887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

5 minutes ago, toot said:

Hi guys,

Just a quick question,

I went to the centrelink to apply for medicare last week. They said that the medicare officers are not in yet (9.10AM). She took my documents and asked me to wait for 2 weeks.

No Reference number was given. 

Just wondering if this was the case for all of you guys.

Regards,

Toot

No, when I have been there they asked me to give my passport, visa copy and asked to fill one form.

she issued medicare number at the same time and told us to wait for 2 weeks to get the card.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Honey said:

No, when I been there they just ask me and my husband to give a passport, show visa copy and ask to fill one form.

she issued medicare number at the same time and told us that we get the card in 2 weeks.

Yes that's what they usually do.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Honey said:

No, when I been there they just ask me and my husband to give a passport, show visa copy and ask to fill one form.

she issued medicare number at the same time and told us that we get the card in 2 weeks.

Thanks hun, seems like ill have to ring them. ?

19 minutes ago, nelakash said:

Why so quiet today?  its July now and case officer should be on fire.

Don't fret guys, there is always a lag in the first week or two, we'll be fine - just continue to be patient! ? Our grants will not escape from us! ??

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, wincivil said:

I noticed they increased visa fee for 887 now to 385 AUD which was 375 AUD earlier

Anybody noticed Is there any other changes to 887??

There was a talk before people applying PR after July 1 need to sit for new English Language Test??

It's true that fees are increased but there is no further condition for English Language test as checked here
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/887-

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wincivil said:

I noticed they increased visa fee for 887 now to 385 AUD which was 375 AUD earlier

Anybody noticed Is there any other changes to 887??

There was a talk before people applying PR after July 1 need to sit for new English Language Test??

? Yes, the new English test is being discussed, but at the moment it is just this - discussions. ? I think, the suggestion last year was to make the test harder or increase the passing marks, but this year the discussion has shifted to introducing "communication-based" test... Nothing is finalised yet though, I think? Guys? 

• Like 2

Tpsk 23/12/17     india
Nelakash 24/12/17      
 [mention=3028]Tpsk[/mention], 
You are in Red Hot Zone mate. [emoji3][emoji3]

Yes mate we are. Just checking my imi account ever 15 min from 29th june

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I have phoned the Department a while ago informing them that we are now onshore (arrived from overseas last week). I was told that this is no longer needed.

I am wondering if my application was already previously opened (and was queued in) or they are yet to open it based from the 'Received' status on my Immi. Any ideas guys? TIA.

29 minutes ago, AMDG said:

I have phoned the Department a while ago informing them that we are now onshore (arrived from overseas last week). I was told that this is no longer needed.

I am wondering if my application was already previously opened (and was queued in) or they are yet to open it based from the 'Received' status on my Immi. Any ideas guys? TIA.

Maybe, what they meant is they already know that you are back and your file has a note to say that, ? It is all automatic these days and the border force is one body with the immigration department.

I guess, this is the case where left hand knows what right hand is doing. ? ? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Russki said:

Maybe, what they meant is they already know that you are back and your file has a note to say that, ? It is all automatic these days and the border force is one body with the immigration department.

I guess, this is the case where left hand knows what right hand is doing. ? ? 

Thanks @Russki. Nice thought!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can anyone suggest me,will I need to submit tax return 2017-2018,because I submitted before 2016 and 2017,my pay slips showed till 10 November 2017.My co asked 2nd times  on 8th  June my baby's picture,due to she is now more than five years .

11 hours ago, ZL111 said:

Hello 

I just check my email and find I get my golden email last week. 

applied on 17/11/2017

direct grant on 28/06/2018

Thank you very much for this forum! It is very helpful! Today is Monday, hope more grants this week!

Congratulations !

Hi guys 

I just checked my immi account. My file is updated on 2 july. But i just got my email from the immigration on 29 june asking for form 80 and second installment (for english language) n i submit it on same day .

Aren't they suppose to open file after 28 days.

All the best to everyone. Hope everyone get their grants. 

• Like 1

Hi I am new to this forum. I applied for 887 on 14/12/17. CO requested on 27/06/18 asked for 2 years residency proof and 1 year work. I provided all docs.

I have one question, can someone help? 

I have a family wedding on Saturday in Malaysia. I was thinking of going to Malaysia from 4th to 8th. 

Is it advisable to travel now? Or risky as it is close to decision of 887 visa?

thanks for your help!

• Like 1

Dear ALL,

I need the advise from all experts, I came on 489 visa and I am living in western Australia regional area. Some weeks I get 40 hours ,but ,in some weeks I get 15 or 30 hours.
Do I have to combine my less weeks to represent in DIBP.My journey is still far, I still need 8 months work. Please advise me.