887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

8 hours ago, Ram9025 said:

Hello all

I will lodging my 887 visa on March 9th. However, In 2 years of my regional stay, I have travelled overseas upto 18 days. My lawyer told me that I need not compensate as he told he got 887 visa approved for his Clint’s who travelled overseas upto a month in his regional stay. 

Note: I didn’t use my annual leave to travel overseas for my 18 days overseas trip.

Any suggestion or inputs will be much appreciated. Do I need to compensate or consider it as just short visit and lunch the 887 visa?

Thanks

18 days are not serious long time enough, not like 3 months. you dont need to submit or do anything for that. when you have enough living time for 887, just lodge your application.

from proj office told me," we give you the visa 489, that is for your effort to distribute yourself in community, especially the specified  ares. it is not the prison..." .

I hope that helps you out, 

cheerz

• Like 1

On Fri Mar 01 2019 at 10:04 PM, Russki said:

Once it reaches 1500 milestone,  the decision-makers will be notified by email of our petition.  Again.  At the moment,  our decision-makers are David Coleman, Shayne Neumann and Tony Burke. 😊

@Russki Cheer! We'd let them know: 1st,  low volume is not true, and the department is blatantly lying; 2nd people who have been in regional areas for certain years of making achievements should be listed in priority as this is known as a fair society; 3rd, reducing processing time of 887 is a encouragable initial for those up coming  regional visa holders.

• Like 1

Dear Members,

I have a quick question from all those people who got their grant this year. Has anyone who got their grant this year applied for FTB A-B? just wanted to check if someone granted 887 after 1st jan is eligible for it or not or will we be considered as newly arrived and have got 1 year waiting time for it?

Would appreciate if someone can help me with this.

• Like 1

Dear friends 

Now I am on 489 Visa and can apply for 887 visa in September.  After lodging my application in September, can I go to my country for 33 days? Will it affect my application processing time?

Is it needed to inform the department? My 489 visa will expire in 2021. Is it needed to apply for a kind of Bridging Visa for my travel purpose?  somebody who faced this scenario, please  reply

Hi Guys.. 

I am following this forum from a while now. Could some one please let me know how to make a complaint to Global unit. Is there any email address for them?? Please update me if know.

887 lodged 12/12/2017

first CO -02/06/2018 - request wife English.. Submitted 16/06/2018

2nd CO -18/09/2018-  said cant open wife PTE through online- I have contacted PTE same day fixed the matter and updated CO as well.

10/01/2019.    - I made official email requesting updates for my file through immi accnt

since then no news from them.. I feel this is enough time for my file. Any suggestions from you guys similar to me... pls update..

1 minute ago, praba said:

Dear friends 

Now I am on 489 Visa and can apply for 887 visa in September.  After lodging my application in September, can I go to my country for 33 days? Will it affect my application processing time?

Is it needed to inform the department? My 489 visa will expire in 2021. Is it needed to apply for a kind of Bridging Visa for my travel purpose?  somebody who faced this scenario, please  reply

You can definitely go overseas as your 489 is active till 2021

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

It does expire but if you have not been back since you applied for the 887 then there would be no need reason for the CO to request another

Thanks @TakeItOnTheChin

I'm applying on March 21 this year and planning to visit my country during the Easter holidays for 3 weeks, so in this case do i need submit a PCC if it gets expire ?