887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

16 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

Sorry @TTTF, when on your bridging visa after your 489 has expired one can move to non-regional as there are no more conditions to comply to on a bridging visa.

Should your answer not be 'till bridging visa' rather than 'on bridging visa'? Or on which information did you base your answer? 

Based on the information on the IMMI website.. Bridging visa is just a temp visa which allows you to lawfully stay.. rest of the conditions do not change.. even though Bridging visa says no conditions.. the 489 conditions still apply. 

The reason it says no conditions because we all have applied 887 visa which is PR, which will have no condition and hence the bridging visa states no conditions.Bridging visa are always issued aligned to the visa applied or in processing. 

Logically one should be allowed to move around once being in compliance, but i dont think immigration regulations are that simple and it is not  stated  officially anywhere.. hence question mark?

based on the available information conditions still applies for all members and one cannot move out. 

But the issue here is the assessment of compliance is almost taking the same time and hence they will need to reconsider this for individual cases. 

given the situation, it is 2 years to compliance and almost 2 years to assess that compliance.. which is the issue.

Having said that, you can always approach immigration to check if you can move out.. but most of the times the answer is no.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/bridging-visa-a-010#About

Your obligations

You and anyone included in your application must:

• comply with all Australian laws
  • comply with the conditions of the current visa
  • comply with the conditions of your Bridging visa A when it comes into effect

See the conditions that will and might be applied to a BVA.

• Like 3

Grant! Grant! Grant!

We are silent follower and here is our timeline.

Applied: 5 July 2018

New born: 17 Aug 2018

We have requested HAID through feedback-  Suggestions and got it after a week.

We have submitted all new baby docs after a month

June 2019 - updated AFP and form 80 (we did not remove the old AFP and old form 80, instead we just add a new file -updated AFP and updated form 80, just to make sure they will not ask it again)

Grant: 10 Sept 2019 - family of 4 - direct grant

CO: Wilson

Please note we did submit a letter to them through feedback - suggestions last week to show our frustrations on the new processing time but in a respectful manner - not sure if it works or they just really processing the 13-14months.

Thanks everyone in this forum.

You are all a star!

Good luck to all. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Jo&Ron05jul18 said:

Grant! Grant! Grant!

June 2019 - updated AFP and form 80 (we did not remove the old AFP and old form 80, instead we just add a new file -updated AFP and updated form 80, just to make sure they will not ask it again)

Please note we did submit a letter to them through feedback - suggestions last week to show our frustrations on the new processing time but in a respectful manner - not sure if it works or they just really processing the 13-14months.

You are all a star!

Good luck to all. 

Congratulations 

26 minutes ago, Jo&Ron05jul18 said:

Grant! Grant! Grant!

You are all a star!

Good luck to all. 

Congratulation. Enjoy with your new life in Australia

39 minutes ago, Jo&Ron05jul18 said:

Grant! Grant! Grant!

You are all a star!

Good luck to all. 

Congratulations 🙂

43 minutes ago, Jo&Ron05jul18 said:

Grant! Grant! Grant!

You are all a star!

Good luck to all. 

Congrats mate. Great news. Enjoy. 

48 minutes ago, Jo&Ron05jul18 said:

Grant! Grant! Grant!

You are all a star!

Good luck to all. 

congrats!!! Glad to see grants are coming everyday. Co Wilson is on fire, enjoy your new life 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jo&Ron05jul18 said:

Grant! Grant! Grant!

You are all a star!

Good luck to all. 

i have requested twice for HAP ID by same way , they didnt give it to me 

Great to see some grants in the forum...

Experts, Have a question for you. I have applied for 887 very recently and submitted all the required documentation except for Form 956 or 956a. I know that I do not require to provide this documentation if I have applied for 887 by myself.

However, when I was applying for 489 I got the help from an agent, but I haven't submitted a 956 or 956a to withdraw the agreement with the specific agent after getting the visa. So, all the comms. from Immi went to the agent until I recently updated the email address to my personal address. The question is, Do I still need to submit these forms though I have applied 887 via my Immi account? 

Thanks in advance,

And hope anyone doesn't mind me sharing this screenshot from Page 6 of this forum. 😛 😞 🙂 

image.thumb.png.8379b0f728bafb6787f6d6cae9d130a3.png

2 hours ago, Jo&Ron05jul18 said:

Grant! Grant! Grant!

You are all a star!

Good luck to all. 

Fantastic news, 14 months!

7 hours ago, TTTF said:

To all those who are facing processing delays for their applications  here is your opportunity to speak to  SBS directly,  they are ready for an consideration and happy to talk to some of you personally. 

You can contact - Shamsher.Kainth@sbs.com.au

Here is the latest response from SBS:

"

Hi Team,

I will have to speak to some of you who are in visa limbo to peg my story on a couple of cases.

