887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

10 minutes ago, DarDec said:

Yes @deftown.

I do not expect magical things in this week as we are in LAST week of the financial year.  Magical things will be happening since next Monday I reckon with the start of fresh FY with heaps of fresh quota allocated.

Yeah, I hear the same. ? Apparently, there is a small lag at first, but in the 2nd week of financial year (in the past years) grants were coming in steadily. ?? 

• Like 1

Guys,

I'm thoroughly following "Social Services Legislation Amendment (Encouraging Self-sufficiency for Newly Arrived Migrants) Bill 2018"

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Bills_Legislation/Bills_Search_Results/Result?bId=r6048

It was supposed to discuss last week in the parliament but failed to discuss. Even this week this bill is not on their table to discuss.

My question is very simple,

What if this bill gets approved after 1st of July 2018 (lets say 1st of August 2018). Does it still applicable from 1st of July 2018? When i gone through the bill, below is the screenshot for the commencement of date effective. Below screenshot says if this bill gets approved after 1st of July 2018, the commencement date is 1st of Jan 2019 or 1st of July 2019. That's what i understood. Am i correct?

image.png.6b7c6e20bde3e088094a96b2e64fd264.png

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, deftown said:

Guys,

I'm thoroughly following "Social Services Legislation Amendment (Encouraging Self-sufficiency for Newly Arrived Migrants) Bill 2018"

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Bills_Legislation/Bills_Search_Results/Result?bId=r6048

It was supposed to discuss last week in the parliament but failed to discuss. Even this week this bill is not on their table to discuss.

[...]

Yes, this is how I read it, too. Every 6 months matter for us... So the longer they keep it off, the better for us. Even better, if this does not pass!!!!!!!!! ? ? ?  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, deftown said:

Guys,

What if this bill gets approved after 1st of July 2018 (lets say 1st of August 2018). Does it still applicable from 1st of July 2018? When i gone through the bill, below is the screenshot for the commencement of date effective. Below screenshot says if this bill gets approved after 1st of July 2018, the commencement date is 1st of Jan 2019 or 1st of July 2019. That's what i understood. Am i correct?

I agree with your interpretation of the commencement date. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, deftown said:

Guys,

But as they say it will be applicable from 1st of July 2018, Hasn't it already got Royal Assent and they are presenting it in Parliament to legislate it. A bit confused, someone with expertise in Australian Political System can explain.

On 6/22/2018 at 5:11 PM, Tsep said:

Hi CO is right. Because Neel newborn before application. So newborn got 489 visa without any fees as Neel has 489 when newborn. This payment is for including in 887 visa.  I had same process. But I have sent form 1436 at that time of applications. 

thanks guys

Hi Guys..!

I was not able to login to this forum from last few days as it was showing link is changed..! Then I wrote on the excel sheet..and  thanks for the one gave the link in the excel..!

DO YOU GUYS have any update on the topic we were discussing 2 weeks back regarding Family Tax benifits rules changing from 1st July.. any news update???