1 hour ago, joshwaitaminnit said:

Hi All.

Just got my PR Grant Notification...

Applied 07/11 2017

First contact CO Adm May 2018

Second Contact CO Adam Oct 2018

Third Contact May 2019 CO Sophorn

Grant Today 26 Nov 2019 CO Wilson

Please update Excel...i am extremely grateful to @Russki for her kindness and encouragement!! She messaged and checked up on me regularly and was always reassuring!! I am forver in your debt.

What a relief mate. Almost 22 months in the cage. Enjoy your life and go for a long tour.

1 hour ago, joshwaitaminnit said:

Hi All.

Just got my PR Grant Notification...

Applied 07/11 2017

First contact CO Adm May 2018

Second Contact CO Adam Oct 2018

Third Contact May 2019 CO Sophorn

Grant Today 26 Nov 2019 CO Wilson

Please update Excel...i am extremely grateful to @Russki for her kindness and encouragement!! She messaged and checked up on me regularly and was always reassuring!! I am forver in your debt.

Fantastic news mate, I am glad your wait is over

36 minutes ago, Maxzone said:

Immigration is working on other file, only 887 got long processing time. Feels like we are in a trap. 615e6b244e01a08feb355d53de1a1cd0.jpg

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

This is - - - - - - up man been struggling for a bloody Pr for 12 years every one had done good out of their life me stuck here sill in shit I guess more like me here I wish co could feel and see how we all are in hard times and could may understand that how this is affecting all of us waiting for years 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi all,

I am Lalit, a silent follower of this forum

Applied 887 :     1st of August 2018 

Appplicant(s) :     1) Shilpa - my wife - Primary applicant          2) Lalit - Dependent 

Immi Status :    Receieved

Query 1 : Updated earlier police clearance certificates for both of us : AFP - issued in Feb 2018 and Indian PCC - issued in March 2018 ., 
Should I be applying for new PCC for us and update Immi? Suggest please.

Query 2 : I was primary applicant earlier for 489 from India and had PTE score which expired. Now I am dependent applicant for 887 and
have submitted proof my medium of Instruction as English for my PhD., therefore submitted letter from university stating same. 
Will this be enough or should I be giving a English test too?

Shilpa (Primary applicant) has taken IELTS exam in Jun 2018, overall score 8.0 updated in Immi. 

Responses much appreciated. Many thanks and great work, all. Good luck and God speed 

• Thanks 1

Hi Guys,
I have been a silent follower of this forum. 
Applied date - 22/2/2018 
CO- Issued S-47 natural justice letter / short of 2 months 
Withdrew my application and reapplied on 20/07/2019 
Currently on BVA and helpless. 

Hi That’s shocking.. what does mean by short of 2 months...? Hav u applied before completion of 2 years in regional area ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Rantan said:

This whole process is like a lottery game in the meantime and I wouldn't be surprised when they start granting September'18 applications now after that new announcement...

I'm really wondering and very concerned about what they are "planning" to do with all the applicants from Jan to June 2018??? If they not changing their "strategy" pretty soon we will all ending up on a Bridging Visa...

You are very true 

1 hour ago, sanchit said:

Hi Guys,

I have been a silent follower of this forum. 

Applied date - 22/2/2018 

CO- Issued S-47 natural justice letter / short of 2 months 

Withdrew my application and reapplied on 20/07/2019 

Currently on BVA and helpless. 

What happened mate? If you have your 489 visa granted at least 22/2/2016, and your application date for 887 is 22/2/2018. And if you are NOT travel overseas or outside of your regional area for more than 4 weeks each year, you are still eligible for the residency requirements. Correct me if I'm wrong. Or what happened? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Surendrakumar said:

Congrats man

I applied on 27/12/17

First Co July 2018

Second Co Oct 2018

Third Co April 2019

Waiting for final email 

Question for you is, once you submitted AFP first time then they asked you to renew it again? 

Can you answer Pl. 

Thanks

You need to update AFP every 12 months period of time. AFP Expired after 12 months. 

5 hours ago, Shokar said:

Hi guys, can someone please tell me that if I was overseas for 8 weeks after moving into regional area on 489. Does those 8 weeks can be counted in two years time to apply 887? Thanks

It would be an ideal decision to lodge 887 after 2years and 2 months.  And don't forget to get your PC from overseas. 

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

On September IMMI invited 100 for 189 and 100 for 489, the numbers dropped a lot, 5% from last year, used to be 2000 invitation a month. Do you guys think that is good for time framing? Australia getting struggle for migration.... We need to be proud ourselves to get in when was reasonable. Just look everything for the bright side. Cheers and good luck for us. Happy Friday!!!

