887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

23 minutes ago, charithamadu said:

Congratulations 🍾🎈 those who got their grants. Applied 30 Dec 2018. 

1st Contact - 27 th April and waiting !! Checking my email every 2 minutes. 😢

What kind of things ask co during your first contact .

I have applied 30th dec 2018 but no contact by co....

Thanks 

4 minutes ago, Walk said:

What kind of things ask co during your first contact .

I have applied 30th dec 2018 but no contact by co....

Thanks 

They Asked to Fill form 1399 for me and my partner.

My partner paid for English during 489 Application and she is eligible for free tution on her arrival. They asked evidence of enrollment.

Hi everyone,

I submitted 887 on 09/10/2018,

first contact 30/12/2019 asked for AFP and submitted on 10/01/2020.., still no response. CO: Wilson.

and I came to india on 14/03/2020 and stuck here with corona pandemic waiting for boarders to open to come back Australia.

my question is am I still have a chance to get my PR or need to wait until I come back? And my 489 is expiring in July last week.

please advise what to do.

TIA. 

9 minutes ago, Ramz said:

Hi everyone,

first contact 30/12/2019 asked for AFP and submitted on 10/01/2020.., still no response. CO: Wilson.

and I came to india on 14/03/2020 and stuck here with corona pandemic waiting for boarders to open to come back Australia.

my question is am I still have a chance to get my PR or need to wait until I come back? And my 489 is expiring in July last week.

TIA. 

I think the best thing to do is contact Home Affairs (call them) and explain your situation. They will give you the best advise (and at least you will have something to refer to that is from an official source).

As far as I know you will only be granted your 887 once you are on-shore, but you could be given a pre-grant in the meantime, however you may need to activate your Bridging Visa B while overseas.  But having said all that, it's very important to contact the department and push this with them.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-and-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/complaints-compliments-and-suggestions

Edited by BoddyFam

2 hours ago, Ramz said:

Hi everyone,

and I came to india on 14/03/2020 and stuck here with corona pandemic waiting for boarders to open to come back Australia.

my question is am I still have a chance to get my PR or need to wait until I come back? And my 489 is expiring in July last week.

TIA. 

I have same situation. I am.stuck overseas. My 489 is expiring in next 15 days. I have applied for 887. 

12 minutes ago, Qasim Javed said:

I have same situation. I am.stuck overseas. My 489 is expiring in next 15 days. I have applied for 887. 

We don’t get bridging visa while in overseas  after 489 expires ..., and some says we don’t get grants for 887 when we are in overseas.

am waiting for international flights to start to reach Aus ASAP.

covid-19 put us in a big rick.

dont know what to do...hmm

Prime Minister's statement about migration levels
---------------------------------------------------------------

We have listened to the audio of the PMs statement today about migration dropping 85% for 2020/21 compared to 2018/19 and he states the figures are referring to "Net overseas migration".

This is VERY important as this is NOT the annual migration program of 160,000. Rather it refers to long term stays in Australia of 12 months in any 16 months period

See the definition here :
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/research-and-statistics/statistics/visa-statistics/live/net-overseas-migration

So it refers also to students, temporary workers, working holiday makers etc who are now restricted through border controls from coming to Australia in the forseeable future.

That would come as a relief to those wanting permanent residence as it is not suggesting the 160,000 migration program will be reduced by 85%. Although that number will likely reduce by a lesser so far unannounced figure.

8 minutes ago, jahidul said:

Hlo guys , 

I applyed my 887 through  a migration agent , so if i want to upload any documents can i do it , there will be any problem for it ? and can i lodge   a complaint by myself ?

Anyone have any idea?

You have to upload documents by your agent. 
You can lodge a complaint by yourself 

2 hours ago, Qasim Javed said:

Same situation Mate, struck in London. Kindly update us in this forum, if any one has any updated information.