887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

very silent day again ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

5 minutes ago, deftown said:

very silent day again ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

true, we were expecting more grant in August but its very slow now.

18 hours ago, Russki said:

@Russki thank you very much for the links!! I have been scraping the Internet to find any latest reports or good reads but to no avail, until these. Does the Australian Chamber of Commerce publish this annually? The report is pretty encouraging for us migrants because it definitely talks a lot about pros of the programme, but here we are, displeased and distraught with the delay they themselves inflicted upon us ?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, kV-IsMyShortName said:

@Russki thank you very much for the links!! I have been scraping the Internet to find any latest reports or good reads but to no avail, until these. Does the Australian Chamber of Commerce publish this annually? The report is pretty encouraging for us migrants because it definitely talks a lot about pros of the programme, but here we are, displeased and distraught with the delay they themselves inflicted upon us ?

Yes, I know... ? Not nice situation for us, overseas migrants. We shouldn't forget that it was a sneaky move on Peter Dutton's part to allocate 10,000 places in our visa categories to New Zealanders. This is quite a big chunk of PR places! It was a very crafty move - he didn't officially reduce the amount of visas, but just "diverted" them away from foreign skilled applicants, like ourselves. Clever. ?  

I think it is great that he is granting PRs to kiwis, but what I do not like is that it happens at the expense of people like us. Oh well. Please keep positive guys - slow processing does not mean application will not get processed, they WILL eventually. ? ? Let's just be patient and be happy that we are here, sun is shining and life is - generally - good to us! ? ? 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Don Family said:

We just completed 6 months today after application and no news, haven't heard any applicant after 16th Jan with news, what's happening
Everyone is stressed

Sent from my TRT-LX2 using Tapatalk

Looking at the Excell sheet, I think you'll here something by 6 months + 10- 25 Days

34 minutes ago, Russki said:

Yes, I know... ? Not nice situation for us, overseas migrants. We shouldn't forget that it was a sneaky move on Peter Dutton's part to allocate 10,000 places in our visa categories to New Zealanders. This is quite a big chunk of PR places! It was a very crafty move - he didn't officially reduce the amount of visas, but just "diverted" them away from foreign skilled applicants, like ourselves. Clever. ?  

I think it is great that he is granting PRs to kiwis, but what I do not like is that it happens at the expense of people like us. Oh well. Please keep positive guys - slow processing does not mean application will not get processed, they WILL eventually. ? ? Let's just be patient and be happy that we are here, sun is shining and life is - generally - good to us! ? ? 

Yes that's very true.. the report brought nostalgic memories of the times when I was reviewing the thought of applying to Australia ? but yeah, what can we do, one sector's benefit is the others' loss. Peter Dutton and Turnbull have been very crafty together and here we are venting our sighs out ? at least there is some insight now.

Anyhow, good luck to everyone who are waiting including you @Russki, I completed my mandatory 6-month wait last week..fingers crossed

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Don Family said:

We just completed 6 months today after application and no news, haven't heard any applicant after 16th Jan with news, what's happening
Everyone is stressed

I think last week an application of 30th Jan was processed.

21 minutes ago, Don Family said:

I think the Jan applicants haven't updated the excel sheet is its granted in 6 + 25 days

Hey did your friend get direct grant on 7th aug 2018 who applied on 30 jan 2018? Just confirming 

18 hours ago, Bimu said:

hi a4anudeep

thank you for your reply .can u pls help me with more info pls.do u think is it ok to relocate without changing my adress until my file open.

is there will be any problems if i start working in qld as i do have job offer from qld so i want to relcoate asap .

if i change my adress i fell co will ask more details and my 887 can drag longer.

Hi Bimu,

You can move anywhere in Australia to live and work, so far as it's a regional area. I moved to another state while my 887 was being processed and did the following:

- updated my address in my immi account 

- uploaded my new lease agreement 

- Got a new federal police check showing my new address and uploaded it

That worked for me. No questions asked by CO and I still got my grant. 

Good luck mate

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Don Family said:

My question is, why cant they show a live status of all applicants, so that everyone knows where we are on the list, so that we keep our self's occupied in our work and life.

So I could see your full name and your Visa status. ? 
You are funny mate