887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

44 minutes ago, nina said:

Grant

applied on 2-2-2019

first contact 23-4-2020  requesting police check 

Grant @5pm 11/5/2020

Good luck, everyone 😊

Congrats, thats great news. This is almost exactly like me. Also applied 2/2/2019 - and got contacted on the 23/4/2020 for detail around travel. My CO was Lisa. Who is your CO?

They would have cleared all the February applications by now if COs can do their work properly and not asking for primary English evidences.

Its just common sense that primary applicants’ English ability have already been assessed when they applied for 489, they should have competent English but CO think people will downgrade to functional English after 2 years of staying in the bush? So disappointing.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, nudgee said:

They would have cleared all the February applications by now if COs can do their work properly and not asking for primary English evidences, so disappointing

i read full 887 visa details in legislation there is nowhere written about english requirement ... its against  legislation

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kreepaparajul said:

What Lisa asked about your travel detail???

Yes. Even though I had given all of that detail in the Form 80! She also specifically asked if I have since went home (south African). Which is BS, because I haven't, but also because just because its taking forever for them to process applications, doesn't mean we should have to answer for the time that they weren't able to process the visa. 

What did she ask from you?

They would have cleared all the February applications by now if COs can do their work properly and not asking for primary English evidences.

Its just common sense that primary applicants’ English ability have already been assessed when they applied for 489, they should have competent English but CO think people will downgrade to functional English after 2 years of staying in the bush? So disappointing.

If the request is for functional English, then it is essential for us all to upload our degree certificate as evidence. Just don’t give them any reason to further delay our applications

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, BoddyFam said:

Yes. Even though I had given all of that detail in the Form 80! She also specifically asked if I have since went home (south African). Which is BS, because I haven't, but also because just because its taking forever for them to process applications, doesn't mean we should have to answer for the time that they weren't able to process the visa. 

What did she ask from you?

Further Rental proof, experience letter from employer, as I haven’t included stat dec before and I was living in the accommodation provided by my employer while I was working. 

• Like 1

I am just wondering, for those primary applicants who were asked to provide English, have you studied in Australia before? Maybe CO only ask those coming from oversea on a 489. Dunno what’s the logic behind. I completed uni here and I was not asked to provide any English.

• Like 1

I am just wondering, for those primary applicants who were asked to provide English, have you studied in Australia before? Maybe CO only ask those coming from oversea on a 489. Dunno what’s the logic behind. I completed uni here and I was not asked to provide any English.

I reckoned that’s right,people who got their 489 based on family sponsored or direct from overseas

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and just completing my 2 years this June.

I have a few questions regarding my eligibility to apply to 887 visa:

1. I went out of the country for exactly 4 weeks and I understand that it is not an issue for the 2-year completion (by referring to various non- government websites). Is this correct and if so could you kindly share the relevant location (URL) for this in government website?  
  2. My family is not completing 2 years together with me, but again as I understand this is not an issue. Could you kindly share the relevant location (URL) for this in government website for this as well?

Thanks a lot!

D

Edited by Danushka

Boys, and Girls, 

Can we re-complain against a CO who is asking English Language requirement from a primary applicant? Will it have a negative impact on our grant pending ? I saw couple of similar posts that people have done the same, replying that there is no such thing for primary applicants ? I am getting my ducks in a raw 😎.. 

Thanks, 
D

1 hour ago, Patel1 said:

Hello members,

To prove functional English for primary applicant,can we provide an evidence of English medium study?
I mean transcripts of bachelor and masters.

Thank you

you can read the legislation there is nowhere mention regarding English for primary requirement

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BoddyFam said:

Congrats, thats great news. This is almost exactly like me. Also applied 2/2/2019 - and got contacted on the 23/4/2020 for detail around travel. My CO was Lisa. Who is your CO?

BoddyFam, you got your grant?

Lisa asked us for the docs too which we uploaded on 25th. No news since then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DVR said:

Boys, and Girls, 

Can we re-complain against a CO who is asking English Language requirement from a primary applicant? Will it have a negative impact on our grant pending ? I saw couple of similar posts that people have done the same, replying that there is no such thing for primary applicants ? I am getting my ducks in a raw 😎.. 

Thanks, 
D

it has been asked from few people not every one and i believe its a mistake ,,,its nowhere mention that whoever study in australia so they don't need to provide and those coming from overseas they have to provide functional for 887 as they already satisfied by getting competant english ielts band for provisional and for 887 permanent they required functional quite funny i believe 100% its a mistake otherwise they should asked competant english not a functional english requirement which is logically cannot be possible

All right

So updated yesterday already. Below is the details

Grant for Family of 3

Applied 24/07/2018

1st contact : 24/09/2019 ( Asked baby medical and wife's AFP)

updated in 5 days straight after that 

Complained twice after  that and get email form support team that your files remains in average processing but you need to update wife's AFP with all name ( Father name as middle name, that was before marriage)

Updated in January 2020

Contacted again in jan 2020, feb 2020 and got same answer every time that , WAIT you r in processing time. 

Complained in end week of  Feb 2020, got mail that you have contacted many time and we have told you same thing, so now on wards we will not reply on this matter. 

waited for whole March 2020 and April 2020.  Again in 3rd week of April  2020 asked for anything needed to finalize application, got NO REPLY

Then 2nd contact : 28/04/2020 asked for Statuary declaration for Baby's medical. Updated new one in 10 minutes 

Funny thing is i did submitted that already signed by G.P. , same day after Medical done in Sep 2019. 

Complained 30/04/2020

explained everything that document asked is already there and even new one is attached. No reply 

Again Called 131 881 and Complained on 9/5/2020 Saturday  they said mail them 

Again Complained  by mail 9/5/2020  Saturday on Skilled.Support@homeaffairs.gov.au

very next working day Monday 11/05/2020 : GRANT

• Like 5