887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, 02 Feb 18 said:

A 489 visa holder who marries has to advice or let the dept. of home affairs (immigrations) know about the change to his relationship status.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-provisional-489/invited-pathway#When

After that, I think he could bring his spouse as member of his (as a 489 visa holder) family unit.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-provisional-489/subsequent-entry-pathway#Overview

so if she gets subsequent partner visa lets say she gets her grant after her husband has spent 1 and half years and in the next 6 months his husband is about to put the 887 file .she has only lived in regional area for 6 months .Does she has to satisfy the 2 years condition also..or if she is his partner will she be under secondary applicant criteria or dependent over 18 criteria.Will the primary applicant can face rejection on the basis of this

1 hour ago, Dee said:

As far as my knowledge goes she doesn't need to satisfy same conditions as you and you can add her in your application as dependent. But as i mentioned before either some one who has similar experience can share his/her thoughts or you must check with DIBP.

thanks for the reply.I am also writing an email to DIBP ,is it possible to call them and explain. My confusion is when she gets her 489 visa what will be the condition on her visa. And during 887 visa, wont they object that you as a primary applicant satisfied the 489 condition but your partner has not.

15 minutes ago, ausdre said:

so if she gets subsequent partner visa lets say she gets her grant after her husband has spent 1 and half years and in the next 6 months his husband is about to put the 887 file .she has only lived in regional area for 6 months .Does she has to satisfy the 2 years condition also..or if she is his partner will she be under secondary applicant criteria or dependent over 18 criteria.Will the primary applicant can face rejection on the basis of this

Only the main applicant (for 887 visa) must meet the 2 years residency and 1 year full time work requirement.

We could find no where and there is nothing in the immi website that a family member has to satisfy the 2 years residency condition.

Apart from holding an eligible visa, a family member included in the 887 application must meet health and character requirements.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#About

887.png

On 2/18/2019 at 3:30 PM, CChapman said:

Hi All, been a silent follower for almost a year now. Had some problems creating an account but finally have access so here are my stats for your records! 

We are from the UK. 

- Applied for 887 13/4/2018 (waiting time was 8-10 months) 

- Purchased block of land 25/5/2018 and paid 7% foreign stamp duty surcharge as per new law (you need to get your PR grant within a year to get this amount refunded) 

- Visa timeline jumps to 12-15 months. We email SA revenue and local MP with fears of missing our 7% refund due to the immigration delay. We are told there is nothing that can be done to help our situation. 

- Welcomed our daughter into the world 9/12/2018

- Added Form 1022 and birth cert to immi account & applied for her UK passport

- Emailed home affairs last week to ask for daughter to be added to our application and get the medical invitation. Still waiting for this to happen. 

Good luck to everyone waiting! The pain is real haha! 

Hi @CChapman. I just have a quick question regarding your purchase of land., You mentioned that you paid $5K for stamp duty which is refundable if you get your PR in May this year,  is that for FIRB (Foreign Investment Revenue Board)? Is FIRB gonna refund the money? because I'm about to pay $5,600 next week to FIRB for the purchase of land and I'm also waiting for my 887 visa approval. 

Edited by Thea

2 hours ago, 02 Feb 18 said:

Only the main applicant (for 887 visa) must meet the 2 years residency and 1 year full time work requirement.

We could find no where and there is nothing in the immi website that a family member has to satisfy the 2 years residency condition.

Apart from holding an eligible visa, a family member included in the 887 application must meet health and character requirements.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#About

887.png

so that means i can bring her here under 489 subsequent partner visa and when she comes in australia i can include her in my application under 887 visa .The only things to notice are below.

1.) She should be my partner

2.) She should be living with me in the regional area no matter the condition mentioned in her visa as  she is a secondary applicant.

Hi guys 

I have one question.Recently if a person is granted 489 visaand after the grant he marries then how can he sponsor her partner to australia.

and also one otherthing if he has already spent 1 and half years and then her partner joins him(he marries her and then her visa is granted)so in the next 6 months he will apply for 887 visa.will he face rejection as her partner did not lived in regional area for 2years but only for 6 months as her visa got granted after the marriage which was exactly 6 months before the completion of 2 years condition of primary applicant

If any senior member like@russki or anyone who has knowledge please help
Hey mate

Don't worry about the partner or partner eligibility. Because the primary applicant is the one who should fulfil the criteria for applying 887. I was married as the scenario you mentioned, but I got my grant. Primary applicant should meet all the criteria and then both can get the grant happily.

Sent from my ONEPLUS using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, a4anudeep said:

Hey mate

Don't worry about the partner or partner eligibility. Because the primary applicant is the one who should fulfil the criteria for applying 887. I was married as the scenario you mentioned, but I got my grant. Primary applicant should meet all the criteria and then both can get the grant happily.

thanks for the reply but can you please brief your scenario.It will be of great help.

I read from the below legislation and it is very confusing

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2019C00255/Html/Volume_3#_Toc3541772

thanks for the reply but can you please brief your scenario.It will be of great help.
I read from the below legislation and it is very confusing

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2019C00255/Html/Volume_3#_Toc3541772
Don't read too much mate. Don't get stressed about it. I got my visa in sep 2015. Got married in Feb 2016. Wife got subsequent entrant visa and came to Australia in July 2016. We have applied for 887 in Dec 2017(considering my overseas trips I have waited till then). All went well got my direct grant in July 2018. So I'm the only one who should meet the criteria and we both got our 887.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thea said:

Hi @CChapman. I just have a quick question regarding your purchase of land., You mentioned that you paid $5K for stamp duty which is refundable if you get your PR in May this year,  is that for FIRB (Foreign Investment Revenue Board)? Is FIRB gonna refund the money? because I'm about to pay $5,600 next week to FIRB for the purchase of land and I'm also waiting for my 887 visa approval. 

Hi 

stamp duty is refundable if you get PR within 1 year but FIRB is not refundable as it is an assessment of your foreign investment when you are already a foreign investor. In short $5600 is just piece of waste in this case. Well we have paid $5600 and approx $13000 stamp duty without any hope of getting it back 😭😭

Hi guys,

I got a very serious problem after I lodged 887 visa. I accidentally sold a smoke to a minor at work(I am working in a service station) who was an undercover police and I need to go to court in May. The worst result would be a criminal offence. What should I do? Should I inform the immigration department?

Thanks in advance.

Guys please help me. What documents needed to be certified?? I am going to the police station today to get some documents certify and I will apply 887 next month. As far as I know, we need to certify all the payslips and tax documents? Anything else? Is it true if documents are in color no need to certify. Please help. I am hoping to get direct grant...