887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

7 minutes ago, Angos said:

Not sure .. if they have picked up March 2018 file, n not even touched Feb file 😞  totally confused. Sick of waiting and I think few of us already completed 12 Months mark and not even contacted once. 

Hi Angos

It is very confusing for sure. I didnt apply through that agent (I applyed myself on Sep 2018), so I can't ask for more info. I was just share it to you guys.

There is lot of conflicting info around the Internet. I am also not sure which one is currect.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Waiting for 887 said:

Hi Angos

It is very confusing for sure. I didnt apply through that agent (I applyed myself on Sep 2018), so I can't ask for more info. I was just share it to you guys.

There is lot of conflicting info around the Internet. I am also not sure which one is currect.

Let February finishes and there will be heaps of good news coming. Let them take some time and do them the work. Lets stop all of us, not to make any complaints because we are wasting their time. I have applied 21st July18 and havent heard anything as I am sure, they gonna open my file in mid march19

Goodluck all of you

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kapeel said:

Let February finishes and there will be heaps of good news coming. Let them take some time and do them the work. Lets stop all of us, not to make any complaints because we are wasting their time. I have applied 21st July18 and havent heard anything as I am sure, they gonna open my file in mid march19

Goodluck all of you

Highly unlikely I applied in May and they haven't even touched our files, my guess is May files will be in process June 2019 (if we are lucky)

• Like 1

Hi guys, I’m currently filling out form 80 to apply for visa 887. Can someone please tell me in question 25 what is your main reason for remaining in Australia what did you all say and in question 26 list the towns/cities you will visit during your further stay in Australia? 

Thank you. 

10 minutes ago, Farha said:

Hi guys, I’m currently filling out form 80 to apply for visa 887. Can someone please tell me in question 25 what is your main reason for remaining in Australia what did you all say and in question 26 list the towns/cities you will visit during your further stay in Australia? 

Thank you. 

I wrote: employment and applying for 887 visa and the city as I am staying at the moment.  

Personally, I don't think you have to pay a lot of attention to these questions.

Edited by Waiting for 887
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Farha said:

Thank you. 

Answer of 25 is migration and I wrote the name of recent town where I am living in 26

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RANJU said:

Just called immigration, came to know that there s no processing time for this visa and need to wait.All gud very happy. 

Yeah.. i spoke to them today as well.. said the same thing.. i asked whats wrong y r u guys not processing the applications.. said alls good..there are no issues.. he said you would have to wait indefinitely.. i was like do u hear what u r saying

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 10th feb said:

Yeah.. i spoke to them today as well.. said the same thing.. i asked whats wrong y r u guys not processing the applications.. said alls good..there are no issues.. he said you would have to wait indefinitely.. i was like do u hear what u r saying

21 minutes ago, RANJU said:

Just called immigration, came to know that there s no processing time for this visa and need to wait.All gud very happy. 

HI guys, do you have a record of that phone call? I got a meeting with the Senior Skilled Migration & Project Officer in my regional area, I will raise this matter up and see if he can help us. 

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Kapeel said:

Goodluck all of you

More like mid March 2020

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dragon_Lavie said:

HI guys, do you have a record of that phone call? I got a meeting with the Senior Skilled Migration & Project Officer in my regional area, I will raise this matter up and see if he can help us. 

Please tell them about our petition, too. 🙂 It has more supporters now, almost 1.5K. 

https://www.change.org/p/david-coleman-reduce-processing-time-for-887-pr-visa-to-7-months

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Morning I was thinking how stupid I am to choose this visa without knowing what is PR.I thought state sponsor PR will hold me in one state so preferred to get 489 family sponsored to have wide choice.My cousin s a hero.Always would console saying tht I would have returned in initial time without a job if I would have come in PR.

After reading the thread I just called my migration agent that which month is immigration picking. I talked with receptionist and she told me they are picking files after a year now. She didn't give me any detail but said there is something changed in department which is affecting all cases. Sorry can't provide anymore details. Anyways I am going to India next week for 6 weeks hopefully some miracle happen before I come back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Skaur said:

After reading the thread I just called my migration agent that which month is immigration picking. I talked with receptionist and she told me they are picking files after a year now. She didn't give me any detail but said there is something changed in department which is affecting all cases. Sorry can't provide anymore details. Anyways I am going to India next week for 6 weeks hopefully some miracle happen before I come back.

When did you apply @Skaur

1 hour ago, Dragon_Lavie said:

Hi guys, i just had a phone call to Department of Home Affairs and their answer is wait. i got the record of this phone. I will raise it up and see if our Officer in my region can help. I will update you guys. 

Hi.. if you dont mind .. how did u get hold of this person?? What area are u in if u dont mind me asking that.. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Maxzone said:

Finger crossed don't know what to say. No processing time, can't include my wife in 887, dont know how long have to wait. Huge backlogs, don't know how they gonna clear up all those file. Really frustrating.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi, my wife is also going to apply 489 visa through the 489 subsequent entry in next couple of months, she is a student visa holder at the moment.  So, I am  just wondering why you cannot add your wife on your 887 visa application? 

I am going to apply for 887 end of June next year, and I guess my wife get her 489 by the end of this year and we will apply for 887 together next year. 

I will appreciate if you share more details about your situations. 

Hi, my wife is also going to apply 489 visa through the 489 subsequent entry in next couple of months, she is a student visa holder at the moment.  So, I am  just wondering why you cannot add your wife on your 887 visa application? 
I am going to apply for 887 end of June next year, and I guess my wife get her 489 by the end of this year and we will apply for 887 together next year. 
I will appreciate if you share more details about your situations. 
Its only my personal opinion don't relay on it. I am on the same boat like you. We can't include our wife into 887, probably it cost only $385. For other application we can easily include our wife. 189,190,489 cost $3800 has option to include wife. Its always better include the member with the actual application. If you can't do that you can do it other way. I have contacted one migration agent they have replied as

Hi xxxxx

Thank you for your email

Presumably your 489 visa is still in effect, then you can apply for 489 Subsequent Entrant for your wife.

When she gets this 489 Subsequent Entrant visa approval, she can enter Australia BUT you cannot add her in the 887 visa.

You can lodge a new 887 visa with both applicants included OR wait until you get your 887 visa approved and then lodge onshore spouse visa

Regards

Hopefully it might be helpful.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk