887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 minutes ago, Guil said:

WHooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo

JUST GOT MY GRANT

Applied 16th May 2019

1st contact 28/05/2020 CO Jennifer (Adelaide) asked for Primary Applicant Proof of English

28/05/2020 Made a complaint by website and called them

29/05/2020 GRANT

Cheers Jennifer for changing you mind

congrats🍷

• Like 1

Assessing application before May 2019 😊.

Until April 2020, they were assessing applications of November 2018. What a great turnaround it is after the e-mail campaign spearheaded by some of us and Mark.

2474B8D8-2A94-40C0-A606-7F06CC6575B7.png

Edited by Bil
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Guil said:

JUST GOT MY GRANT

Applied 16th May 2019

1st contact 28/05/2020 CO Jennifer (Adelaide) asked for Primary Applicant Proof of English

29/05/2020 GRANT

Email below:

UNCLASSIFIED

Dear Mr xxxxx,

I am writing to advise you that I have located your TOEFL iBT English results that you provided for your 489 visa application. As these results were still valid when you lodged your 887 application there is no requirement to provide any further evidence of Functional English.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I will continue to assess your application.

Have a good day!

Kind regards

Jennifer

Position Number: xxxx

Decision Maker, Skilled Program Delivery SA (GSM)

Skilled and Family Visa Program Branch, Immigration Programs Division

Immigration and Settlement Services Group

Department of Home Affairs

Email: skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au

good one  !! that's how you need to challenge. They didn't even bother to have a look at your previous English qualifications  until you complained.

I think we all need to re up load English qualifications as additional documents if they were within 3 years at the time of 887 lodge. 

15 minutes ago, Guil said:

JUST GOT MY GRANT

Applied 16th May 2019

29/05/2020 GRANT

Email below:

UNCLASSIFIED

Dear Mr xxxxx,

I am writing to advise you that I have located your TOEFL iBT English results that you provided for your 489 visa application. As these results were still valid when you lodged your 887 application there is no requirement to provide any further evidence of Functional English.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I will continue to assess your application.

Have a good day!

Kind regards

Jennifer

Position Number: xxxx

Decision Maker, Skilled Program Delivery SA (GSM)

Skilled and Family Visa Program Branch, Immigration Programs Division

Immigration and Settlement Services Group

Department of Home Affairs

Email: skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au

Congrats 

20 minutes ago, Bil said:

Assessing application before May 2019 😊.

Until April 2020, they were assessing applications of November 2018. What a great turnaround it is after the e-mail campaign spearheaded by some of us and Mark.

2474B8D8-2A94-40C0-A606-7F06CC6575B7.png

You are right. It's the efforts of our seniors. Thanks for your hard work. 

• Like 5

image.thumb.png.2cf4c21b76dfe69acbf7ff53ec22df26.png

Dear all, I happened to stumbled upon this newly "sneakily" inserted requirement in the Eligibility section [cf. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#Eligibility].

It seems that they have just made this mandatory from the way it interpret it for Primary Applicant. I find this absurd given the fact that it is NOT in the original legislation. I don't think this is right at all.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Everyone ..i wanna ask a question..i know these co are asking for proof of functional english taken within last 12 months...but I have competent english proof taken under 3 years before i submitted 887 ...lools like they have not checked my 489 files...so can i submit those again?

1 minute ago, sha_adelaide said:

Thanks. Viewed it just now under ELIGIBILITY. They updated the 887 and create  link to functional english requirement. This will provide more clarity for the new 489 visa applicants and for those schedule to apply for 887 visa.

Just now, DVR said:

It is their rules, and they have the authority to do anything. Just upload degree certificates;if you have or get IELTS done. It will save your time by not allowing them to come back to asking the same over again 

I have done 6 years of my Bachelor & Masters in English. So, that is fine with me. I am just saying for the sake of those who will be going head on with DOHA.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DVR said:

Thanks brother, do you have a sample form or anything ? Thanks 

Hi,

I dont have a form but cover points like.

your friend saying I know you since 1995 and you were living from the date to xyz date. Sharing rent and other utility and contact him if more info required.