887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

11 minutes ago, Hans said:

No, i didnt uploaded my ielts. They must have checked my 489 docs. I only submitted ielts during 489 application.... never after that. 

u should make a complaint then

how come they are checking 489 docs, results used in 489 would definitely been expired...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kevinnnn said:

If you have done studies in Australia, you can upload your degree certificate instead of taking IELTS again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No i didnt study here. I will apply for AFP and ask my agent if i can submit my bachelor's degree transcripts from overseas. Lets see how it goes

1 minute ago, Hans said:

No i didnt study here. I will apply for AFP and ask my agent if i can submit my bachelor's degree transcripts from overseas. Lets see how it goes

I think they are asking proof for functional English, thought it is not required but  a letter from College confirming the same would be sufficient...

11 minutes ago, Uetian said:

Guys,

For how long english test (PTE/IELTS) remains valid?

I took PTE which was less than 2 years old at the time of my 887 application, and it is still less than 3 years old.

If I upload now, should it be considered expired or valid? 

I am asking same question for last two days to the members but no one answered. hope some one answer ur one. 

58 minutes ago, Hans said:

Yes

20200515_140516.jpg

Guys

I am not sure whether I concluded correct or not based on my own experience and some recent document request of primary applicant English proof, but I think they are asking again to those people whose English exam result been expired when you applied for 887, etc more than 3 years after your IELTS exam

Like in my case, I have submitted Dec 2015 result at the time of 489. When I applied for 887 in march 19, it's more than 3 years. I never submitted my IELTS again, so seems like they must checked my 489 docs, same like above person.

Please let us know about situation who has been asked for IELTS for primary applicant. Also please clarify if anyone has same situation, but still they have been granted.

So we can understand their logic behind it and it will be useful for future applicants

Thanks

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CD-Waiting-For-PR said:

Guys

I am not sure whether I concluded correct or not based on my own experience and some recent document request of primary applicant English proof, but I think they are asking again to those people whose English exam result been expired when you applied for 887, etc more than 3 years after your IELTS exam

Like in my case, I have submitted Dec 2015 result at the time of 489. When I applied for 887 in march 19, it's more than 3 years. I never submitted my IELTS again, so seems like they must checked my 489 docs, same like above person.

Please let us know about situation who has been asked for IELTS for primary applicant. Also please clarify if anyone has same situation, but still they have been granted.

So we can understand their logic behind it and it will be useful for future applicants

Thanks

so u mean at the time of 887 lodge if IELTS has validity CO will not ask for it again ( what if after lodging IELTS get experied)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CD-Waiting-For-PR said:

Guys

Thanks

This is could be one of the potential reasons. Its worth checking for all current and future applicants in terms of expiry of 3 year period of English exam result. 

Again, we all only have limited information on what the applicants are informing us via this forum.But still a point to consider. 

Other option is start raising complaints around this, stating the link to departmental website which states no such reqruiement and  especially during these times to get a letter from university or college will be cumbersome process based in any country. 

one of the applicant has already raised a complaint in his response.

Hope for the best. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Salman khan said:

CO?

If they have already checked IELTS, they should have checked your Degree and Medium as well. If you provided them with your English degree details, I don't think anyone needs to upload anything again

1 hour ago, CD-Waiting-For-PR said:

Guys

Thanks

If an applicant has submitted their English degree certificate/Language confirmation letter along with IELTS, I don't think they will ask IELTS again. If they can check your IELTS from your 489 profile, they should be able to see your degree certificates as well

2 hours ago, Hans said:

No, i didnt uploaded my ielts. They must have checked my 489 docs. I only submitted ielts during 489 application.... never after that. 

How you believe that they check your 489 docs? Has they mentioned anything in the e-mail?