887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

17 minutes ago, B3sT said:

So 10/05 you provided all document and they took 3 months to grant?

Yes exactly, i assume on the paper medical takes double the time than normal because on the request it was written that they need my consent to act them on behalf of me  to record medical in emedial records. May be that was the reason file was updated on 18/6 stating medical provided.

8 minutes ago, deftown said:

While applying 887, Does it ask for the TRN or Visa grant number of 489? 

It asked visa number (first 11digits) from the visa label. I have only e visa which is a paper visa which has 13 digits . I tried giving this number but it’s not valid. So I left it blank 

10 minutes ago, Prabu S said:

Hi 

thanks for your response. Yes I hold 489 visa and it’s been for two years now. 

It does show error in some cases when u have previously rejected for any other visa i have two friends they had the same issue 

in that case u need to contact department by putting an email explaining ur situation. My friends were then suggested to apply a paper file. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, B33l said:

It does show error in some cases when u have previously rejected for any other visa i have two friends they had the same issue 

in that case u need to contact department by putting an email explaining ur situation. My friends were then suggested to apply a paper file. 

Thanks. But I never had any visa rejected before. Anyway I’ll email them. 

21 minutes ago, B33l said:

Yes exactly, i assume on the paper medical takes double the time than normal because on the request it was written that they need my consent to act them on behalf of me  to record medical in emedial records. May be that was the reason file was updated on 18/6 stating medical provided.

For my newborn I did medical examination and uploaded before hand, now I cannot see anything requesting for any paper medical. Nor I can see her name in medical. Its me and my wife, however, If I go to Main application I can see my newborn name.
It was exactly the same way in your case? 
When they grant 489 and 887 bridging visa they didn't ask for my new born medical as I already submitted Medical Examination letter from GP.

8 minutes ago, B3sT said:

For my newborn I did medical examination and uploaded before hand, now I cannot see anything requesting for any paper medical. Nor I can see her name in medical. Its me and my wife, however, If I go to Main application I can see my newborn name.
When they grant 489 and 887 bridging visa they didn't ask for my new born medical as I already submitted Medical Examination letter from GP.

When you go to health assessment. You  don't see your baby's name?

3 minutes ago, B3sT said:

When they had issued 489 to my baby . He was added in the file but didn't had his different section to attach 60 attachments nor the medical section. But when they granted him 887 bridging on 10/5,he had his different section to attach files and medical. I think that work needs to be done by case officer if they haven't done so. 

As about the medical u can not do so until u have HAP ID for the baby. Only ur case officer will create that if they need medical.

8 minutes ago, B33l said:

When they had issued 489 to my baby . He was added in the file but didn't had his different section to attach 60 attachments nor the medical section. But when they granted him 887 bridging on 10/5,he had his different section to attach files and medical. I think that work needs to be done by case officer if they haven't done so. 

As about the medical u can not do so until u have HAP ID for the baby. Only ur case officer will create that if they need medical.

Yes 489 and 887 bridging received in June 2018. But still I cannot see her name in Medical.

20 minutes ago, B3sT said:

Yes 489 and 887 bridging received in June 2018. But still I cannot see her name in Medical.

Maybe because they have requested passport in the last request and hap id could not be created until they have valid passport beforehand.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, B3sT said:

So did they grant 489 and 887 before uploading New Born passport?

Yes they did grant 489 without passport. 

immi site states newborn automatically gets visa of there parents if they born in Australia but they need passport to grant a new visa.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Prabu S said:

Hi everyone 

i just tried to lodge 887 and got an error saying , I don’t hold a valid pre requisite visa. Pls help me with this . Thank you 

Hi Prabu,

I had the same issue, but that's because I tried filling up my form before 2 years of visa grant.

When I emailed them, They asked me to wait till 2 years of visa.

So once I completed my 2 years stay it worked with no error.

This is the reply I got from them :

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 11:53 AM
Subject: Re: Unable to update other application details [DLM=Sensitive]
To: <XXXXX@XXXXX.com>

Good morning,

This error does not relate to the visa number.

You are encountering this error as to be eligible for the Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887), you must have held the pre-requisite 489 visa for two years.

Your 489 visa was granted on 09/11/2015, you should be eligible to apply from 09/11/2017. 

Regards,

Sandra  

Hope this helps.

toot

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, toot said:

Hi Prabu,

I had the same issue, but that's because I tried filling up my form before 2 years of visa grant.

Thanks toot, great information! ? I thought that might be the case, glad you confirmed it! Now we know. ?? 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, toot said:

Hi Prabu,

Date: Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 11:53 AM
Subject: Re: Unable to update other application details [DLM=Sensitive]
To: <XXXXX@XXXXX.com>

Good morning,

This error does not relate to the visa number.

You are encountering this error as to be eligible for the Skilled Regional visa (subclass 887), you must have held the pre-requisite 489 visa for two years.

Your 489 visa was granted on 09/11/2015, you should be eligible to apply from 09/11/2017. 

Regards,

Sandra  

Hope this helps.

toot

Thanks.. I’ll try tomorrow and see. 

Dear All,

I am new to this forum and would need to confirm that I applied 887 Visa on 11th Feb 2018

This month on 07th August 2018 we are blessed with a beautiful baby, I have already applied for the Birth Registration and Birth Certificate, but believe its gonna take few days.

In the mean I believe I still need to notify on immi account about this new addition in my family, need advise how should I update Department about this new addition, is their any form which needs to be filled.

Thanks

2 hours ago, agguptax said:

Dear All,

I am new to this forum and would need to confirm that I applied 887 Visa on 11th Feb 2018

This month on 07th August 2018 we are blessed with a beautiful baby, I have already applied for the Birth Registration and Birth Certificate, but believe its gonna take few days.

In the mean I believe I still need to notify on immi account about this new addition in my family, need advise how should I update Department about this new addition, is their any form which needs to be filled.

Thanks

Just my opinion

Even if you inform them, you will have nothing to upload as you are awaiting the BC. 

Why not wait for the BC and inform them immediately. By evaluating the excel sheet, I think it'll take another 2 weeks for them to reach your application (Applied on 11thFeb). 

I would wait for BC and upload if I was you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1