887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

10 hours ago, 081018 said:

Congratulations @Jo&Ron05jul18!

My daughter was born Oct 2016 and we applied for 887 Oct 2018. Can you direct me to the link for feedback? Do I need to do it via my immi account or is there a generic email for feedback to request for HAP ID?

Please help.

Here is the link

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/contact/provide-feedback/compliments-complaints-suggestions/visa-citizenship-service

We did feedback - suggestion not the complaint. And we requested in a kind and respectful manner. I believe you can also call them.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ankit7775 said:

i have requested twice for HAP ID by same way , they didnt give it to me 

I believe you can also call them. I saw someone from this forum who did that. Anyway here is the link we used

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/contact/provide-feedback/compliments-complaints-suggestions/visa-citizenship-service

We did feedback - suggestion not the complaint. And we requested in a kind and respectful manner.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jo&Ron05jul18 said:

I believe you can also call them. I saw someone from this forum who did that. Anyway here is the link we used

We did feedback - suggestion not the complaint. And we requested in a kind and respectful manner.

Jo&Ron, have you mentioned in your letter your timeframe and when you have applied? Thank you!

13 hours ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Well said, we should all contribute as much as we can to this story, it will not hurt but can only help.

Update: Thank you all who shared their stories with SBS. I have dropped him an email and the response is awaited. 

Encourage few more to write to SBS. 

Hope for the best.

• Thanks 3

On 9/10/2019 at 9:26 AM, TTTF said:

To all those who are facing processing delays for their applications  here is your opportunity to speak to  SBS directly,  they are ready for an consideration and happy to talk to some of you personally. 

You can contact - Shamsher.Kainth@sbs.com.au

Here is the latest response from SBS:

"

Hi Team,

I will have to speak to some of you who are in visa limbo to peg my story on a couple of cases.

So, please get in touch with me when you/other applicants are ready to speak. If there are any concerns about the applicants being identified, I am happy to take those concerns into consideration."

Hope you can Help yourself from here. 

Keep this forum posted.

Context to this offer of assistance from SBS :

Dear Shamsher,

We hope you are doing well.

We came across your profile on the "SBS website" and noticed that you work on articles related to immigration and being an active new reporter around issues faced by the applicants at various stages of their immigration process . We have case explained below,  which requires some attention. Given your strong background in this space can we request you to cover an article on this issue . 

We are a group (750 plus members)  489 (Regional Skilled Visa) applicants  spread across the  regional areas of the country who have applied 887 visa (Permanent visa) in the years 2017/18 & 19.

About 489 visa (Provisional Visa),

·         stay in Australia for 4 years from the date we grant you the visa

·         live, work and study in a specified region of Australia

·         travel to and from Australia as many times as you want, while the visa is valid

·         apply for permanent residence, if eligible, through the Skilled—Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887)

We wanted to get in touch with you regarding the delays we are facing in processing of our permanent visas,  which in turn is having significant impact on our day to day life.

During the time of the 489 application the processing timeline stated  for 887 visa post completion of compliance to the 489 visa conditions was anywhere between 7 to 8 months. It has now increased almost 3 folds and currently is anywhere between 18 to 21 months as per the information available on the IMMI website. There has been limited information available why such increase has occurred in the time line for onshore applications. At the same time the offshore skilled visa applications are processed in much swift manner as compared to an onshore 887 visa application.

cleardot.gif

We do appreciate that all the visa cases are to be dealt individually and time line can vary case to case basis. But here we have situation it has just gone one way towards the higher side of things.

The impact it is having on the applicants and their family members is substantial, as the applicants and their family members face struggle, discrimination, eligibility questions in various walks of life due to this delay. Overview of the issue,

·         489 visa is valid for 4 years, generally most the 489 visa conditions are to be fulfilled within these period

·         Upon compliance to the two year regional stay and one year full time work, the applicants become eligible to apply. Getting a full time work in regional areas is a real struggle for the applicants, some do two or three part time roles to fulfill the conditions

·         Most of the applicants are either near to close to their 489 visa expiry or it has already expired, all the applicants receive bridging visa till the permanent visas are processed

Daily life situation,

·         Many of the applicants are on contract employment and the companies find it difficult to extend the contracts since our visa status is not clear

·         If the applicants try to apply new roles, they find them not eligible since they do not hold a valid residency status, even though they have full working rights as per immigration department. Most of the companies do not considered this as valid and it is very tedious task to       make them understand and mostly end up losing out on the opportunity

·         When these applicants go for utility services such as a basic phone contract they find themselves as not being eligible for  it due to visa constraints

·         Many of the family members struggle in educational sector since they do not have permanent residency to be eligible for educational cover

·          Some even face issues in extending their house leases due to the visa status as most agents demand the visa copy and bridging visa puts * mark on their housing applications

·         Financial services are mostly out of reach as banks do not consider such applicants where the PR is still in processing

·         Cannot plan any future travel or go out of the country as it will result in further delays

They are even many other unique and harsh situation faced by the applicants in their daily life.

