887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 5/18/2020 at 6:05 PM, ASH_R said:

Do British passport holders need to prove English abilitie too?

Not sure if anyone has responded to this yet so just responding anyway - If you hold a British Passport then that counts towards proving English ability. I would attach it to the immi account where it asks for functional English documents (as well as where you need to attach information about other passports (hope this all makes sense).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TTTF said:

Congrats for your grant.. Few things which needs to be considered thinking objectively are, 

1. Is your IELTS expired "on the date of 887 visa application", If yes you might be asked for functional english. IELTS - Update documentary evidence to prove FE. Remember IELTS for immigrations purposes is valid for three years. 
  2. Education, Have completed in Australia or any English Speaking countries - If yes You might not be asked for functional english. If not probably consider updating FE evidence.

If your applications  is due to be considered revisit these questions, you might avoid the unnecessary trouble.

On the subject applications processed in states other than SA are not being asked, is really a suspense to live with. Only Immigration department can answer that. One would imagine the rules of processing remains consistent across the processing areas. 

Thanks Mate

My Ielts was expired at the time of 887 lodgement and my all qualifications were completed in India.

I am happy that my application was not considered for the above while Granting the PR but I don't understand on what basis, Primary applicants are being asked to prove their language ability by the Adelaide office. All processing Offices have same work process to follow.  

36 minutes ago, Jessi said:

So what you suggest how to go about it & what words can be used . If you can help me with that it would be a great help.

Firstly address the CO requirement I would say that is in greater interest of you and your family. I am sure you would have done that already.  Because you never know where this bureaucracy will lead to and whether will come with solution or not. Plus the time involved. 

Your letter should state your case and requirements at the point of application. why you feel it is unfair for a English evidence for applicant who has been already assessed  couple of years back. Eg. It is like asking university student did you complete your primary schooling.. 

I do understand everyone feels unjust ( I have received one)  with such stuff, but practically we have very limited information on most the topics and probably its the understanding we take from any information brought forward.Is it a right interpretation or not, it is not 100% there.

For most applicants functional english can be proven with some kind of existing documents, so probably address the issue in hand first and then go about finding the root cause and addressing it  is my suggestion. 

After so many months of action in media and various other forums the processing time got attention. It will not be a overnight change. 

Plus looks like COVID-19 is blessing in disguise,   as it has lead to a situation where department has to concentrate  onshore applications as there are very less offshore applications.  Many processing centres are processing only onshore applications which has also lead to reduced processing time.  Yes we seen occasions of inconsistency in processing of applications, but things are moving at a faster pace.

The objective is to get the grant and move on with life.. Whether you get a direct grant or a grant post answering a query should not matter.

Take it easy. Best wishes. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Scorpio2011 said:

Thanks Mate

My Ielts was expired at the time of 887 lodgement and my all qualifications were completed in India.

I am happy that my application was not considered for the above while Granting the PR but I don't understand on what basis, Primary applicants are being asked to prove their language ability by the Adelaide office. All processing Offices have same work process to follow.  

Mine was a similar case.. but was asked. Looks inconsistent approach clearly. 

QLD seems easy going and practical or I should say more experienced ppl.. as i  said earlier if there is direct grant,it leads to one version of the story  and other wise. 

Good on you mate.. enjoy. 

Edited by TTTF
edit
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, TTTF said:

Firstly address the CO requirement I would say that is in greater interest of you and your family. I am sure you would have done that already.  Because you never know where this bureaucracy will lead to and whether will come with solution or not. Plus the time involved. 

Your letter should state your case and requirements at the point of application. why you feel it is unfair for a English evidence for applicant who has been already assessed  couple of years back. Eg. It is like asking university student did you complete your primary schooling.. 

I do understand everyone feels unjust ( I have received one)  with such stuff, but practically we have very limited information on most the topics and probably its the understanding we take from any information brought forward.Is it a right interpretation or not, it is not 100% there.

For most applicants functional english can be proven with some kind of existing documents, so probably address the issue in hand first and then go about finding the root cause and addressing it  is my suggestion. 

After so many months of action in media and various other forums the processing time got attention. It will not be a overnight change. 

Plus looks like COVID-19 is blessing in disguise,   as it has lead to a situation where department has to concentrate  onshore applications as there are very less offshore applications.  Many processing centres are processing only onshore applications which has also lead to reduced processing time.  Yes we seen occasions of inconsistency in processing of applications, but things are moving at a faster pace.

The objective is to get the grant and move on with life.. Whether you get a direct grant or a grant post answering a query should not matter.

Take it easy. Best wishes. 

Thank you for writing back

• Like 2

Hi

My partners passport is about to expire in three months but we are waiting for our 887 decision. Seeing at the speed they are going it might happen before it expires.so my question is would they give the 887 on that passport or ask for a new one before they give the grant?

22 minutes ago, Charizard said:

Hi

My partners passport is about to expire in three months but we are waiting for our 887 decision. Seeing at the speed they are going it might happen before it expires.so my question is would they give the 887 on that passport or ask for a new one before they give the grant?

I think you should renew now. I remember the passport must be at least six validation month before grant.