickest process - send an email to GSM team 10 or add document into my application via IMMI login or both??
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance

I think you are making right decision by withdrawing application. Once you PR the application process for bringing family will be way more expensive and way tooo long. I suggest make decision ready application 489 subsequent entrant, it usually less than 2 months.

Now, for withdrawing application, you can submit form in your immi account and chances are that might not be looked till your file opens. But you can go out of country as long as you 489 is valid. Sending email to team 10, i don't think will make any difference. Calling immigration never helps they just have standar replies, which are not usefull, i suggest dont waste you time their.

I hope it helps.

14 minutes ago, aug17 said:

I hope it helps.

I'm only worried if I do anything silly, I'll be stuck overseas.

Thanks again..!!

Hello mates; 

Is anyone aware of the pre-grant notification while being overseas after 887 application? in other words, do you know any case where the applicant went overseas after he applied for 887 and stayed for long (months) and then he received a pre-grant notification email to come back allowing the CO to make the decision?

please share the experience, as I really need to do this after I apply next month.

Thank you again.

I'm only worried if I do anything silly, I'll be stuck overseas.
Thanks again..!!

You will be fine even if you leave it lodged (as long as its not decision ready) CO will still wait fpr you to come back to Australia before giving decision
But always good to be on safe side and withdraw before hand.