887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi all,

Nice to meet you all. I'm new to this forum and find this forum extremely helpful.

Just wondering what are people's experiences around applying when they went overseas for less than 28 days (4 weeks) per trip but totalling more than 28 days a year.

I waited for a little over a month before applying, but I'm concerned that because my total time overseas per year exceeds the allowed 4-weeks leave time, will that count against my time registered as a resident? Or days overseas only counted if the trip exceeds 4 weeks?

Cheers!

3 minutes ago, Vatas said:

Hi all,

Nice to meet you all. I'm new to this forum and find this forum extremely helpful.

Just wondering what are people's experiences around applying when they went overseas for less than 28 days (4 weeks) per trip but totalling more than 28 days a year.

I waited for a little over a month before applying, but I'm concerned that because my total time overseas per year exceeds the allowed 4-weeks leave time, will that count against my time registered as a resident? Or days overseas only counted if the trip exceeds 4 weeks?

Cheers!

Were you onshore or offshore when you grant 489 visa?

20 minutes ago, Vatas said:

Hi all,

Cheers!

Can you give details of  when you came to Australia  when you went for holidays and returned and when you applied. 

Hi Everyone! 

Reaching out for some help pls 

I am getting ready to apply for my 887 this month and had a quick question 

I have two kids and both of their pictures on passport are from the time they were born and they obviously look very different now

Can anyone help me with a same person declaration template that you may have used during your application please?

Regards

15 minutes ago, DVR said:

Do you guys think it won't take much longer to get to April ? I don't have the PCC yet😓

have u applied yet?

if did not, please do it ASAP.

I think if they keep this speed, April will start the end of this month or early next month

26 minutes ago, Sohail said:

Hi Everyone! 

I have two kids and both of their pictures on passport are from the time they were born and they obviously look very different now

Can anyone help me with a same person declaration template that you may have used during your application please?

Regards

I have the same thing with my kid I have not done the same person declaration. Does anyone know the answer if I have to do it or not?

45 minutes ago, MMM said:

have u applied yet?

if did not, please do it ASAP.

I think if they keep this speed, April will start the end of this month or early next month

I also applied in April and after getting 489, I am not visited my country, so I need to do  the PCC or not. 

8 hours ago, Seacity112 said:

Have you complained or communicated to relative areas asking for reason? It shouldn't be such long time.. and it's  passed the proposed processing time.

Yes, several times. they told me that 90% of applications get results within the nominated waiting period and for 10% it takes more than that time.

and I am in that 10%  !!!!
In addition, they said that while showing the status "Under assessment", you have to wait.

On 6/24/2020 at 2:48 PM, FAYZ said:

Good News 

Applied Date:     04/07/2019
First Contact:     04/06/2020
Granted Today:  24/06/2020

Asked for AFP with different surname 
Submitted through Email because i have reached attachment limit in IMMI Account

Complaint because i was not sure they received my document through Email and was not sure i should confrim through IMMI ACCOUNT that i have provided requested document. * I didn’t Confirm Through IMMI ACCOUNT *

Good luck to everyone 😊

hi there, would you be able to tell me what did you write in the complaint and how did you do it thanks

• Like 2

On 7/23/2020 at 12:07 PM, Prab Singh said:

Hi .. If you son never had a medical then the CO would request 1. Once you have submitted your 887 application then you would get 2 option "Attach documents" or "Request Medical" Click on request medical and you would be able to generate the hap ID for you son. Or else the other way is to speak to Home affairs 13 1881. 

Thank you so much.

My agent told me that my son medical has been finalize but weird that my son was born in Australia anh never have medical done before. 

We wiĺl have to wait for the contact then.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 887date1420202 said:

Thank you so much.

My agent told me that my son medical has been finalize but weird that my son was born in Australia anh never have medical done before. 

We wiĺl have to wait for the contact then.

You can get a medical certificate from your GP for the medical test if your son is less than 6 months old .. otherwise needs a medical from Bupa ..

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Khushi said:

I also applied in April and after getting 489, I am not visited my country, so I need to do  the PCC or not. 

This is the update from Home affairs website.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/character

Police certificates

We may ask you to provide a police certificate (also called a penal clearance certificate) from every country you lived in. If we ask you for one, it will usually be if you are over 17 and lived in any of the listed countries, including Australia, for at least 12 months in the past 10 years.

Police certificates are valid for 12 months from the issue date. They must cover:

• the time you turned 16 up to the issue date
    or
  • the whole time you were in the country
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, prash49 said:

I have the same thing with my kid I have not done the same person declaration. Does anyone know the answer if I have to do it or not?

they will ask latest passport size photo for that purpose.. nothing else can be done, i haven't hear anything else in this regard..

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sohail said:

Hi Everyone! 

Regards

you need to fill this form and get attested with passport pic and recent pics of your kids..thanks9E438125-47A0-4C6F-988A-E90A82467C37.thumb.png.10816f22366ecd3c270a2872ad75cd02.png

On 8/1/2020 at 10:17 AM, Mirza said:

May be someone faced same, but i would suggest write your own letter and give to your manager to modify and sign for you. Try to print on with company logo.

not a big deal, lot of companies including coles don't have letter head and providing employment letter through emails with contact details of authorized signatory. if CO want to verify, they have many ways / tools for it. 

• Like 1