887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 minutes ago, 887:- 24/12/2018 said:

I lodge my application from agent and they haven’t request for HAP ID yet!!( baby is 4 months old and agent is planing to request HAP-ID in first week of October). They are even confused 🤔🤔🤔 why file open so early!!!

Although I rather see some progress in the files chronologically, I am still happy for you that you're file has been opened. Good luck and hoping for a fast grant for all of us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Ashi said:

Thank you for response @ JayK, however I tried still it above the limit.

Photo ID is real challenge and other salary slips..I am not able to contain them in 5MB....

@Dee, @Katie, @Russki, all other seniors.....extend your help.

Hi Ashi, you can try reduce/compress the size of your doc using some free website. You can even merge multiple files into one. I have been using ilovepdf.com (I'm sure there are others too) to merge some doc into 1 file (eg payslips, bank statements) and compressed some very big megapixel files... I think it's easy to use.

Hope this helps

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Saar said:

I haven”t create that. One of the consultant suggest me to create but I didn”t. you can create on Immi account but you have to click on I haven”t applied the visa yet. All the consultant to on the same way to create hapID. Go to New application and on health declaration you have to fill up all the information.  

If you click I already applied for visa then you can”t create that. 

Thanks for that 

28 minutes ago, PJT said:

Hi Everyone, 

Finally found a forum for 887. 

Me and my wife lodged 887 visa (i was in 489 visa with family sponsorship) on 27th June 2019.

Waiting for the Case officer. 

Does anyone had a recent luck with case officer updates.

Thanks,

Pradip

Hello and welcome to the forum; as per current trend CO is getting in touch with the applicant after 10 -13 months or even more of filing application. In lots of cases you might get direct grant and will not even come to know when CO got assigned. All the best!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PJT said:

Hi Everyone, 

Me and my wife lodged 887 visa (i was in 489 visa with family sponsorship) on 27th June 2019.

Thanks,

Pradip

Glad you found us.

As per the current trend, unfortunately, it is taking more than 14 months to get the grant. 

Don't worry about your decision, it will be fine but its just that we are on their least priority. At the start of this year, they had cleared the citizenship backlog, we had a bit of happy time in between where grants were raining and then again I believe now they are snowed under with 489. 

I've been waiting for 13 months myself, really disappointed and to be honest not really keen to follow any updates or do any complaints because I don't think any of it is working. They will make us wait as long as they want. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, PJT said:

Hi Everyone, 

Thanks,

Pradip

Hi welcome to the forum, base on the current timeframe, your case should be assign at around June 2020 the earliest. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, copy said:

Applied 19-2-18

first contact 24th June

complained twice and called twice=standard answers 

don’t know what to do 🤦🏽‍♂️

Keep going mate! I have called/complained several times though my waiting time just about 7 months. I think i am not that patient ,  hope my real feeling heard, if they are able to transposition and think, even 7 months is far more enough. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Seacity112 said:

Keep going mate! I have called/complained several times though my waiting time just about 7 months. I think i am not that patient ,  hope my real feeling heard, if they are able to transposition and think, even 7 months is far more enough. 

Hey - what is the response when you call; for me its been 6 months only but my daughter has to go to Uni next year and i really dont want to pay International fee. TIA

• Like 1

Just now, Dee said:

Hey - what is the response when you call; for me its been 6 months only but my daughter has to go to Uni next year and i really dont want to pay International fee. TIA

Customer Service from Feedback Center are quite good. I told them i don't need the information being public already, so they told me , better formally complaint letter to them, and contact local MP. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ashi said:

Thank you for response @ JayK, however I tried still it above the limit.

Photo ID is real challenge and other salary slips..I am not able to contain them in 5MB....

@Dee, @Katie, @Russki, all other seniors.....extend your help.

I use acrobat DC Pro , there is a 7 day trial , i scanned all my payslips (60) , there is a combine files function in there which let you scan multiple files directly from the scanner and then can even rearrange afterwards , All my files after combining were below 5 mb , however it also has a reduce file size function when you go to save my file as stage so if it's more than 5 mb you can use this. I bought a 1 month subscription after the trial and going to use it till im done uploading docs.  it was very useful and i don't want to upload identification and any of sensitive documents to an online site 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seacity112 said:

Customer Service from Feedback Center are quite good. I told them i don't need the information being public already, so they told me , better formally complaint letter to them, and contact local MP. 

