887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 8/11/2019 at 2:01 AM, adam said:

I can get a letter from the GP and I can provide a copy the red book but the HAP ID will be given to me by the immigration  is that right 

Hi Adam,

The GP letter is for a baby under 6 months. My son was born on our 489 visa here in a public hospital and is over 2 years old now, we were asked for his full medical, which is done by Bupa. The CO needs to generate a HAP number before that can be done and medicals are usually the last thing they ask for, as the validity period is only for 1 year.

This is just from my experience and others on the forum.

On 8/9/2019 at 12:10 PM, Simmie said:

Hi @Bern83 how r u ? 

Any news from ur side?? Do u think we should call the complaint department pls suggest .. 

Thanks 

Hi Simmie,

I'm good, how are you? No news on my side. I called the complaints number about two weeks ago, but they said we are still within processing time. Guess we'll have to wait another two weeks or so...

24 minutes ago, Bern83 said:

Hi Simmie,

I'm good, how are you? No news on my side. I called the complaints number about two weeks ago, but they said we are still within processing time. Guess we'll have to wait another two weeks or so...

When did you apply 887

• Like 1

Hey all

The following thoughts are just my opinion. 

I have seen the budget documents for the Australia financial year 2019/20. If one has seen those documents regarding the home affairs budget, the government has slashed 15% to the home affairs portfolio. Which means job cuts. Well, this can be understandable. That’s because the annual permanent immigration for the next 4 years is going to keep at 160000. So this financial year there gonna be 30,000 less permanent application than completed to previous financial year. And also one has to know there are still pending permanent visa applications in the pipeline. 

Now coming to 887 visa where there are lot of questions where immigration turning their blind eye. It’s not only applicable to just 887 visa. If one looks at 187(RSMS) visa. The processing time for that particular visa is around 23 to 24 months. 187 visa is completely lodged my Australian employer by using Australian documents and Australia experiences of an applicant. The question is does immigration short of resources to verify documents which are in their reach? Same applies to 887 visas. For 2 years of living and 1 year work experience to verify those document are they short of staff? 

Now coming to to the new 491 visa which is coming into the picture from 16th November. All 489 invitations from state will be close by September 15th. There will be 2 months of gap where the immigration will not receive 489 visa applications. That’s between September 15th to November 15th. During that 2 months period can we expect more grants of 887 visa as the immigration will be short of applications as there won’t any 489 visa lodgements during that 2 months period?

If the immigration wants people to stay in regional areas that’s fine. Why can’t they be transparent in the steps of visa processing? 

The aforementioned are just my thoughts. Even peter Dutton don’t know what he wants to do or how to take control on huge backlog for all the visa subclasses and Citizenship applications. Often we can see in news where there are more CO’s have hired to get the job done. Is it too late for the immigration to realise they are beyond their control? Too many questions, too many speculation, but the wait continues. Well the wait period all the struggles what we are all undergoing will become a beutiful stories to tell our children when they grow up as we are first ones to set bright future for our next generations. 

All the best to every one. God bless all. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, X76804 said:

what do 'contact' mean? is it a 'request for further information'

Yes, we were asked for our kid's medicals and received HAP ID on that date. 

Other people get other requests and on the forum it is called being contacted by a case officer.

4 hours ago, Katie said:

Finally you got your long awaited grant.. Big massive congratulations darwinsingh 🥂🍾

thanks katie, yes it was a long and stressed wait...

for all the ones who are in Q....please dont run out of patience...have faith. the day will come !! and you all will celebrate like me !!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bern83 said:

Simmie applied 3 April 2018 and was contacted 5 June 2019.

I applied 4 April 2018 and was also contacted 5 June 2019.

I applied on 5th April, was contacted on 29th May , and since then nothing, just waiting. Any idea why is it taking too long, as in June they were giving grant after one month of first contact

2 minutes ago, Nomz said:

I applied on 5th April, was contacted on 29th May , and since then nothing, just waiting. Any idea why is it taking too long, as in June they were giving grant after one month of first contact

Please call immigration or complain that you submit all required documentation. Please finalize my application.

59 minutes ago, Action G said:

I applied 21 April, 2018 and  was contacted 14 June, 2019

I applied on 11th June 2018 and they contact me on 21 June 2019 for further information which was given to them same day  but after  that no signs .....this wait is killing me ....they want us to submit all requested documents in 28 days i dont think that they even bother to check our files even after a month .....there  should be a time limit for immi department as well that they have to open that file in 28 days and finalise it

15 hours ago, Skaur said:

Hello @Honeyhow did you get hapid for your kid? My agent is not taking it seriously 

Hi @Skaur I request  it in Complain form

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/contact/provide-feedback/compliments-complaints-suggestions/visa-citizenship-service

I mention my application number n inform that my son is eligible for medical. Please generate HAPID so that we can avoid any delay in the decision as this is my last required document.

11 hours ago, Kamal said:

I applied on 11th June 2018 and they contact me on 21 June 2019 for further information which was given to them same day  but after  that no signs .....this wait is killing me ....they want us to submit all requested documents in 28 days i dont think that they even bother to check our files even after a month .....there  should be a time limit for immi department as well that they have to open that file in 28 days and finalise it

yes, you have to call them n ask the status of your application.

10 minutes ago, nudgee said:

they should update the processing time on 18th August (last update was 18th July) 

another month almost gone, but no progress, wonder if they will increase or reduce the processing time 

I was thinking the same thing about 5 minutes ago and you posted it. 🙂 But I reckon they will increase in again unfortunately.