So, please get in touch with me when you/other applicants are ready to speak. If there are any concerns about the applicants being identified, I am happy to take those concerns into consideration."

Hope you can Help yourself from here. 

Keep this forum posted.

Context to this offer of assistance from SBS :

Dear Shamsher,

We hope you are doing well.

We came across your profile on the "SBS website" and noticed that you work on articles related to immigration and being an active new reporter around issues faced by the applicants at various stages of their immigration process . We have case explained below,  which requires some attention. Given your strong background in this space can we request you to cover an article on this issue . 

We are a group (750 plus members)  489 (Regional Skilled Visa) applicants  spread across the  regional areas of the country who have applied 887 visa (Permanent visa) in the years 2017/18 & 19.

About 489 visa (Provisional Visa),

·         stay in Australia for 4 years from the date we grant you the visa

·         live, work and study in a specified region of Australia

·         travel to and from Australia as many times as you want, while the visa is valid

·         apply for permanent residence, if eligible, through the Skilled—Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887)

We wanted to get in touch with you regarding the delays we are facing in processing of our permanent visas,  which in turn is having significant impact on our day to day life.

During the time of the 489 application the processing timeline stated  for 887 visa post completion of compliance to the 489 visa conditions was anywhere between 7 to 8 months. It has now increased almost 3 folds and currently is anywhere between 18 to 21 months as per the information available on the IMMI website. There has been limited information available why such increase has occurred in the time line for onshore applications. At the same time the offshore skilled visa applications are processed in much swift manner as compared to an onshore 887 visa application.

cleardot.gif

We do appreciate that all the visa cases are to be dealt individually and time line can vary case to case basis. But here we have situation it has just gone one way towards the higher side of things.

The impact it is having on the applicants and their family members is substantial, as the applicants and their family members face struggle, discrimination, eligibility questions in various walks of life due to this delay. Overview of the issue,

·         489 visa is valid for 4 years, generally most the 489 visa conditions are to be fulfilled within these period

·         Upon compliance to the two year regional stay and one year full time work, the applicants become eligible to apply. Getting a full time work in regional areas is a real struggle for the applicants, some do two or three part time roles to fulfill the conditions

·         Most of the applicants are either near to close to their 489 visa expiry or it has already expired, all the applicants receive bridging visa till the permanent visas are processed

Daily life situation,

·         Many of the applicants are on contract employment and the companies find it difficult to extend the contracts since our visa status is not clear

·         If the applicants try to apply new roles, they find them not eligible since they do not hold a valid residency status, even though they have full working rights as per immigration department. Most of the companies do not considered this as valid and it is very tedious task to       make them understand and mostly end up losing out on the opportunity

·         When these applicants go for utility services such as a basic phone contract they find themselves as not being eligible for  it due to visa constraints

·         Many of the family members struggle in educational sector since they do not have permanent residency to be eligible for educational cover

·          Some even face issues in extending their house leases due to the visa status as most agents demand the visa copy and bridging visa puts * mark on their housing applications

·         Financial services are mostly out of reach as banks do not consider such applicants where the PR is still in processing

·         Cannot plan any future travel or go out of the country as it will result in further delays

They are even many other unique and harsh situation faced by the applicants in their daily life.

All this struggle and anguish even after been in compliance to all the visa conditions and doing the hard yards of regional struggle. All these applicants have supported the regional economy across the country in all possible ways and contributed towards economic growth.

What we expect,

·         Lesser processing time of applications, as it was promised to us when we applied the 489 visa ( which was 7/8 months of PR processing)

·         Clear and transparent information about the status of the processing of applications, with clear numbers of visa applications lodged, In processing and finalized on a monthly basis along with the total cap for 887 visa to be issued by the department on an annual basis

The applicants have stood to their side of promise/statement of managing the visa conditions and being in compliance at all times, we find the department has been stretching out the timeline too far, which is impacting the daily life of these people.

The applicants have serious ramifications for any breach of visa conditions, it does not seem to have similar result on the department for extending the processing timelines 3 folds in terms of services offered. The increase have significant impact on the applicants in different walks of life. 

All these visa applicants have done everything on their own without any government benefits or welfare payments.

The only thing we demand is for the processing timeline to be reduced and clearing of applications in a swift manner.

With the introduction of new regional visa 491 effective from November 2019, it will create two classes of visa holders in regional space.

1.     A set of applicants who have struggled and worked their way through the process to find themselves stuck again in the processing delays

2.     The second set would be the new regional visa holders in a much secured position with dedicated government support to achieve the objectives

3.     We do not envy the situation and are actually glad that government has recognized the need to support people in regional areas as we understand the struggle one has to go through in a space with limited opportunities, but at the same time they should not disregard applicants who have independently achieved and complied with all the conditions and supported the government objective to support and uplift regional economic.