Ok that means we should sent a complaint letter....i was thinking of doing that next month and wanted to mention the hassle of International fee etc. Do keep us updated if you raise complaint and get any response.....much appreciated...all the best

22 minutes ago, Seacity112 said:

Thanks mate we’ll do. It’s frustrating and confusing 😑

1 minute ago, Dee said:

Ok that means we should sent a complaint letter....i was thinking of doing that next month and wanted to mention the hassle of International fee etc. Do keep us updated if you raise complaint and get any response.....much appreciated...all the best

Just to give you guys a reality check, I wrote a letter to them before the birth of my little one when I was 7 months to my waiting time. 

I explained to them that I'm going through the financial crunch and I need to get some financial assistance which requires PR. 

After that, I had a quick chat with a customer service representative who told me that my letter was received and considered. 

But guess what here I'm still waiting for the decision. 

• Confused 1

Hi everyone 

I am a silent follower of this forum, but now so much frustrated and couldn’t stop myself to post here my case. 

Applied 14/01/2018 

CO first contact June 2018 asking for more evidence showing 2 years stay in Adelaide, 1 year of work and home country PC. I submitted all the documents in timeframe. 

My daughter born 05-07-2018 

notify immigration on time. But due to some issues I was unable to submit my daughter passport on time. CO contacted for daughter passport in November 2018 and submitted it in 1st week of December.

01/05/2019 daughter was granted with bridging visa, and CO asked for AFP and police check of home country. Submitted them on time. Till then no contact yet, i have called them couple of time, request them for my daughter medical request, but they asked me to wait... 

it’s been more than 3 months, i am still waiting for daughter medical request and more than 19 months for grant. No idea how much more time immigration dept will take, it seems i am still 2-3 months away from grant. 

Thanks 

MO 

4 minutes ago, Dee said:

They indicate that formal complaint letter is helpful when waiting time hits a certain level. But i just feel for me 7 months is the level i can complain, or otherwise they could try to be await for something critically important for their whole family 6-7 months. Would they be able to complain or ask an appeal?  We are just human beings....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, iumaromi said:

Hi everyone 

I am a silent follower of this forum, but now so much frustrated and couldn’t stop myself to post here my case. 

Applied 14/01/2018 

CO first contact June 2018 asking for more evidence showing 2 years stay in Adelaide, 1 year of work and home country PC. I submitted all the documents in timeframe. 

My daughter born 05-07-2018 

notify immigration on time. But due to some issues I was unable to submit my daughter passport on time. CO contacted for daughter passport in November 2018 and submitted it in 1st week of December.

01/05/2019 daughter was granted with bridging visa, and CO asked for AFP and police check of home country. Submitted them on time. Till then no contact yet, i have called them couple of time, request them for my daughter medical request, but they asked me to wait... 

it’s been more than 3 months, i am still waiting for daughter medical request and more than 19 months for grant. No idea how much more time immigration dept will take, it seems i am still 2-3 months away from grant. 

Thanks 

MO 

Please submit a complaint here: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-and-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/complaints-compliments-and-suggestions

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seacity112 said:

They indicate that formal complaint letter is helpful when waiting time hits a certain level. But i just feel for me 7 months is the level i can complain, or otherwise they could try to be await for something critically important for their whole family 6-7 months. Would they be able to complain or ask an appeal?  We are just human beings....

Be aware mate, if you complain before you reach the upper limit of processing time, they will not take you seriously. Moreover, they won't consider your further complains. You have one shot. just shot it at the right time.

2 minutes ago, Freddy said:

Be aware mate, if you complain before you reach the upper limit of processing time, they will not take you seriously. Moreover, they won't consider your further complains. You have one shot. just shot it at the right time.

I allied today to complain and I am nearly 16 months and they didn’t take my compliant as the lady said that 90% of applicants is due on 17 months to be processed !!

• Sad 1