887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 minute ago, Don Family said:

Guys some good news.
A friend of mine got his direct grant yesterday and he applied on the 30th Jan 2018

Sent from my TRT-LX2 using Tapatalk

Yay!!!!!! ?? Great! I knew it - there is some good news at last! 

Will put it in the tracker... ? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Russki said:

Hahaha! True! If I win 70 million I will buy the Department of Immigration and run it myself! ? ? ? ? 

Few days back i was losing my mind while waiting. Then just to divert my thoughts i started thinking about winning lottery. Guys it was such a nice imagination i saw peter dutton on my door step holding my Australian Passport. My bank manager was offering to wave off all my debts nd credit card bills if i put my $70m in their bank. Guys give it a go its such a nice imagination. Lolzzz nd on a serious note i pray for all of you hope we all get our grants soon. Have a great weekend ahead. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Russki said:

Yay!!!!!! ?? Great! I knew it - there is some good news at last! 

Will put it in the tracker... ? 

Really a great news!!!

Just wondering for Neelaksh's case who I think applied on 24th Dec and all the 2nd and 3rd timers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

Really a great news!!!

Just wondering for Neelaksh's case who I think applied on 24th Dec and all the 2nd and 3rd timers.

I got in touch with some of the guys who now have been waiting for longer than 10-11 months... We all contacted immigration on numerous occasions and we get a standard: you are still within processing time. And if you argue that it's past processing time bracket, they just say: well, you fall within 10% of applicants who have to wait longer than processing time. End of story.  ? ? ? ?  You can't win!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Mehedi said:

Good news . Though i can see a lot of people waiting for their grant who applied before 30th jan. i have no idea how they process the file. Seems like lotto. Just pick one randomlyemoji848.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes true, I applied on 24 th Jan, still no news...

1 hour ago, 10thfeb said:

The ones who haven't got the visa who applied in jan after 18 n before 30.. do u guys any changes done in application? Eg.baby is born  or may be something else?

I applied on 23rd jan. baby born after 489 visa and I became the main applicant in 887 visa

• Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 10:40 PM, Russki said:

Best advice! ? And it's true, immigration doesn't question why you applied when you did. For most of us on 489 visas it takes some time to settle - find a job and to rent a "proper" place from agency. So immigration understand why you apply after 3 years instead of after 2. I did too. ?  

Of course, there is a danger of the rules changing while you wait extra time, but it is a risk for you to evaluate... Applying too early without solid evidence may be a bigger risk. ? 

Thank @Russki 

I will have to take the advice and waiting patiently then..

• Thanks 1