887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

16 hours ago, DVR said:

DAMN!!! I can't believe myself .. GRANT !! Direct !! Holly F**** GOD .. 😂😂 I am going on half-a-day leave to celebrate now .. 

Applied date: 07/03/2020
Grant date; 05/08/2020 (Just less than 5 months !!!)  

Here are the details .. 

Granted 489 while I was offshore.. 13 November 2017
Arrived in Australia: 03/03/2018

Wife(secondary applicant went to India to have our baby, as I was not a full time employee and had no income, mainly due to financial hardships). 
Son was born in India and applied subsequent on 17 July, 2019. Since the grant got delayed, i applied a Visitor Visa also for my son. Both Visas came on the same day !! 😊 (06 December 2019, They just got into Australia before the boarder was closed on March 1st.

I was worried as I was out of Australia for 26 days and wasn't offset before applying (I knew after I had applied 887) 

Today !!! Directly granted by lovely Sophie !!! 😍

I wish you all get direct grants soon .. See you all in Citizenship form next year .. .

DVR out ..! 

Congrats DVR... 

18 hours ago, DVR said:

DAMN!!! I can't believe myself .. GRANT !! Direct !! Holly F**** GOD .. 😂😂 I am going on half-a-day leave to celebrate now .. 

Applied date: 07/03/2020
Grant date; 05/08/2020 (Just less than 5 months !!!)  

Here are the details .. 

Granted 489 while I was offshore.. 13 November 2017
Arrived in Australia: 03/03/2018

Wife(secondary applicant went to India to have our baby, as I was not a full time employee and had no income, mainly due to financial hardships). 
Son was born in India and applied subsequent on 17 July, 2019. Since the grant got delayed, i applied a Visitor Visa also for my son. Both Visas came on the same day !! 😊 (06 December 2019, They just got into Australia before the boarder was closed on March 1st.

I was worried as I was out of Australia for 26 days and wasn't offset before applying (I knew after I had applied 887) 

Today !!! Directly granted by lovely Sophie !!! 😍

I wish you all get direct grants soon .. See you all in Citizenship form next year .. .

DVR out ..! 

Thats Awesome.

Congratulations friend. Enjoy the freedom 🙂 and good luck

3 hours ago, Farha said:

Hi guys, I received my grant already but I need to upload my newborns passport. I dont see an option to upload documents online once your application has been finalised. Anyone has any idea?

Email to skilled.support@homaffairs.gov.au followed by a call to confirm might be an option.

• Like 1

Hi All,

By God's blessings, I received my direct grant today.

Single Applicant from India

Applied on 12/3/2020 (Sorry just realised that I have mentioned that i applied on 13/3/2020, sorry that was by mistake)

Grant on 6/8/2020.

CO Marea, GSM  Adelaide 

I thank you for everyone who took time to reply to my questions.

I also wish that everyone receive their grants soon. All the Best

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Soumya said:

I got a single query today from CO Sophorn GSM Adelaide. AFP clearance for my wife with her surname which was before marriage.  They are considering it as an Alias name. How  to do that? Please help.

What is your application date ?

3 minutes ago, Soumya said:

I got a single query today from CO Sophorn GSM Adelaide. AFP clearance for my wife with her surname which was before marriage.  They are considering it as an Alias name. How  to do that? Please help.

You can apply for AFP again with alias name. You will get the option for that while filling form.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, JayKrish said:

Hi All,

By God's blessings, I received my direct grant today.

Single Applicant from India

Applied on 12/3/2020 (Sorry just realised that I have mentioned that i applied on 13/3/2020, sorry that was by mistake)

Grant on 6/8/2020.

CO Marea, GSM  Adelaide 

I thank you for everyone who took time to reply to my questions.

I also wish that everyone receive their grants soon. All the Best

Congratulations 🥳.

now I know how people used feel when they say that they refresh their email every 5 minutes 

On 8/4/2020 at 4:10 PM, Prab Singh said:

Once you have your baby .. you could request a document from hospital that the baby is healthy and fine .. the check list includes Height, weight and head circumference.  Once you baby is born thy update the Blue book ( Adelaide, SA) abt other stuff as well .. like hearing test, vaccinations and other .. you could also upload a copy of same as well.. 

Thank @Prab Singh my boy is 3years old. But my agent said that his medical has been finalize but he had never had medical done before so I think we have to wait for them if they require medical.

Thank a lot for your reply

I applied in Apr and tgey are up to Mar now. Make me so nervous. Hihi 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, 887date1420202 said:

Thank @Prab Singh my boy is 3years old. But my agent said that his medical has been finalize but he had never had medical done before so I think we have to wait for them if they require medical.

Thank a lot for your reply

I applied in Apr and tgey are up to Mar now. Make me so nervous. Hihi 

hi, is ur son newborn after 489 visa?

Edited by MMM

Hey Guys,

Just have a question, I landed in Melbourne on 03/07/2018 and then moved to Cairns on 06/07/2018.

I applied for visa 887 on 04/07/2020.

That's 732 days since landing and 729 days since moving to Cairns will these 3 days considered as "Shorter periods where the applicant has traveled outside the specified area and won't be subtracted from 2 years of residence?"

Anyone has a similar situation and got his grant?

Thanks 

3 minutes ago, alielfiky said:

Hey Guys,

Just have a question, I landed in Melbourne on 03/07/2018 and then moved to Cairns on 06/07/2018.

I applied for visa 887 on 04/07/2020.

That's 732 days since landing and 729 days since moving to Cairns will these 3 days considered as "Shorter periods where the applicant has traveled outside the specified area and won't be subtracted from 2 years of residence?"

Anyone has a similar situation and got his grant?

Thanks 

Hello @alielfiky That is totally fine for the 3 day duration. Normally DOHA will not look at that but they will be more alarmed if that is longer than expected. We are talking about months. I hope this makes sense.

• Like 1