We humbly request you to cover this story and help us to reach out to the department to get the necessary attention and resolve this delay and struggle for all the applicants.

We look upon you with faith and hope. Your support is greatly appreciated by the group and the family members.

Your inputs and insights will be really appreciated. 

Help us to get out of this situation.

Look forward to hear back from you.

Regards,

Team 887

It looks like one more queue awaits once it is finished here!

https://www.sbs.com.au/language/english/australian-citizenship-approvals-on-the-rise-after-hitting-15-year-low

This story is covered by the same person, who has offered to cover our story - BY SHAMSHER KAINTH.

SBS is covering these stories comprehensively ...They have provided us a opportunity, at least utilize it...encourage ppl to share the stories with SBS to see some action in the right direction or get answers from the authorities. Hopefully, 887 processing delays also gets covered one day like other immigration matters.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TTTF said:

https://www.sbs.com.au/language/english/australian-citizenship-approvals-on-the-rise-after-hitting-15-year-low

SBS is covering these stories comprehensively ...They have provided us a opportunity, at least utilize it...encourage ppl to share the stories with SBS to see some action in the right direction or get answers from the authorities. Hopefully, 887 processing delays also gets covered one day like other immigration matters.

It is not the 887 they are talking about 

1 hour ago, SJay said:

Great to see some grants in the forum...

Experts, Have a question for you. I have applied for 887 very recently and submitted all the required documentation except for Form 956 or 956a. I know that I do not require to provide this documentation if I have applied for 887 by myself.

However, when I was applying for 489 I got the help from an agent, but I haven't submitted a 956 or 956a to withdraw the agreement with the specific agent after getting the visa. So, all the comms. from Immi went to the agent until I recently updated the email address to my personal address. The question is, Do I still need to submit these forms though I have applied 887 via my Immi account? 

Thanks in advance,

And hope anyone doesn't mind me sharing this screenshot from Page 6 of this forum. 😛 😞 🙂 

image.thumb.png.8379b0f728bafb6787f6d6cae9d130a3.png

Unbelievable, it was 6 hrs processing time for 887 visa. You killing me with this 

4 hours ago, Jo&Ron05jul18 said:

Grant! Grant! Grant!

You are all a star!

Good luck to all. 

Congratulations, enjoy your PR. Happy for your and happy to notice that grant is back. 

Just now, TTTF said:
21 minutes ago, TTTF said:

This story is covered by the same person, who has offered to cover our story - BY SHAMSHER KAINTH.

Let me get this straight,  there are two options here,

1. Increase the level of patience you have and keep waiting/Struggling  , get frustrated daily and keeping commenting on this blog just adding pages to it with out any result
  2. Share the stories with SBS and hope to see an positive outcome. At least we have got a chance here.

There are couple of members happy to share their stories.. but their applications are pretty much very recent and will not make a strong case. 

Hence members who are waiting more than 12 months need to act to see something happening. 

No offence to anyone. but everyone was talking about help in this forum and now when it is there .. looks like we have got a quiet house.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, TTTF said:

Let me get this straight,  there are two options here,

1. Increase the level of patience you have and keep waiting/Struggling  , get frustrated daily and keeping commenting on this blog just adding pages to it with out any result
  2. Share the stories with SBS and hope to see an positive outcome. At least we have got a chance here.

There are couple of members happy to share their stories.. but their applications are pretty much very recent and will not make a strong case. 

Hence members who are waiting more than 12 months need to act to see something happening. 

No offence to anyone. but everyone was talking about help in this forum and now when it is there .. looks like we have got a quiet house.

Just so you know, per your request I've sent an email to Shamsher.Kainth@sbs.com.au to share my details. I'm 13 months to my waiting time. 

I'll inform you if I hear back from them 

Cheers, 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

One of my friend got his PR this morning.

Date of application : 6th July 2018, NSW regional
Family member : 3
Direct grant 10:30 am
CO : Wilson

He is not in to the forum and asked me to share his grant. I can assured that It's legit one. Thanks.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing this.

• Like 1

Hi every one 

I am a silent follower on this forum. We got our PR  Direct Grant today 10/7/2019.

Applied on 05/07/2018

Family of 3 

Co : Katherine 

Hope everyone get their grants soon .  

Please add my name on spreadsheet . It’s not there so 

Thank you

Edited by Hetal patel
  • Like 13

33 minutes ago, Hetal patel said:

Hi every one 

I am a silent follower on this forum. We got our PR  Direct Grant today 10/7/2019.

Applied on 05/07/2018

Family of 3 

Co : Katherine 

Hope everyone get their grants soon .  

Please add my name on spreadsheet . It’s not there so 

Thank you

OMG! I cant believe...

Seems COs are back to 887 Visa. 

Thanks for sharing sucha good news at the end of the day. All the best and enjoy with your new life.