887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

23 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Now we have to make a list of people who got contacted than we can see how many people are waiting after first contact...and one grant a day can give us the rough estimate like in how many days it will be our turn . Once this queue finished than they gonna start opening the new files or can say July files ....this is what they doing guys 

According to spreadsheet more than 80 people i think are waiting after first contact 

Hi all,

I'm new member and I'm very happy to see some guys are granted 877 visa today who always applied at February 2018. I have applied  8 Feb 2018 and still waiting to get 877 visa.

Do you what's going on?

That is funny that they always change the estimating time. When I applied, the estimating time was 3-6 mount and after many changes, finally it Jase changed to 15-17 which is amazing because of my waiting time is more than 17 months now.....🤪🥴

On 8/5/2019 at 6:33 PM, Mirza said:

Hi, Are we allowed to live & work in ACT on 489? 

In low population areas immi has mentioned all states except ACT.

Exactly not. But you can live and work in Queanbeyan where is in NSW and looks like a Canberra's suburb. But I mention you that you can never ever work in ACT.

1 hour ago, Amir said:

Hi all,

I'm new member and I'm very happy to see some guys are granted 877 visa today who always applied at February 2018. I have applied  8 Feb 2018 and still waiting to get 877 visa.

Do you what's going on?

That is funny that they always change the estimating time. When I applied, the estimating time was 3-6 mount and after many changes, finally it Jase changed to 15-17 which is amazing because of my waiting time is more than 17 months now.....🤪🥴

Mate, you need to lodge complain.

Now a days, they are only working on it and i am positive that you will get grant within two week after complain.

Good luck

Hi guys please help me with this question for 887 application,

have you  or any person included in this application previously been to australia, held or currently hold a visa for travel to australia? 

I have to yes or not

cause i already in australia on 489 

thanks

3 minutes ago, Gurpreet said:

Hi guys please help me with this question for 887 application,

have you  or any person included in this application previously been to australia, held or currently hold a visa for travel to australia? 

I have to yes or not

cause i already in australia on 489 

thanks

I would say yes as you currently hold a visa, your 489 

11 hours ago, Amir said:

Exactly not. But you can live and work in Queanbeyan where is in NSW and looks like a Canberra's suburb. But I mention you that you can never ever work in ACT.

One of a known friend to me moved recently to metro areas after he applied 887. I asked him and explained what I know about the visa condition, however, he did not stop so the decision is up to him. The argument he made was that though he is going to live in Metro he is not going to work in Metro so what he says is that if you are not working in metro authorities will not find out. But I asked him what about registration of the vehicle, drivers license, lease agreements, schooling for kids (as schools usually check what visa we are in) so what I wanted to say that there are some people who take the risk but I don't think that is an advisable or wise decision. 

So guys...we have been going through this just be positive and stay strong just a couple of more months...we all are resilient and can make this....we have come such a long way and just little bit more to go....cheers...

• Like 3

If we are going out of country for few weeks before 2 years and submitting 887 then how do we justify this break while applying 887. 

Can we get letter from employer for leaves and submit it along with 887 application or no need to provide any document until asked ?

11 minutes ago, Roma said:

So guys...we have been going through this just be positive and stay strong just a couple of more months...we all are resilient and can make this....we have come such a long way and just little bit more to go....cheers...

Indeed, just a little bit more...hang in there everybody! Do not lose faith!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roma said:

One of a known friend to me moved recently to metro areas after he applied 887. I asked him and explained what I know about the visa condition, however, he did not stop so the decision is up to him. The argument he made was that though he is going to live in Metro he is not going to work in Metro so what he says is that if you are not working in metro authorities will not find out. But I asked him what about registration of the vehicle, drivers license, lease agreements, schooling for kids (as schools usually check what visa we are in) so what I wanted to say that there are some people who take the risk but I don't think that is an advisable or wise decision. 

The argument is you can go to metro city without changing your residency address and you do not work. In this case you are not breaching the condition. 

It is like you are visiting sydney for 3 or 6 month vacation. 

If you are on a bridging visa you are free to go anywhere. 

1 hour ago, Roma said:

We don't want to live with that fear and guilt for the rest of our life in Australia knowing that we are doing something wrong without sucking it up for a few more months but surprisingly there are people like this friend who tries to game the system and that delays files of all other genuine people too because this person is clearly willingly breaching visa conditions and do not even deserve to be  in the processing Que using up immi resources , co's time that can be used to assess another genuine applicant who does the right thing and suffer in regional 

• Like 2

Re posting again:-

If we are going out of country for few weeks before 2 years and submitting 887 then how do we justify this break while applying 887. 

Can we get letter from employer for leaves and submit it along with 887 application or no need to provide any document until asked ?

9 minutes ago, jaknap3 said:

Re posting again:-

No need to worry; in a year you can go on annual leave etc. for atleast 4 weeks and need no justification. This is acceptable.

• Thanks 1