887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

17 hours ago, AHP said:

Hi everyone,

Today, I made a call and ........................................... We just got our 4 email granted! (received them at 16:15) .
Thanks to everyone who provided me useful information.  And special thanks to @Johnson@Tpsk, @su89

Good luck to you, all my friends.

887 /Applied at 22/09/2017  | 1st CO Dat  request 31/01/2018  | 2nd CO Dat request 22/03/2018  |CO Dat Granted at 20/06/2018

Congratulations ...Enjoy ur freedom 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rup said:

Guys, I have doubt on medicare surcharge reflected in my salary slip. But, we don't have medicare benefits being an 489.

Do anyone come across this .

Thanks,

Rup

Hi Rup,

It depends on the employer. You can tell him that 489 doesn't have medicare and not needed to deduct the medicare levy while paying the salary. Even if he deducts that, don't worry .. while submitting your Tax returns, there is a column which says "Are you being exempted from Medicare Levy and choose the corresponding dates". When you fill out this column while submitting your tax, any extra amount including medicare levy will be paid back to you.

22 hours ago, nelakash said:

Dear All,

I am kind of expert on property related matter as I am huge victim.

Anyone who applied for 887 visa and got bridging visa doesn’t effect until the 489 visa valid. Any temporary visa holder government treated as a foreign person. So anyone purchased or signed any kind of agreement must need to follow the following rules.

A.      Must need to FIRB approval which cost around $5000.00

+

B.      Full Stamp Duty (No one get any first home owner benefit.

+

C.      Surcharge Duty: If anyone purchased property from 1st july 2016 to 30th June 2017 need to pay additional 4% (of total property price surcharge). If property price 500000.00 need to pay additionally $20000.

Or

Anyone purchased property from 1st july 2017 to 30th June 2018 need to pay additional 8% (of total property price surcharge). This mean property

This mean if you pucharged a property during TR you have to pay $500000.00 worth property additionally + $24000 stamp duty+ FIRB $5000 + Surcharge due depend 4% or 8 % of $20000 or $40000.00 Total $549000 or $569000.00

I have done a settlement of our property after 6 month later my mother f’’ker solicitor called me and said I Have to pay the surcharged duty of $20000 additionally and he reported on review in Revenue NSW and currently I am fighing with this. 

Recomondation not to buy or signed any contract during TR.

Yes bro same thing happened to me and my husband, we went to solicitor to sign the papers the apartment was under $500,000 as per new rule we had to pay $13,000. 

we also paid 20% deposit on the property, wasn't really worth it, ( will not suggest anyone to get into this till you get PR). 

Worst is that, the price didn't went up much, an renovation cost is hitting my head high. a PR soon, may solve my miseries of this , and will sell this and move back to Sydney. 

2 minutes ago, deftown said:

Hi Rup,

It depends on the employer. You can tell him that 489 doesn't have medicare and not needed to deduct the medicare levy while paying the salary. Even if he deducts that, don't worry .. while submitting your Tax returns, there is a column which says "Are you being exempted from Medicare Levy and choose the corresponding dates". When you fill out this column while submitting your tax, any extra amount including medicare levy will be paid back to you.

Thanks Buddy,  Surprisingly I have being paying for more than 2 years :-(.

Hi All, 

just opened my immi account, and have been asked for more docs, i did not receive any emails from immi though. 

Docs requested - AFP and Overseas police clearance, AFP for both me and my hubby were submitted, but i did not submitted my overseas police

clearance, due to the fact that i did not travelled back. 

this is 8 months, and im glad even for a reason my file has been touched, although i waited for a direct grant, but have to be positive and wait at least for 2 more months now. 

@ ruski, rike, TSEP, poonam, and others who applied in Aug, Sep, Oct, i strongly pray that you guys will get grant by end of this month. 

To all those waiting, i wish you all get direct grants asap. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, neel said:

Hi All, 

just opened my immi account, and have been asked for more docs, i did not receive any emails from immi though. 

Docs requested - AFP and Overseas police clearance, AFP for both me and my hubby were submitted, but i did not submitted my overseas police

this is 8 months, and im glad even for a reason my file has been touched, although i waited for a direct grant, but have to be positive and wait at least for 2 more months now. 

@ ruski, rike, TSEP, poonam, and others who applied in Aug, Sep, Oct, i strongly pray that you guys will get grant by end of this month. 

Who is your case officer and you recieved the message today?

3 minutes ago, neel said:

Hi All, 

Sorry to hear that mate. Hopefully you will get your grant soon.........

21 minutes ago, neel said:

Hi All, 

That really good news. I remember you have new born.  He or she got bridging visa yet? 

22 minutes ago, neel said:

Hi All, 

At last they looked at your file neel! This is definitely some progress!!!! ? Now at least you do not feel invisible! Relief!

Maybe, check your spam folder in your email box, see if an immi email has gone there?

Thank you for your kind words and prayers. ? I hope your wait is also close to an end. ? 

17 hours ago, SK10 said:

Hi Ahp,

Many congrats. Enjoy your life.

Just one question - when ypu called, what they told you. I applied on 10th Sep and called immi today. They just again answered me same - still in processing time wait. Can you please tell me what they told you? Thanks.

Again congrats.

Hi Sk10,
She asked me about my name, dob, passport id and my refer number. And after that, she said my application is still in processing.  She told about processing time (8-10 months). They (Her office) are trying to meet the existing records. That's all. 
Good luck to you.

31 minutes ago, neel said:

Hi All, 

Did they requested today or long time ago? 

7 minutes ago, Russki said:

At last they looked at your file neel! This is definitely some progress!!!! ? Now at least you do not feel invisible! Relief!

Maybe, check your spam folder in your email box, see if an immi email has gone there?

Thank you for your kind words and prayers. ? I hope your wait is also close to an end. ? 

Oh Russki, i tell u i'm overjoyed even though no grants yet, but still assuming that my file is not lost and had been touched. 

now could you please tell me how long from here, guess 2 months is it???????

Mine was bit complicated case, i had baby after i applied, then my husband became first applicant and i became 2nd. even though i was the first applicant on 489. 

now i guess they are pretty quick, and i bet you will get it only by this month, u have been so positive on this forum, thanks for ur ideas, and kind words. 

I wish you all the very best!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tsep said:

That really good news. I remember you have new born.  He or she got bridging visa yet? 

now this is strange,  my baby is 10 months, i applied before baby was born applied on 19th oct. Baby was born in August. Included baby in Dec. 

But they did not ask medical for baby. i had attached form 1022, that i have a newborn in change of notification. 

teh documents had been requested yesterday, but i opened my immi account today only. 

i did not receive any emails from them i even checked spam folder. 

my baby has no bridging just 489 visa that too i requested in Jan , when i was travelling to India 

37 minutes ago, neel said:

Hi All, 

Hi neel,
- AFP:  Is it a name issue? 
- PCC: I think you must upload again a PCC file which you used at 489. ( I'm not sure)
- Usually, they will send an email notification first (Immediately). And then, after 17:30, the ImmiAccount system will update this email notification.

14 minutes ago, neel said:

now this is strange,  my baby is 10 months, i applied before baby was born applied on 19th oct. Baby was born in August. Included baby in Dec. 

But they did not ask medical for baby. i had attached form 1022, that i have a newborn in change of notification. 

teh documents had been requested yesterday, but i opened my immi account today only. 

i did not receive any emails from them i even checked spam folder. 

my baby has no bridging just 489 visa that too i requested in Jan , when i was travelling to India 

okay