All this struggle and anguish even after been in compliance to all the visa conditions and doing the hard yards of regional struggle. All these applicants have supported the regional economy across the country in all possible ways and contributed towards economic growth.

What we expect,

·         Lesser processing time of applications, as it was promised to us when we applied the 489 visa ( which was 7/8 months of PR processing)

·         Clear and transparent information about the status of the processing of applications, with clear numbers of visa applications lodged, In processing and finalized on a monthly basis along with the total cap for 887 visa to be issued by the department on an annual basis

The applicants have stood to their side of promise/statement of managing the visa conditions and being in compliance at all times, we find the department has been stretching out the timeline too far, which is impacting the daily life of these people.

The applicants have serious ramifications for any breach of visa conditions, it does not seem to have similar result on the department for extending the processing timelines 3 folds in terms of services offered. The increase have significant impact on the applicants in different walks of life. 

All these visa applicants have done everything on their own without any government benefits or welfare payments.

The only thing we demand is for the processing timeline to be reduced and clearing of applications in a swift manner.

With the introduction of new regional visa 491 effective from November 2019, it will create two classes of visa holders in regional space.

1.     A set of applicants who have struggled and worked their way through the process to find themselves stuck again in the processing delays

2.     The second set would be the new regional visa holders in a much secured position with dedicated government support to achieve the objectives

3.     We do not envy the situation and are actually glad that government has recognized the need to support people in regional areas as we understand the struggle one has to go through in a space with limited opportunities, but at the same time they should not disregard applicants who have independently achieved and complied with all the conditions and supported the government objective to support and uplift regional economic.

We humbly request you to cover this story and help us to reach out to the department to get the necessary attention and resolve this delay and struggle for all the applicants.

We look upon you with faith and hope. Your support is greatly appreciated by the group and the family members.

Your inputs and insights will be really appreciated. 

Help us to get out of this situation.

Look forward to hear back from you.

Regards,

Team 887

Really it’s a big thing and all applicant who had processing time above a year should write a email. It’s a 9 month for me but person who applied last year had a span 12 months and above go for it. We should respect to the opportunity or just blame ourself later. Please guys make some efforts so it will be easy for our families.

• Like 1

I m happy about the grants but what about those who are waiting after first contact  ...for me its been nearly 3 months  ...waiting to hear back from their side 

Applied 11june 2018 

First contact 21 june  after thatno signs. CO Nicci 

Asked afp and partner documents  i was single applicant  than after marriage informed to department i had no idea that that they will ask my wife documents as well .now i can't include her in my application .My afp was already updated  but still they asked for it

I m happy about the grants but what about those who are waiting after first contact  ...for me its been nearly 3 months  ...waiting to hear back from their side 
Applied 11june 2018 
Asked afp and partner documents  i was single applicant  than after marriage informed to department i had no idea that that they will ask my wife documents as well .now i can't include her in my application .My afp was already updated  but still they asked for it
Hi Kamal, may I know whay type of documents immigration asked for your wife?

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rantan said:

Can someone please explain why they asking randomly for new form 80, when you have uploaded it in the beginning? Is it a "must" to do now like Police certificates or do they just ask, when not completed or major changes were happening during this waiting game? Thanks!

Hi Ratan

Form 80 is mandatory for all the applicant in Visa application.

And As processing time increased 18 months, so in most cases PCC and NPC get expired.

So that's why they asked for the latest PCC and NPC. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Honey said:

Hi Ratan

Form 80 is mandatory for all the applicant in Visa application.

And As processing time increased 18 months, so in most cases PCC and NPC get expired.

So that's why they asked for the latest PCC and NPC. 

Thanks, Honey! Yes, we know that this is mandatory and we have uploaded our form 80 in June 2018 when we have applied. The question is: do we need to update it and upload a newer form 80? Thanks!

56 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Applied 11june 2018 

Hi Kamal

I applied during same time 15th Jume 2018, 1st contact by CO-Grant, on 20th June 2019. Submitted all Document on 12th July 2019.

After that no Contact from IMMI. Seems Grant has no Grant.

Thanks

Sudip

5 minutes ago, amina umar said:

i have to apply in november 2019 and m taking information on this forum

Please have a look at the FAQ on page 1477. Look for a post from HelloMan. That will help you already. If you click on {page 1506 tot 1506} on the top of this page you can easily go to page 1477 by typing in that page number.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rantan said:

Can someone please explain why they asking randomly for new form 80, when you have uploaded it in the beginning? Is it a "must" to do now like Police certificates or do they just ask, when not completed or major changes were happening during this waiting game? Thanks!

Hi there, in our case we uploaded an updated form 80 because we did few travels within 14 months of application. I suggest you do the same so they are aware on your whereabouts from the date you submitted your application. Hope this helps. 

• Like 1