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Guil said:

Hi all,

On September IMMI invited 100 for 189 and 100 for 489, the numbers dropped a lot, 5% from last year, used to be 2000 invitation a month. Do you guys think that is good for time framing? Australia getting struggle for migration.... We need to be proud ourselves to get in when was reasonable. Just look everything for the bright side. Cheers and good luck for us. Happy Friday!!!

Agree with you mate, I like your positive attitude. We are here and it is now very difficult for others to get into Oz. Let's count our blessings and hope our grants come soon enough.

• Like 2

On 9/25/2019 at 3:50 PM, AJEETS said:

This health undertaking is free of charge. it is different from regular Medical examination required for immigration purposes. regular medical was done before she got 489. in that medical if there something not major enough to decline visa they grant the visa after parent signs health undertaking. this undertaking states that parent has to take the child for medical assessment after they arrive in Australia. It was arranged by Bupa but was done a govt hospital free of charge. Am okay getting this done again but the thing is that last time it took 3 months to get an appointment and now i only have 28 days to respond to what CO has asked. fingers crossed, have called and explained everything to home affairs contact line and they are taking it up internally with processing team. eagerly waiting for them to respond.

Just an update guys.. Hospital accepted their mistake and they have sent the results now to immigration. All done. Waiting for golden email now. 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guys I think the processing time is purely base on that particular month’s performance.

For example,

They haven’t processed any 189 applications in the last few weeks, which leads to a significant increase in processing time, from 7 - 8 last month to 11 - 22 months, but I think once they start processing the applications again, the time will decrease.

Another example is 190, they reduced the processing time from 10 - 15 months to 9 - 10 months, because they were focusing on 489 and 190 in August , so the time reduces significantly.

As for 887, the processing time again increase is because they processed very little applications in August, but I think September has improved a bit, so I guess next month the processing time should drop a bit, but not by much.

So in conclusion, 19 - 22 months is not a forecasted processing time, I believe 13 - 14 months is the direct grand timeframe, because they indicated they are currently working on application before August 2018.

So do not panic too much, all we can do is double checking our documents, make sure everything is competed and up to date, arm for a direct grant.

Remember the processing time is just a time to reflect the past performance, but not a forecasting, let’s hope the future will be better.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Guys I think the processing time is purely base on that particular month’s performance.

For example,

They haven’t issued any 189 applications in The last few weeks, which lead to a significant increase in processing time, from 7 - 8 last month to 11 - 22 months, but I think once they start process the application again, the time will decrease.

Another example is 190, they reduced the processing time from 10 - 15 months to 9 - 10 months, because they were focusing on 489 and 190 in August , so the time reduce significantly.

As for 887, the processing time again increase is because they processed very little applications in August, but I think September has improved a bit, so I guess next month the processing time should drop a bit, but not by much.

So in conclusion, 19 - 22 months is not a forecasted processing time, I believe 13 - 14 months is the direct grand timeframe, because they indicated they are currently working on application before August 2018.

So do not panic too much, all we can do is double checking our documents, make sure everything is competed and up to date, arm for a direct grant.

Remember the processing time is just a time to reflect the past performance, but not a forecasting, let’s hope the future will be better.

Totally agree with you @nudgee . Processing time doesn't reflect the future. The only issue with increased processing time is that when you call to complain, they tell you "you can't complain as you still withing the processing time"

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, nudgee said:

For example,

They haven’t processed any 189 applications in the last few weeks, which leads to a significant increase in processing time, from 7 - 8 last month to 11 - 22 months, but I think once they start processing the applications again, the time will decrease.

Another example is 190, they reduced the processing time from 10 - 15 months to 9 - 10 months, because they were focusing on 489 and 190 in August , so the time reduces significantly.

Guys, on the processing time received some guidance from a professional Lawyer/Mara agent.

They also agreed what we are doing is fair and reasonable to resolve the situation in the best interest of everyone. 

Do we have any contacts with to take this to next level ?  - MPs, Senators and peak bodies such as the MIA, MA, Regional Australia

Hi Team 887

My apologies for the delayed in responding.

We have discussed this in our firm and think it is highly beneficial for you to be organising as you have done.

We  suggest that you prepare a submission outlining your predicament and start promoting your cause to MPs, Senators and peak bodies such as the MIA, MA, Regional Australia Institute, Scanlon Foundation etc

It would have been helpful to take part in the recent enquiry into this matter, but unfortunately the deadline has passed: https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Joint/Migration/RegionalMigration/Submissions 

Nonetheless, it would be useful for you to follow up this inquiry.

We also repeat the suggestion made previously, that you try and enlist media support.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1