887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

14 minutes ago, Dave said:

Guys, if somebody is planning to do something I.e. hiring a lawyer, count me in. Thanks 

I think we need to create an excel sheet and put some detail on it like phone numbers and names. Then we start looking for a good lawyer who has a passion to fight and win!!!

• Like 3

Hi everyone 

I just need to ask about overseas police check. I have uploaded one like 6+ months ago. 

Now its been nearly year now since I am waiting for my application. Do i need to upload a new overseas police check?

Last time when I visit overseas is around year  or two. 

Hello everyone,

I am frustrated as much as you all are. Seriously! 18-21 months is ridiculous. When I applied it in August 2018 it was 7-9 months, unbelievable.

A suggestion to all July, August and September 2018 applicants, please provide a recent AFP and if possible overseas police clearance as well. In the recent past we have seen many files were pending for 3-6 months only for AFP. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SUDIP said:

Great News,

I wish i have added my detail in your appliation !!

I applied on 15th June 2018, Last contacted on 20th June 2019 for my New born Baby's Passport, resubmitted AFP of myself and my wife, E-medical verification for baby on 12th of July.

No Response after that.

Tried to contact IMMI, but standard reply to wait 16 months before making any compalin.

Thanks

Sudip

Applied 11-5-18

first contact 10-6-19for fee documents 

still no response ! ::(((((

7 hours ago, adam said:

Applied 11-5-18

first contact 10-6-19for fee documents 

still no response ! ::(((((

Looks like they misplaced my application 🤪🤪 seems like everyone got their first contact in about 13-14 months time 

i have applied on 2/7/2018 haven’t heard anything yet 

On 9/4/2019 at 7:31 AM, Dee said:

At the time of filing application you should not have any government debt and fine is government debt. I am assuming that you should pay the whole amount before CO opens your file and delays the entire process.

These debts will not fall under commonwealth debts. I never heard anyone visa decision hold on due to fines and babk liabilities 

Guys, I made a new chart. 

Regarding the new processing times which are now 18-21 months and a few comments yesterday that COs are trying to assess the applications at a 13-14 months (for direct grant or CO contact).

That made me investigate the tracker and I did notice that the comment of CO's looking into applications around the 13-14 months mark seems fairly correct. 

Therefore I made a graph to illustrate.

I only looked at the direct grants on our tracker. As this is the moment that the files are mostlikely opened for the very first time.

On the graph on the left we have the time in months, at the bottom the application dates.

You can see clearly that at feb 18 we had a massive increase in processing time. It started even a few months before that. This explains the increase in processing times we saw the past year.

But also that since then they are trying to decrease this time again. Slowly, but steady. So we're sitting around the 12 months timeframe for first assessment now.

Does this makes sense?

Hope they can decrease the processing times again in the nearby future and that the Co's stay working to first assessment around 12-13 months mark as like they do now.

All the best everyone! Good Luck.

Capture.PNG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

It then makes sense that the processing times are at the current mark of 18-21 months. 

In case you do not have a direct grant and you need to submit additional paperwork you're looking at a delay for 4-6 months. So that actually kinda adds up to the current processing times where 75% is granted prior to 18 months and 95% prior to 21 months.

So it is really important to check multiple times that you have submitted all necessary paperwork and have updated your AFP.

I know what I'm gonna do again tonight... gonna check my paperwork all over again!

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

It then makes sense that the processing times are at the current mark of 18-21 months. 

In case you do not have a direct grant and you need to submit additional paperwork you're looking at a delay for 4-6 months. So that actually kinda adds up to the current processing times where 75% is granted prior to 18 months and 95% prior to 21 months.

So it is really important to check multiple times that you have submitted all necessary paperwork and have updated your AFP.

I know what I'm gonna do again tonight... gonna check my paperwork all over again!

evenif you check all the required documents but there are some cases they still get back and asked for additional docs. like someone in here, they already renewed Police check still be asked again :)). 

unbelievable COs .

46 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

With kids medical have to wait for co😩

Correct that some applications have to wait longer or some have to submit docs that were already submitted or updated. Unfortunately, having to include a newborn takes also more time to process. I didn't factor in any of those parameters in my graph because the processing time after a first contact fluctuates strongly. 

As said, I only looked into the direct grants - whereas in my understanding it is a good indication for 1st contact by CO. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Abyssiniancat said:

Good morning everyone, just post a question if anyone knows:  if I upload a file through by immi account would my agent receives any notification from their end? 

First and foremost if your agent has filed your visa then he has the authorization to upload documents.I dont know whether you will be able to upload file or not but if you are then also he will be able to see. Its better that you talk to your agent.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Abyssiniancat said:

Good morning everyone, just post a question if anyone knows:  if I upload a file through by immi account would my agent receives any notification from their end? 

He doesn’t get any notification for uploading a document except updating details like address or passport details but he can see a uploaded document in attachments of your file in his Immi account.

• Thanks 1