887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

32 minutes ago, Summer said:

I'm waiting for the reply of CO based on my query this morning thru their hotline at 131881. But they did not mentioned any letter or certificate from uni

You did really good by disputing their request for English language proof as it doesn’t make sense. If everyone starts disputing it then they will drop this stupid English request. 

• Like 1

Almost the same for me but with reason, 
What do you think? Any suggestion?
I hope the reply from CO after the email from IMMI hotline personnel will be favorable.
image.png.78f922769c85634ea16334d584ea53e6.png

Did you attached your ielts on the 887 application, or do they check your 489 application and found that your Ielts has expired ?
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jessi said:

It’s same with me I had already provided them with updated AFP this Jan which they didn’t check & had asked me to provide functional English proof . You need to provide them with fresh AFP as it’s valid for only one year.Its only GSM Adelaide raising such request I had already mailed them & just waiting another two days for reply else I will write to Immigration Minister to seek his intervention as there is nowhere mentioned that Primary applicant have to provide functional English proof.We had seen such request to applicant who had applied 489 from off shore.

The personnel from IMMI hotline, did not mentioned how many days the CO will reply on his email this morning forwarding my query for both AFP and english functionality. I was force to get a new AFP certificate just now to comply with CO request

Edited by Summer

6 minutes ago, nudgee said:

Did you attached your ielts on the 887 application, or do they check your 489 application and found that your Ielts has expired ?

I did not attached my old ielts taken 2014 i used when we lodge 489 visa offshore thru an agent. Reason, it is not a required documents to uploaded and no tab in IMMI specifying to upload old ielts certificate. I assumed he access my previous 489 application dated 2016. That is my assumption since it was mentioned it was 3years since before i lodged my 887 visa 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, nudgee said:

If you completed your bachelor oversea and the medium of instruction is in English. and the duration is more than 2 years, then you can use that as functional English proof, it is listed on home affairs website. However, you will need a completion letter from the uni stating medium is English

Quote from home affairs:

“you completed a degree, a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate in an institution in or outside Australia that required at least two years of full-time study and all instructions were in English”

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

Thanks again Nudgee, you are a knowledgeable person.. 😊, I have completed a degree offshore but it is a college that is affiliated with one of the major university in Australia. Basically, final year, transcript, Degree certificate, and completion letter is all from that university. You think I still do need to get a Language confirmation letter from that college in Offshore ? 

Sorry hammering you on the same topic, Sir !!  

26 minutes ago, Summer said:

Thank you guys for the feedback. Hopefully, will have a positive results on the query/dispute and help others with same concern. More than 1 year of waiting from lodging is really something...

Are you single applicant?  If not, did you provide any proof of functional  English evidence for secondary applicant?  Wish you good luck mate        

Thanks again Nudgee, you are a knowledgeable person.. [emoji4], I have completed a degree offshore but it is a college that is affiliated with one of the major university in Australia. Basically, final year, transcript, Degree certificate, and completion letter is all from that university. You think I still do need to get a Language confirmation letter from that college in Offshore ? 

Sorry hammering you on the same topic, Sir !!  

If you can still email that uni and ask them to provide you a letter clearly stating the medium of instruction is English is better, or maybe have a look your completion letter and see if it has been mentioned already. CO will not take the efforts to verify your study oversea you need to present to them nice and clear...

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, nudgee said:

If you can still email that uni and ask them to provide you a letter clearly stating the medium of instruction is English is better, or maybe have a look your completion letter and see if it has been mentioned already. CO will not take the efforts to verify your study oversea you need to present to them nice and clear...

Good man Nudgee, Thanks ☺️ .. yes, we should definitively not give CO(s) even a slim chance to come back to us, asking further documents, which delays our direct grant, which they do purposely.. 🕵️‍♀️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Summer said:

I did not attached my old ielts taken 2014 i used when we lodge 489 visa offshore thru an agent. Reason, it is not a required documents to uploaded and no tab in IMMI specifying to upload old ielts certificate. I assumed he access my previous 489 application dated 2016. That is my assumption since it was mentioned it was 3years since before i lodged my 887 visa 

I told you they are only requesting applicants who had lodged 489 offshore whereas earlier you told that you applied 489 onshore .

3 minutes ago, DVR said:

Team, 

Q.Q ? Under which section we should upload our Overseas Police Clarence ? I can't seem to find the difference between National and State/Local ? 

PCC.thumb.png.f8ae60f7e2262363fa289a1e77a3c1da.png

Sorry for being so dumb. 🙄

/Thanks, 
D

Choose National

• Thanks 1

Hi just posting again hope someome can help. I am a silent follower family of 4 applied on 18 March have been requested with further document from immigration first is daughter medical and second description about common assault shown in husband AFP and saying to submit satutary declaration does this happen with anyone can that effect our file please please reply and help us thanks

11 minutes ago, Puneetk said:

Hi just posting again hope someome can help. I am a silent follower family of 4 applied on 18 March have been requested with further document from immigration first is daughter medical and second description about common assault shown in husband AFP and saying to submit satutary declaration does this happen with anyone can that effect our file please please reply and help us thanks

Do they want a stat declaration for the common assult? doesnt make sense...?

