887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

22 hours ago, SN133 said:

Hi all

If someone takes annual leave and visit family members in the home country during the 2-year residency period, does this effect on residency requirements. I know if we add the same number of days before applying that is more safe. But my question is what if it didn't. Does anyone have any experience?

You can use the annual leave up to 28 days every year. In other words, you can travel overseas up to 28 days and it does not affect your 2 years residence requirement. So,  you do not need to waste further days to back up the periods you spent in overseas. 

Please refer to the below details. 

"For example, an applicant produces evidence that they have resided in a specified regional area from October 2005 until the time they apply for an 887 visa in November 2007. During that period they spent three weeks in 2006 and a further three weeks in 2007 travelling overseas. As this length of absence is not inconsistent with continuing to reside in a specified regional area the applicant satisfies 887.212."

5 hours ago, SINGH G said:

I lodged on 21/10/17 

Hi, do you mind if I ask how did you prove the one year full-time requirement? 

Did you work under the appropriate full-time contract? Otherwise, gather multiple part-time or casual job? 

Cuz, a friend of mine applied for 887 visa by the April and he got a PR last year, so roughly took 6-7 months. 

He was a single and proved one year working criteria with appropriate full-time contract and reference letter from his employer.

Hi, do you mind if I ask how did you prove the one year full-time requirement? 
Did you work under the appropriate full-time contract? Otherwise, gather multiple part-time or casual job? 
Cuz, a friend of mine applied for 887 visa by the April and he got a PR last year, so roughly took 6-7 months. 
He was a single and proved one year working criteria with appropriate full-time contract and reference letter from his employer.
Hi
On which date he applied ?
Since October last year the average time processing is 12-15 months or 14 months and even February and March files are not opened so if someone get grants from April in 6 months . It's more than great and if you can share the details. It would be awesome.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Yeah that’s true but I been contacted by CO 2 times and finally they asked me to pay 2nd VAC payment and I did that on 14th September 2018, after that no response. When I called immigration deptt then put on recorded tape “we know that u already passed the bracket, but you need to wait.... and we don’t know timelines..” Now what to do???

3 hours ago, Butt said:

Hi
On which date he applied ?
Since October last year the average time processing is 12-15 months or 14 months and even February and March files are not opened so if someone get grants from April in 6 months . It's more than great and if you can share the details. It would be awesome.

The average processing time is literally average, it's vary depending on many factors. I don't know the exact details of him,  but as far as I remember it was April and took only 6 or 7 months to be granted.  

I am wondering how can you sure that all of the Feb and March files are not opened yet? If your estimation is guessed from the people from this forum only, It's totally wrong assumption. There are still many people get 887 visa a lot less than the average processing time (approximately 6 - 8 months, even one of them took only 3 months) according to my agent.

It is true that the processing time is delayed compare to previous programme year, but it does not mean that 12 - 15 months processing time is applied to everyone. 

As many of us who using this forum are already waiting for long time for visa grant, so it seems to be the processing time is too long. 

As you can see, someone still waiting although they applied 2017, so even if I ask my friend and agent about more details and share the info in this forum, it won't help anything to resolve the current situation because the visa approval process is not running as 100% FIFO system.

Sorry for not helping you to gather the more statistics, but I wish you can get PR shortly. 

The average processing time is literally average, it's vary depending on many factors. I don't know the exact details of him,  but as far as I remember it was April and took only 6 or 7 months to be granted.  
I am wondering how can you sure that all of the Feb and March files are not opened yet? If your estimation is guessed from the people from this forum only, It's totally wrong assumption. There are still many people get 887 visa a lot less than the average processing time (approximately 6 - 8 months, even one of them took only 3 months) according to my agent.
It is true that the processing time is delayed compare to previous programme year, but it does not mean that 12 - 15 months processing time is applied to everyone. 
As many of us who using this forum are already waiting for long time for visa grant, so it seems to be the processing time is too long. 
As you can see, someone still waiting although they applied 2017, so even if I ask my friend and agent about more details and share the info in this forum, it won't help anything to resolve the current situation because the visa approval process is not running as 100% FIFO system.
Sorry for not helping you to gather the more statistics, but I wish you can get PR shortly. 

Hello Kevin
I dont mean anything fishy when I asked for the date applied.
I dont know anyone here or even outside from March or April who got grant in 6 or 7 months in recent times.
That's why I asked for details as you mentioned he was your friend.
Even it's not 100 percent FIFO but I hardly believe that they will skip all feb, March or April and issue grant to June or July but it's ok , you dont have to agree.
It used to be 6 to 8 months but not taking at this time.
I wish you get your grant too soon. Thanks for your kind wishes.
When did you apply.?
Best wishes in advance.

The one who's waiting since 2017 is obviously being asked with additional docs or request. There are mostly from February, March and April who have not been contacted even once. I know few others and its same with them but I hope that this will improve.
All the best champ.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I've been following this thread since quite a while now and to be honest it had shaken my confidence earlier to get the grant in 7 months. I had some problem setting up my account on this forum which is all sorted this morning. Anyway, I've applied for 887 in Aug 2018 and still waiting for the response, as you can see it has been almost 7 months now which made me curious and I had written a letter to immigration department pretty much explaining them my situation and how my life is hanging because of the unnecessary delay which I assume is the case with all of us here. 

Not surprisingly, I didn't receive any response of that letter however when I rang immigration few weeks before, the gentleman on phone said they had received my letter and are considering my request as well. He further added that documents are all complete, you'll be contacted if anything is required. 

I sincerely hope people who have been waiting here for so long, get it sooner. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Angry Coder said:

Hi all,

I've been following this thread since quite a while now and to be honest it had shaken my confidence earlier to get the grant in 7 months. I had some problem setting up my account on this forum which is all sorted this morning. Anyway, I've applied for 887 in Aug 2018 and still waiting for the response, as you can see it has been almost 7 months now which made me curious and I had written a letter to immigration department pretty much explaining them my situation and how my life is hanging because of the unnecessary delay which I assume is the case with all of us here. 

Not surprisingly, I didn't receive any response of that letter however when I rang immigration few weeks before, the gentleman on phone said they had received my letter and are considering my request as well. He further added that documents are all complete, you'll be contacted if anything is required. 

I sincerely hope people who have been waiting here for so long, get it sooner. 

Thats a standard reply when u call them

Every time i call them.. what they say is your file has been picked up.. it just about to be finalised.. so just hang in there.. shouldn't be long..

• Sad 1

Waiting without any contact is killing me. My baby is due in just couple of weeks. I am not sure how to wait patiently for grant. If will not get the grant on time, have to go through all the process again for baby with  all the hassle with unnecessary wait. I am not sure, should I call immigration and explain my situation or should I wait.?? If anyone had any experience or remember any case like this. If somebody can help.

11 minutes ago, Angos said:

Waiting without any contact is killing me. My baby is due in just couple of weeks. I am not sure how to wait patiently for grant. If will not get the grant on time, have to go through all the process again for baby with  all the hassle with unnecessary wait. I am not sure, should I call immigration and explain my situation or should I wait.?? If anyone had any experience or remember any case like this. If somebody can help.

Mate,

Ask for the hap od and get your babies medical done before they contact you.. dont wait for them to ask u.. you can save couple of months with that

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Angos said:

I wish you get grant Before baby come in this beautiful world. Dont worry you will get it.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Angos said:

It's just a matter of one lucky day for all of us. Hopefully your lucky day is before the delivery of the beautiful baby and baby will born as citizen of Australia.

• Like 4

Hi All, been a silent follower for almost a year now. Had some problems creating an account but finally have access so here are my stats for your records! 

We are from the UK. 

- Applied for 887 13/4/2018 (waiting time was 8-10 months) 

- Purchased block of land 25/5/2018 and paid 7% foreign stamp duty surcharge as per new law (you need to get your PR grant within a year to get this amount refunded) 

- Visa timeline jumps to 12-15 months. We email SA revenue and local MP with fears of missing our 7% refund due to the immigration delay. We are told there is nothing that can be done to help our situation. 

- Welcomed our daughter into the world 9/12/2018

- Added Form 1022 and birth cert to immi account & applied for her UK passport

- Emailed home affairs last week to ask for daughter to be added to our application and get the medical invitation. Still waiting for this to happen. 

Good luck to everyone waiting! The pain is real haha! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, CChapman said:

Hi All, been a silent follower for almost a year now. Had some problems creating an account but finally have access so here are my stats for your records! 

We are from the UK. 

- Applied for 887 13/4/2018 (waiting time was 8-10 months) 

- Purchased block of land 25/5/2018 and paid 7% foreign stamp duty surcharge as per new law (you need to get your PR grant within a year to get this amount refunded) 

Welcome @CChapman 🙂 

Yes, the pain is definitely real. But you are in the right place to vent it out every now and then. Haha! 😄 

Good luck and I really hope you will get your money refunded. 

PS: I was on the very similar forum today, checking the posts, and one of the members mentioned how unfair it was on us, 887 applicants, to be hit by this unexpected long wait and "life on hold' situation. This poor guys was immediately bombarded with the comments to stop complaining and suggestions to get back his own country. The other members were basically saying it was up to him not to put his life on hold. I so disagree, exactly because of the situations like yours or for example someone who wants to send kids to Uni and cannot because of very high international uni fees for non-PR people. Heaps of other examples! So I am definitely not going back to that forum, stuff that. 🙂 😄 😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Russki said:

Welcome @CChapman 🙂 

Yes, the pain is definitely real. But you are in the right place to vent it out every now and then. Haha! 😄 

Good luck and I really hope you will get your money refunded. 

PS: I was on the very similar forum today, checking the posts, and one of the members mentioned how unfair it was on us, 887 applicants, to be hit by this unexpected long wait and "life on hold' situation. This poor guys was immediately bombarded with the comments to stop complaining and suggestions to get back his own country. The other members were basically saying it was up to him not to put his life on hold. I so disagree, exactly because of the situations like yours or for example someone who wants to send kids to Uni and cannot because of very high international uni fees for non-PR people. Heaps of other examples! So I am definitely not going back to that forum, stuff that. 🙂 😄 😄 

Just stupid question but are files moving in that Forum😂

3 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

Just stupid question but are files moving in that Forum😂

Hahaha!!! 😄 No, same as us, everyone is in painful limbo. And the guys who attacked that member are actually moderators and old members and already have their PR. 😞 The atmosphere on that forum is not friendly. 

47 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hahaha!!! 😄 No, same as us, everyone is in painful limbo. And the guys who attacked that member are actually moderators and old members and already have their PR. 😞 The atmosphere on that forum is not friendly. 

Russki, are you able to share that forum link with us, if possible ofcourse. I would be curious to observe the commentary.

• Like 1

Dear experts, hidden case Officers

I have a question need to be answered. I applied on December 2018 and on January I got married. I know I have long way to go, but keen to know what should I do now. I know I can not include my wife in to my application. Do you think, It is wise to tell immigration that I got married or not. They might gonna ask for more information for my wife and my application may take longer then expected. Please advice me.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Russki, are you able to share that forum link with us, if possible ofcourse. I would be curious to observe the commentary.

This is the link:

https://www.pomsinoz.com/topic/202019-subclass-887-visa-processing-times/?page=3

But guys, I really wouldn't advise you to join in the silly arguments in this forum, it is really ugly... 😞 

• Like 2