887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

18 hours ago, etsiworm said:

Hi Ninolaine, i came from PH too. And i have submitted my hubby’s English as their medium of instruction when we applied 489 with nil issues. And resubmitted again when i lodged our 887 Last Sep 2019. 

Crossing my fingers they will not request a test of english for my hubby.

Goodluck. 

Hi, we have submitted the same letter for 489, though wife sat the ielts then and submitted that one as well, so honestly I can't be sure now if there is something wrong with the letter. It should have been accepted but when CO requests it and decided not to give a direct grant there's really nothing we can do. It's the risk we took and crossed our fingers too, so a little bit of regret there. Wife could've just sit the test and we could've got the grant now. 

8 minutes ago, ninolaine said:

Hi, we have submitted the same letter for 489, though wife sat the ielts then and submitted that one as well, so honestly I can't be sure now if there is something wrong with the letter. It should have been accepted but when CO requests it and decided not to give a direct grant there's really nothing we can do. It's the risk we took and crossed our fingers too, so a little bit of regret there. Wife could've just sit the test and we could've got the grant now. 

I submitted my wife's 4 years degree certificate, transcript, and a Language confirmation letter from the uni. for 489, and hoping to attach the same for 887 application next month. Does it matter if we do IELTS after applying 887, as she is not in Australia for the moment, and will be here prior to lodgment. 

13 minutes ago, DVR said:

I submitted my wife's 4 years degree certificate, transcript, and a Language confirmation letter from the uni. for 489, and hoping to attach the same for 887 application next month. Does it matter if we do IELTS after applying 887, as she is not in Australia for the moment, and will be here prior to lodgment. 

Yes you can complete the IELTS test after the 887 application, as long as the results are within 1 year of the application, either way

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Yes

Cool, thanks for the clarification. It seems like it does depend on CO(s). Some are happy with degree certs, transcripts, but some don't. Unfortunately, we can't argue about it except getting it done 😥 

Edited by DVR

18 hours ago, trx said:

If you have waited 19 months i would suggest you lodge a complaint and mention in that your wife needs to visit to take care of her seriously ill father and that they consider finalising your visa as due to your current 489 visa expiring in June you are struggling to make necessary travel arrangements in order for her to be by her fathers side at this time of need,  as you have reached processing times they might consider it. Attach any medical documents of her father if possible. 

Hi,

I have tried that, they don’t care.

Probably try obdusman.

1 hour ago, DVR said:

Cool, thanks for the clarification. It seems like it does depend on CO(s). Some are happy with degree certs, transcripts, but some don't. Unfortunately, we can't argue about it except getting it done 😥 

Its seems like a risky issue. Submitting an IELTS result may just avoid delays. Whether the CO's are right or wrong, the process of demonstrating this may delay your grant.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, 06/08/2018 said:

Grant 

late post

got grant on 11/2/20 @6:52 pm

applied 6/8/18- 2 applicant no kid

first contact 29/10/19

alot complaints but didn’t work...no point making complaints if your processing time is not expired(above current processing time), i mean if it is under current processing time.

good luck all

Some information regarding spouse English 

1) 4.5 each band with overall 4.5

2) if you have submitted valid English(ielts/pte/other) at the time of application— you are ok, no need to stress 

3) if you submitted English evidence after application, test given after application, if you just have 4.5 each with overall and if that test report is more than one year when co looks your application - they will ask new English test/evidence. 
in such situation give another test and be ready 
do not mix up the things and blame co, they look legislations and legislation says

- either at the time of application or at the time of processing your English must be valid

if you don’t take action, it’s your fault.

i am about to complete my migraition agent course and I have learned it from there.

my husband was sick that’s why i paid $4895 as 2nd vac instead of ielts/pte to speed up process.

it is purely upto you guys 

good luck

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 06/08/2018 said:

Grant 

late post

first contact 29/10/19

alot complaints but didn’t work...no point making complaints if your processing time is not expired(above current processing time), i mean if it is under current processing time.

good luck all

Congratulations mate

Who is ur CO 

27 minutes ago, Dee said:

Last time someone initiated talks with SBS on delays in granting PR; can we do that again please🙏

I’m one of the applicant in the news and have been in touch with journalist who helped us. I tried to push him for a follow-up story with no success.

His email address is Shamsher.Kainth@sbs.com.au

Give it a try. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, 06/08/2018 said:

2) if you have submitted valid English(ielts/pte/other) at the time of application— you are ok, no need to stress 

3) if you submitted English evidence after application, test given after application, if you just have 4.5 each with overall and if that test report is more than one year when co looks your application - they will ask new English test/evidence. 
do not mix up the things and blame co, they look legislations and legislation says

- either at the time of application or at the time of processing your English must be valid

i am about to complete my migraition agent course and I have learned it from there.

my husband was sick that’s why i paid $4895 as 2nd vac instead of ielts/pte to speed up process.

good luck

Thanks for the info. How about providing 4 years university degree, transcripts, and letter from univ (same documents submitted for 489) ? would they be enough ? 🙄

45 minutes ago, 06/08/2018 said:

good luck

Hi 0, Since you are studying migration course, how does it define spouse's living requirement ? my wife went back to have our baby delivered (confinement) and will be here by the time when we are going to apply 887. 🙄

1 minute ago, DVR said:

Hi 0, Since you are studying migration course, how does it define spouse's living requirement ? my wife went back to have our baby delivered (confinement) and will be here by the time when we are going to apply 887. 🙄

One of the applicant must meet primary criteria(2yrs living and 1 yr full time work).

if your spouse is not the  main applicant to fulfilling primary criteria and living overseas for valid reason, there shouldn’t be any issues

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 06/08/2018 said:

One of the applicant must meet primary criteria(2yrs living and 1 yr full time work).

if your spouse is not the  main applicant to fulfilling primary criteria and living overseas for valid reason, there shouldn’t be any issues

You are a wonderful person, thanks for the information  😊

4 hours ago, 06/08/2018 said:

Grant 

late post

first contact 29/10/19

good luck all

Congratulation alot. 

but you are still in processing time.

Mine application is 17/07/2018 On complaint they said you are still in 90% of processing time. means after 3 days from today i will be completing 19 months in total. then will complaint again.