8 minutes ago, Puneetk said:

Yes as it show in AFP so they asking the description about it in statuary declaration as in AFP nothing clear

I'm 100% not sure, I think what they are asking is a stat declaration, detailing the incident. that will give them an idea of how minor it is sort of a thing. 

3 hours ago, Summer said:

sorry for that. we applied offshore for 489 in 2016.

I had requested FOI from home affair regarding functional English is being asked from primary applicant of 887 let’s see what happens .I had also spoken to Mark from Migration Solution & he said he will raise the matter with ministers. I am planning to write to Ministers as well.Thats all I can think of doing till now.I request if anyone can help with wordings for letter to minister or any suggestion is of great help to me. At least I am not giving up.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Puneetk said:

Yes as it show in AFP so they asking the description about it in statuary declaration as in AFP nothing clear 

Write a detailed report which includes date, time , person involved-write full names , what had happened , how it happened, where it had happened , who were involved ,was the police called, who were the attending officers, was ambulance called if yes if you could provide the paramedic names.Lastly what was the result.Hope you get thru .

8 minutes ago, Jessi said:

I had requested FOI from home affair regarding functional English is being asked from primary applicant of 887 let’s see what happens .I had also spoken to Mark from Migration Solution & he said he will raise the matter with ministers. I am planning to write to Ministers as well.Thats all I can think of doing till now.I request if anyone can help with wordings for letter to minister or any suggestion is of great help to me. At least I am not giving up.  

Hi Jessi, 

I will keep you guys posted as well. Yesterday, my immi status is INITIAL ASSESSMENT when i raised the concern, this morning, it was updated to FURTHER ASSESSMENT. Hopefully, will received positive outcome from the GSM Adelaide.

Edited by Summer
  • Like 3

Inconsistency in document requests from case officers

The department has issued the clarification on their website that overseas police clearance is not required if you haven’t visited a country. However, there were a few instances where applicants have been asked to update their old overseas police clearance despite having not visited those countries, again causing further delays for applicants.

We have also noticed some confusion on documentation for english proficiency where case officers have been asking for additional documents that were not required in the official checklist on the Home Affairs website.

Should there be more clarity on the official website for these common issues in documentation? And should case officers be accountable for certain errors in requests?

Further delays after supplying additional documentation

It is fair to request additional relevant documentation for integrity checking but many visa applicants have also encountered the issue of further unexplained delays after submitting documents requested by their respective case officers. An applicant is usually given 28 days to supply documents but it has been evident that many of them do not hear back from their case officers more than 6 months after. We hope that the department would likewise ​take the accountability of getting back to applicants in a timely manner​.

Please see the above emails which was written by some members a few weeks ago and I have sent it to the minister and home affairs but no response. You can maybe add more details about the functional English part
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, nudgee said:

The department has issued the clarification on their website that overseas police clearance is not required if you haven’t visited a country. However, there were a few instances where applicants have been asked to update their old overseas police clearance despite having not visited those countries, again causing further delays for applicants.

We have also noticed some confusion on documentation for english proficiency where case officers have been asking for additional documents that were not required in the official checklist on the Home Affairs website.

Should there be more clarity on the official website for these common issues in documentation? And should case officers be accountable for certain errors in requests?

It is fair to request additional relevant documentation for integrity checking but many visa applicants have also encountered the issue of further unexplained delays after submitting documents requested by their respective case officers. An applicant is usually given 28 days to supply documents but it has been evident that many of them do not hear back from their case officers more than 6 months after. We hope that the department would likewise take the accountability of getting back to applicants in a timely manner.

Please see the above emails which was written by some members a few weeks ago and I have sent it to the minister and home affairs but no response. You can maybe add more details about the functional English part

Thank you I can certainly add few things to it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Summer said:

Hi Jessi, 

I will keep you guys posted as well. Yesterday, my immi status is INITIAL ASSESSMENT when i raised the concern, this morning, it was updated to FURTHER ASSESSMENT. Hopefully, will received positive outcome from the GSM Adelaide.

Mine is still initial assessment.

Did you click "I provided information..."?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nudgee said:

It is fair to request additional relevant documentation for integrity checking but many visa applicants have also encountered the issue of further unexplained delays after submitting documents requested by their respective case officers. An applicant is usually given 28 days to supply documents but it has been evident that many of them do not hear back from their case officers more than 6 months after. We hope that the department would likewise take the accountability of getting back to applicants in a timely manner.

Can you suggest the subject to email which can clearly state the process is not being followed .