887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 hours ago, adam said:

I allied today to complain and I am nearly 16 months and they didn’t take my compliant as the lady said that 90% of applicants is due on 17 months to be processed !!

reaching out to the ministers, by visiting their individual website would be a option,  which would consist of their contact info.. it will be more of a direct approach or copy them when you write to complaints at least get attention in a right manner. 

2 hours ago, March9th2019 said:

Finally guys

i have lodge my file March 2019. And my file hasn’t been opened, because it’s still under processing times.  

A big thanks to all the group members and their suggestions

Date of lodgement : 08/03/2019

Grant date : soon

CO: soon

love you all

Like your spirit Trump , Hopefully they'll make processing times great again !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Skaur said:

I have got a fine for using phone on red light even my car was in park gear. So my question is that is that alright if I pay fine in installments?

At the time of filing application you should not have any government debt and fine is government debt. I am assuming that you should pay the whole amount before CO opens your file and delays the entire process.

1 hour ago, Dee said:

At the time of filing application you should not have any government debt and fine is government debt. I am assuming that you should pay the whole amount before CO opens your file and delays the entire process.

Hi dee, if my spouse owes tuition fee to a government tafe, which is payable by six installments for which we receive an invoice every 4 months, and if we are paying each instalment with a weekly payment plan at the moment. Do you know if this is considered a debt to commonwealth? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dee said:

Thanks for replying dee. I applied on 1/11/18 so i am not expecting grant anytime soon 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dee said:

@Skaur Fines are usually State Government affairs. It's NOT a debt to the Commonwealth. The application asks whether you have any debt to the Commonwealth.

Not advising to dodge fines, but no one will have problems with their application by having outstanding fines

3 minutes ago, kV-IsMyShortName said:

@Skaur Fines are usually State Government affairs. It's NOT a debt to the Commonwealth. The application asks whether you have any debt to the Commonwealth.

Not advising to dodge fines, but no one will have problems with their application by having outstanding fines

Thanks for reply. I applied for 887 in November and got fine only yesterday so I hope I won't have any problems 

2 hours ago, dar8 said:

Hi dee, if my spouse owes tuition fee to a government tafe, which is payable by six installments for which we receive an invoice every 4 months, and if we are paying each instalment with a weekly payment plan at the moment. Do you know if this is considered a debt to commonwealth? 

No that is not considered as debt to government. It is primarily tax related, penalty related payments. To be on the safer side I would still recommend checking with immi. 

52 minutes ago, Fino said:

They said they are currently assessing applications submitted before July 2018.

I truly hope that all applicants prior to July 2018 will receive their grants soon. I truly do. No problem there. 

But still, we need to see grants. If they say they are assessing, where are the grants then? 

The waiting line needs to move forward, not piling up.

So frustrated today. Sorry folks. As said, we all lose it sometimes. 

I need to see some light. Please post a grant today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am planning to lodge my 887 visa in Dec 2019, Can I generate HAP ID for my 1 year old girl even before starting 887 visa application online to save time as I believe it takes time to get HAP ID once you have lodged the visa since you have to wait for CO to provide one which only happens after initial contact by CO around 12-15 months.

1 hour ago, Fino said:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887

They said they are currently assessing applications submitted before July 2018.

Good! This mean they are back from holidays or just wake up from sleeping. Actually they have no choice, according to the news, Petter Dutton is the cheif culprit.   

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-29/bleak-outlook-for-home-affairs-staff-morale/11461442   

Bleak outlook for Home Affairs morale, as staff report dissatisfaction with work and leadership

WeChat Image_20190904124053.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I could not help myself to make a new graph showing all grants from the start of the tracker. - just to clear my mind a bit and find some positiveness.

Hope it helps in any way.

We note in the past 4-5 months there has been an increase in grants overall as these months were reaching or going over the line of 20 grants/month. And that is something we did not see the previous months/years.

So there is an increase in grants per month which is great but on the other hand we do know the backlog is getting bigger and processing times have been increasing over the past year which makes it strange again.

Most likely that is because more people are getting onto this forum an putting their name on the tracker so when granted they are added up also in the grants per month.

Anyway. Seeing the 20 grants per month line getting reached each month does brighten my day a little.

Let's hope September will be at least the same.

Capture.PNG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Hi everyone,

I am a  silent follower of this thread.

I've got the most exciting news to share!

Our family got golden email this morning!!! 

Applied 29 June 2018

Direct grant 4 September

CO Wilson

Submitted new AFP and kids passports that were due to expire 

Complained twice in August 

Good luck to everyone and wish you all to get your PR soon

• Like 21

4 minutes ago, madmax said:

Hi everyone,

Applied 29 June 2018

Direct grant 4 September

CO Wilson

Congratulations! Definitely what I needed today! A grant! Whoohoo!!! Enjoy!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, madmax said:

Hi everyone,

Applied 29 June 2018

Direct grant 4 September

CO Wilson

Big Congratulations mate, 

Do you mind sharing with us, what did you write in compliant twice? Thank you